Hifiman Audivina Review

I saw this on youtube and wondered what it's all about.  I have listened to a pair of these and thought that whilst they are not up to Hifiman standard set by their better open back planars it's a decent headphone and certainly not offensive.   It's actually one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever put on.  They are a little forward sounding and whilst haven't hunted up any measurements would expect to see them run a little hot in the upper midrange and treble, but not excessively so.

Personally I feel like Goldensound peaked with his investigation into MQA and I'm not a fan of his reviews.  I think he's incredibly treble sensitive and tends to have a problem with headphones that many others like or even love. If this is odd little video is a prelude to writing these headphones off I will personally be unsubscribing!

9 hours ago, POV said:

I saw this on youtube and wondered what it's all about.  I have listened to a pair of these and thought that whilst they are not up to Hifiman standard set by their better open back planars it's a decent headphone and certainly not offensive.   It's actually one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever put on.  They are a little forward sounding and whilst haven't hunted up any measurements would expect to see them run a little hot in the upper midrange and treble, but not excessively so.

Personally I feel like Goldensound peaked with his investigation into MQA and I'm not a fan of his reviews.  I think he's incredibly treble sensitive and tends to have a problem with headphones that many others like or even love. If this is odd little video is a prelude to writing these headphones off I will personally be unsubscribing!

I think its probably correct in assuming that he doesn't like the frequency response of these headphones.

The video seems to be a sort of copy of one done a few years ago of a pair of expensive Audeze headphones, where the guy is listening to them and say something like "sixteen hundred dollars", twice, and ends with "Wow, Just Wow" whist shaking his head and then taking them off