Prime and Moombil

I suspect its highly related.

From my workshop I can see mt moombil tower and get typical Digital Channel power of around 70dBuV and typical Channel BER around 1Eo6. (these are text book measurements)

While simultaniously watching Prime analaog and digital it becomes apparent that its them not me.

For at least 6 years now I have noticed Prime ANALOG sufferring from Picture brake up (Pixalation as it is incorrectly called) and sound brake up.It is obviously an internal link problem that happens regularly and does not appear to happen to other channels here.

It is a real piss off for people that have spent big dollars upgrading their antenna systems to find their Prime digital still brakes up

Shame shame shame

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect its highly related.

From my workshop I can see mt moombil tower and get typical Digital Channel power of around 70dBuV and typical Channel BER around 1Eo6. (these are text book measurements)

While simultaniously watching Prime analaog and digital it becomes apparent that its them not me.

For at least 6 years now I have noticed Prime ANALOG sufferring from Picture brake up (Pixalation as it is incorrectly called) and sound brake up.It is obviously an internal link problem that happens regularly and does not appear to happen to other channels here.

It is a real piss off for people that have spent big dollars upgrading their antenna systems to find their Prime digital still brakes up

Shame shame shame

I wonder if Prime is addressing this (at last ) and this is why Middle Brother installation is slipping as they throw their techos to fixing break up of sound and picture. surely they now have a digital bearer and even the analogue should feed off that and be converted to analogue at TX site, sadly if middle brother slips that implies mt ulandra slips too. alan

I wonder if Prime is addressing this (at last ) and this is why Middle Brother installation is slipping as they throw their techos to fixing break up of sound and picture. surely they now have a digital bearer and even the analogue should feed off that and be converted to analogue at TX site, sadly if middle brother slips that implies mt ulandra slips too. alan

Ulandra, Dowe & Cenn Cruiach :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else experience loss of ABC HD audio last night (Wed. 7.30 Report and Inventors)?

ABC SD audio was fine - and all the other channels seemed OK.

ABC HD audio came back sometime after the Inventors.

We are at the foot of the Dorrigo (Upper Orara, west of Coffs) and had some intensive storm activity for a brief time at around 7.00 pm; which, I've been told, was part of a large cell in the Dorrigo area earlier in the evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to watching last night's (11/7) PVR (Topfield 5000PVRt) recording of Grey's Anatomy. Got around halfway through before the recording got corrupted - High Definition or Scrambled Signal message displayed. Scooted through the remainder of the recording and it finally came good but not until well past the end of Grey's. My other half wasn't very impressed. Had to find an episode guide summary so she could find out what happened.

We're used to the Prime signal having dropouts, but they have always been minor hiccups so we've become accustom to them...still annoying though, especially since they happen so often and I haven’t notice any other broadcasters have the same problem.

Thought I would phone up the Coffs Harbour office of Prime (02 6659 7777) to enquire about it. I’ve tended to assume that others would complain about their signal quality, and I would simply be singing the same old tune to them.

Spoke to a very helpful receptionist there and she wasn’t aware that there is an ongoing issue with signal drop out. There are no technical support staff in Coffs, so she will refer the matter to the Canberra office.

I also mentioned the discussion of the problem in this forum, so she took the details of forum down to pass on to too and suggested that tech support might get involved in the forum to help troubleshoot the problem.

No idea if anything will come of this, but I guess if we start making some noise then Prime might take some action…a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil.

Hi,

Prime at Moombil and Middle Brother had issues last night. With picture and audio breakup. Seems to be a problem with there data stream.

128QAM

There's also no Now and Next on LCN 6 from Middle Brother, but there is NAN on LCN's 60, 61, 62 and 63.

Tried to watching last night's (11/7) PVR (Topfield 5000PVRt) recording of Grey's Anatomy. Got around halfway through before the recording got corrupted - High Definition or Scrambled Signal message displayed. Scooted through the remainder of the recording and it finally came good but not until well past the end of Grey's. My other half wasn't very impressed. Had to find an episode guide summary so she could find out what happened.

We're used to the Prime signal having dropouts, but they have always been minor hiccups so we've become accustom to them...still annoying though, especially since they happen so often and I haven’t notice any other broadcasters have the same problem.

Thought I would phone up the Coffs Harbour office of Prime (02 6659 7777) to enquire about it. I’ve tended to assume that others would complain about their signal quality, and I would simply be singing the same old tune to them.

Spoke to a very helpful receptionist there and she wasn’t aware that there is an ongoing issue with signal drop out. There are no technical support staff in Coffs, so she will refer the matter to the Canberra office.

