Prime and Moombil

What's the go with Prime digital via Moombil fellas. all us punters out Nana Glen are having reception woes with this one....seems to have lost all it's signal strength.

SBS used to be our worst digital channel, now Prime is bad as.

Not just me, about a dozen or so Orara Valley people suffering same.

May have something to do with current storm activity.Having trouble in Maclean at the moment!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the go with Prime digital via Moombil fellas. all us punters out Nana Glen are having reception woes with this one....seems to have lost all it's signal strength.

SBS used to be our worst digital channel, now Prime is bad as.

Not just me, about a dozen or so Orara Valley people suffering same.

could be the same old problem that we first saw just after PRIME Went Digital.

Perhaps...coincidental...just after I posted all commercial services lost signal...Prime up again, but 9 and 10 still out.

We had had the dredded Prime pixelation for about 5 days now...

Hello Viewer,

We had very poor signal strength from Prime last Thursday (I think - after a storm) but it was fixed about 9.00 p.m.

All others OK.

Phoned Prime (you probably know that the local ph. number goes to Tamworth A/H). They'd had several calls.

Next day I spoke to engineer at Tamworth. Moombil Prime had faulty gear which has been temporarily fixed. Still working on it I was told. They have borrowed backup gear for a while.

Prime signal strength still not quite up to scratch yet.

We've also had strange transmission dropouts / anomalies from NBN & ABC in the last few days. Usually only for short duration. I think they're trying to come up to speed with the across the board HD upgrades. But, as usual, we hill folk are left behind.

Cheers.

Hi digitalj, Thanks for that.

Success at last for DD 5.1 Broadcast from Mt Moombil.

ABC HD - Program "The Magic Roundabout" 1535 Tues 25th Mar 08 - notified in advance from the ABC this would be DD 5.1

My Receiver showed"

---------------------------

DD DSP

Dolby D 5.1

---------------------------

I will post next ABC HD 5.1 Program when notified.

Hello Fighter77,

I don't get a chance to catch up often - but I did so today after the Prime glitch last Thursday.

Regarding DD 5.1:

We used to get 5.1 on NBN with most of their blockbuster movies - but that changed when everyone started upgrading to separate HD channels.

Now, NBN has only done 5.1 with Underbelly (as reported by digitalj) and the occasional live cricket some weeks ago.

Your news that ABC has transmitted 5.1 is good. I haven't seen it yet.

Both regional PRIME and SCB TEN have to wait until the big upgrades are done in their main transmitters (Canberra I think). This will not happen until later this year.

Also, since TEN and 7 have dedicated HD channels now in metro areas, they are often only broadcasting 5.1 via HD.

SD channels are back to DD 2.

But I can hardly wait for everything to happen.

To watch HD in 5.1 on NBN is fantastic.

Trouble is a lot of folks are missing out because of their HD incompatible TVs or STBs.

Hello Viewer,

We had very poor signal strength from Prime last Thursday (I think - after a storm) but it was fixed about 9.00 p.m.

All others OK.

Phoned Prime (you probably know that the local ph. number goes to Tamworth A/H). They'd had several calls.

Next day I spoke to engineer at Tamworth. Moombil Prime had faulty gear which has been temporarily fixed. Still working on it I was told. They have borrowed backup gear for a while.

Prime signal strength still not quite up to scratch yet.

We've also had strange transmission dropouts / anomalies from NBN & ABC in the last few days. Usually only for short duration. I think they're trying to come up to speed with the across the board HD upgrades. But, as usual, we hill folk are left behind.

Cheers.

Hello mate,

I rang PRIME as well and they admitted problems with their gear and were trying to overcome.

We must be serial pests to them?

Hope your goods arrive soon ( Michelle told me!)

• 2 months later...

I've submitted this post on the NBN topic to cover all bases:

Anyone having glitches in ALL services at the moment?

Last night we had constant minor picture blocking and audio dropouts on all channels.

This morning it's the same - but maybe not as bad?

It was fairly windy yesterday evening and night but our antenna seems to be OK looking at it from the ground. It's a job getting on the roof so until I can confirm it isn't a general problem experienced by all receiving from Moombil I'll wait.

Signal strength/quality on the PVR indicates almost as usual - perhaps just a smidgin down at times. I don't know how accurate these onboard meters are.