Review On Nec Pxt-42sv2

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum so hope I am posting in the right place.

I am interested in the NEC PXT-42SV2 but it dosen't seem to be readily availible in NSW. Does anyone know anything about this model, and should I be persuing such an animal.

Much thanks if anyone can assist.

Polly

Don't bother:

Average build quality

Average picture quality

The NEC SD's are really down in quality terms, they don't use the Pioneer panels anymore instead they use the LG PDP panels, which are decent panels but not the same level as the Pioneer made panels.

Also spend another $800 or so you can get a Panasonic HD which will **** all over the NEC.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum so hope I am posting in the right place.

I am interested in the NEC PXT-42SV2 but it dosen't seem to be readily availible in NSW. Does anyone know anything about this model, and should I be persuing such an animal.

Much thanks if anyone can assist.

Polly

In HN at Fyshwick I noticed 2 NEC's side by side at the same price, one of NEC PXT-42SV2 and the other was model PXT-42SV2B.

Priced at $2299 each.

Thanks DevilCV8 - unfortunately I live in Sydney. Your time is much appreciated.

Polly

Don't bother:

Average build quality

Average picture quality

The NEC SD's are really down in quality terms, they don't use the Pioneer panels anymore instead they use the LG PDP panels, which are decent panels but not the same level as the Pioneer made panels.

Also spend another $800 or so you can get a Panasonic HD which will **** all over the NEC.

Thanks DevilCV8 - unfortunately I live in Sydney. Your time is much appreciated.

Polly

Don't bother:

Average build quality

Average picture quality

Thanks Christopher M.J.T.

I am looking for a "cheaper" 42' plasma that is not necessarilly a HD panel, and is available in Sydney. That is why I was taken by the NEC PXT-42sv2 which I thought was made in Japan. These are available (if ordered and a lengthy wait endured) for $1995. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. I don't really want to pay more than $3k. I already have a SD STB.

Thanks again for your help

Polly

I am looking for a "cheaper" 42' plasma that is not necessarilly a HD panel, and is available in Sydney. That is why I was taken by the NEC PXT-42sv2 which I thought was made in Japan. These are available (if ordered and a lengthy wait endured) for $1995. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. I don't really want to pay more than $3k. I already have a SD STB.

You can get the SD Pana 42PA60A for $1,999 or the HD 42PV60A for $2,699 these days if you haggle hard. And they are made in Japan.

Polly

Thanks Christopher M.J.T.

Thanks again for your help

Polly

Not made in Japan anymore, China now adays.

If you want a decent SD plasma the Panasonic Viera SD is very much worth considering, blows the NEC away.

The Panasonic HD Plasma is made in China.

Yes - so I have discovered. It was inferred to me by vertually all sales people I encountered in this venture that Panasonic were made in japan. Never-the-less I have come to the conclusion that Panasonic are probably the best bet as far as I am concerned. Just a question of where do I buy. Prices seem to vaty so much.

• 4 weeks later...
No, they're made in Japan. Don't know where you got this info from. Have a look at the back of the unit.

Do you want me to take a photo? I can assure you that they are now made in China. Why do you think they've come down so much in price...

This is Polly ************* back after watching good tv

Well, I am really pleased with my Panasonic 42" HD. Its a great TV. But I wonder if anyone else has experienced a peculiar "pixalisation" of the screen sometimes. The picture just seems to collapse into small rectangular colours. I am using a Digicrystal 9000 STB and recorder.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Polly

This is Polly ************* back after watching good tv

Well, I am really pleased with my Panasonic 42" HD. Its a great TV. But I wonder if anyone else has experienced a peculiar "pixalisation" of the screen sometimes. The picture just seems to collapse into small rectangular colours. I am using a Digicrystal 9000 STB and recorder.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Polly

That is what happens with interference with the digital signal. It suggests that the signal is (at least intemittently) of poor strength.

Solutions:

If you are using an indoor portable antenna, try adjusting it so that the signal strength (usually a bar of some kind on the STB display somewhere) is better.

Get your outdoor antenna 'tuned', or maybe repositioned - or even replaced with a booster

Sometimes can be due to interference as well.

J.