I also mentioned the discussion of the problem in this forum, so she took the details of forum down to pass on to too and suggested that tech support might get involved in the forum to help troubleshoot the problem.

No idea if anything will come of this, but I guess if we start making some noise then Prime might take some action…a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil.

We had exactly the same problem with Prime (from Moombil) last night.

I have reported previous hiccups to Prime and once got a call back from Tamworth (central distribution?)

They were very helpful but said they weren't aware of any issue (? ? ? ?)

We have noticed most of the commercials stem from Wollongong - in the evenings - and there is a lot of screen blanks whist someone is doing some switching of some kind.

I really do think Prime has some gremlins which need sorting.

We had exactly the same problem with Prime (from Moombil) last night.

I have reported previous hiccups to Prime and once got a call back from Tamworth (central distribution?)

They were very helpful but said they weren't aware of any issue (? ? ? ?)

We have noticed most of the commercials stem from Wollongong - in the evenings - and there is a lot of screen blanks whist someone is doing some switching of some kind.

Do you watch LCN 6 or 60 in the evening? When there is native HD, PRIME HD show ads from Wollongong and even a couple from Victoria.

Yes, Prime certainly plays up a lot, I have rung Coffs 3 times, I'm sure they pass on the details, but little seems to happen to fix the thing at the sharp end. I think their phones would run hot if only digital was available.

• 3 months later...
sdixon and others,

PRIME HD will be 1080i as of this weekend :)

From The DTV Website

Prime Television has today announced it will roll out 1080i High Definition digital transmission to all existing Prime digital broadcast areas.

In line with the 7 Network’s recent changes to its HD format, Prime’s Group General Manager Engineering & IT, Mr Gerry Smith says Prime will shift to 1080i in all digital broadcast areas this weekend.

“By Monday 2 July, Prime digital viewers will be able to access 1080i High Definition TV,” said Mr Smith. “As we continue the rollout of digital TV throughout regional Australia, all new HD digital areas will also get the 1080i format.”

The vast bulk of Prime viewers now have the choice of receiving analogue or digital transmissions at home, and digital uptake figures show increasing numbers of regional viewers are making the switch to Prime Digital.

From The DTV Website

Prime Television has today announced it will roll out 1080i High Definition digital transmission to all existing Prime digital broadcast areas.

In line with the 7 Network’s recent changes to its HD format, Prime’s Group General Manager Engineering & IT, Mr Gerry Smith says Prime will shift to 1080i in all digital broadcast areas this weekend.

“By Monday 2 July, Prime digital viewers will be able to access 1080i High Definition TV,” said Mr Smith. “As we continue the rollout of digital TV throughout regional Australia, all new HD digital areas will also get the 1080i format.”

The vast bulk of Prime viewers now have the choice of receiving analogue or digital transmissions at home, and digital uptake figures show increasing numbers of regional viewers are making the switch to Prime Digital.

he should get off his arse and check Mt. Ulandra digital Prime should have been on air months ago but always problems some of which very foreseeable particularly the clash with self help UHF47 gundagai , and thats not the only major site without DTX. IT IS IMPROVING SLOWLY BUT I CANT SEE HOW SO MANY THINGS CAN APPARANTLY BE OVERLOOKED DURING ROLLOUT AND PLANNING BY PEOPLE WHO ARE HIGHLY PAID TO DO A JOB AND GO FROM CRISES TO CRISES. sorry for the shouting. cheers alan

From The DTV Website

he should get off his arse and check Mt. Ulandra digital Prime should have been on air months ago but always problems some of which very foreseeable particularly the clash with self help UHF47 gundagai , and thats not the only major site without DTX. IT IS IMPROVING SLOWLY BUT I CANT SEE HOW SO MANY THINGS CAN APPARANTLY BE OVERLOOKED DURING ROLLOUT AND PLANNING BY PEOPLE WHO ARE HIGHLY PAID TO DO A JOB AND GO FROM CRISES TO CRISES. sorry for the shouting. cheers alan

• 2 months later...
Prime from Moombil has been OK for a while now.(many months)

Haven't seen any brake up issues recently due to storms either.

Keeping fingers crossed .

They must've been receiving Poor Ratings due to Digital Subscribers avoiding PRIME every time the problem came that they decided to fix the problem permanently.

They must've been receiving Poor Ratings due to Digital Subscribers avoiding PRIME every time the problem came that they decided to fix the problem permanently.

Their ratings would'nt be as poor as NBN Inland and correct me if I'm wrong but Prime have a Translator at Coffs Right ?????

Prime & SC-10 have Been alot more pro active with DTV Installs than NBN.

Before you poke too much fun at Prime think of all of us west of the range who have been fully snubbed by NBN :(

Edited by left behind

• 3 weeks later...