Prime and Moombil

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Hi Reach. Here it is!

So does anyone know when the techs are starting on Soma?

If they started this month then that means we are still on track for a July start for Prime at Moombil

Apparently PRIME only take 1 month to install. :blink:

When PRIME does start, what are the chances of them testing the same way NBN did, due to the fact that PRIME's digital channel is in the same situation as NBN's digital channel is, i.e. digital from mardi is the adjacent channel below, while the stations analogue channel from moombil is adjacent above the digital channel?

I hope they do test it like NBN

Turn it on and leave it on.

NBN adjacent channel problems have been IMHO due to NBN analog being very low in some locations relative to NBN digital due to different transmitter site.This difference in level is known to cause snow on some recievers.

As prime analog and digital will originate from same tower ,I think it very unlikely that similar problems may occur.(famous last words)

I happened to recive an e-mail today from ACMA saying that PRIME had indicated a start date to them of july, just a few weeks before this I received an e-mail from them saying PRIME hadn't given a start date, I think this means that PRIME is in the process of getting a license for digital here. :blink:

I have worked out that there are a minimum 46 days before we get PRIME digital, and a max of 74 days, hopefully it will be as close to the 46 days as possible, but I suspect it will be closer to the 74 days. I'll update this early june.

Hi All,

Prime still hasn't started its install at Moombil yet , All the DTX parts are on site ready to go !!!!!

Also Prime hasn't Installed any gear at Bruxner Translator site at Coffs Harbour.

Lets see what happens when Prime Moombil comes online...

Regards

128QAM

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Can't wait to get rid of my old VCR. Just bought me a 80G PVR (alas! no coax cable came with it!). BelloTV came around my house on Wednesday and installed a new antenna for DTV. Man what a difference. Everty channel has been perfect. I monitored it closely today coz it was quite windy but no problems wahtsoever!

Onya BelloTV (Richard)!

Col

P.S I still have the flu mate! Bit hard to shake off!

Cool digitalj ,sounds great.

Like your fact bending .

You would make a good politician :blink:

Yes, I was trying to get everyone excited by saying next month instead of nearly 2 months, as 2 months seems a long way away, and next month doesn't sound long away. This technique is known as tricking the brain.

PRIME appear to still not have a license for Tamworth, Armidale or here, so it looks like PRIME has received another delay of some sort. (wonder what it is this time? If I find out and I know how to fix it I would probably help them if they have no idea.)

• 2 months later...

On Saturday I sent an e-mail to DBA saying that August 2006 was wrong and that PRIME had been telling me September 2006, I received a Reply from them and it turns out that on Friday PRIME had already given in information and it matches what I told them, so the Reception Locator now says September. Hopefully we will have PRIME digital sometime between 18/9/06 and 29/9/06 as PRIME generally take 1 month to install. which is why 18/9/06 is the earliest date I've given, but hopefully if nothing goes wrong, we should hopefully have it by 22/9/06.

Today I swung my 18db yagi around to Moombil (was at Nardi) in preparation for Prime's start.

How's that for positive!?! Or is it just that there aint that much on on Prime anyways....

I've turned off the masthead amp and I'm getting between 80 and 90% signal strength and 98 to 100% signal quality.... :blink:

Today I swung my 18db yagi around to Moombil (was at Nardi) in preparation for Prime's start.

How's that for positive!?! Or is it just that there aint that much on on Prime anyways....

I've turned off the masthead amp and I'm getting between 80 and 90% signal strength and 98 to 100% signal quality.... :blink:

Good thing you're back to local ads, at least we now have another person to help report any problems we may end up with on PRIME Digital.

must be that time to send out an email again

to bo told they have put back a month again

anyone want to lay some odds

even money it wont be sep

spoke to my contact who does the a/c

hasnt had a call yet

and he gets them 6 weeks in advance

he does all the moombil a/c

will catch up with the concrete cutter who cuts the hole in the floor and see what he says

must be that time to send out an email again

to bo told they have put back a month again

anyone want to lay some odds

even money it wont be sep

spoke to my contact who does the a/c

hasnt had a call yet

and he gets them 6 weeks in advance

he does all the moombil a/c

will catch up with the concrete cutter who cuts the hole in the floor and see what he says

I'll lay odds, 10:1, that they'll start up after they've worked out how to start 10 minutes of adverts every 5 minutes.

:blink:

They will miss the implementation plan which states Primes start date on 31/8/2006. Why do you think it is definately September? Prime couldve got different contractors i guess.

Because I believe that the technicians indicated to PRIME that they were done out at Armidale and Tamworth and were told to go do Mount Moombil, the engineer at PRIME knew it would take around a month, so told DBA September 2006, and DBA wouldn't have updated the reception locator for Grafton/Kempsey if the info wasn't from PRIME.

Because I believe that the technicians indicated to PRIME that they were done out at Armidale and Tamworth and were told to go do Mount Moombil, the engineer at PRIME knew it would take around a month, so told DBA September 2006, and DBA wouldn't have updated the reception locator for Grafton/Kempsey if the info wasn't from PRIME.
Must be hiring different contractors then.