Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

That is the receipt for $2430 TH50PZ800A from Myers Parramatta with Delivery.

However the amount actual CASH paid is $2209.09. ie ($2430/1.1)

To get this price you must take advantage of the Myers Gift Card Bonus. For every $500 gift card purchase there is a bonus of $50.

So do they give you 10% free for any dollar amount purchased in gift cards or must you buy a $500 gift card?

If its $500, wouldn't that mean you spend $2k, get $200 free and fork out another $230, so cost would be $2,230?

So do they give you 10% free for any dollar amount purchased in gift cards or must you buy a $500 gift card?

If its $500, wouldn't that mean you spend $2k, get $200 free and fork out another $230, so cost would be $2,230?

Not sure but the $50 Bonus is per $500 lot. You can always call up the Myers and ask.

Even if the cost is $2230 instead of $2209. there is only $21 differences. Still a very good price.

I have tried to get the price down to $2200 at many places, but it not possible. So when this deal come on, I jump it. The only thing that sour it, is the 3 hours spend mucking around.

Good luck.

I did get my 50PZ850A for $2460 a few weeks back but it looks like the 850A models are out of stock in Australia now. Looks like everyone is flogging off the 800A models for sub $2400 easily. I'm waiting till someone can break the $2300 barrier and get closer to $2200 + wii.

Looks like there is gonna be a lot of 50" 800A panasonics in people's houses this christmas lol

Last Sat 29/11/08 I could not resist Myers 20% off deal

which I negotiated down to 25% off.

TH46PZ800A with the Blu Ray DMP-BD35 Plus the free Wii for $2286

good deal I thought.

BTW great TV, thanks for the advice everyone.

Spud

please post your receipt if possible ?

it's pretty good deal.

:)

I'm waiting till someone can break the $2300 barrier and get closer to $2200 + wii.

You'd better get a move on because the Wii promotion finishes in a couple of weeks. I reckon you'd be pretty hard pressed to get 50" 800A for close to $2200 before the Wii deal is up but of you can you've got one hell of a deal. Also while i'm not sure how true the reports are but reading what some are saying the 800's might run out of stock before xmas due to not being able to get the 850A. But who knows how true that is.

btw, is there any difference between 42 800a, 46 800a and 50 800a ? Beside of course the screen size ?

and if anyone know the best price for 42" 800a ? I've reading up to 20 pages back but I could only get best price for 46" ($1891 JB) and 50"'($2320 Dicksmith)

Picked up the PZ850 for $2000 flat :P

The catch..... Had to purchase additional 4 years warranty and a belkin surge protector. Total cost including delivery was $2607.

Told the salesman there would be heaps of my mates interested in that deal but he said there was no way he could do that again. It was end of month at the time and they had one unit left at the back.

Dont ask me to post the receipt as i promised the salesman that i wouldn't.

Picked up the PZ850 for $2000 flat :P

The catch..... Had to purchase additional 4 years warranty and a belkin surge protector. Total cost including delivery was $2607.

Told the salesman there would be heaps of my mates interested in that deal but he said there was no way he could do that again. It was end of month at the time and they had one unit left at the back.

Dont ask me to post the receipt as i promised the salesman that i wouldn't.

Could you at least tell us which retailer and location?

Guest Garry's Brain
It was Sydney JB store...

So JB are getting into the act of flogging belkin surge protectors too.

I thought it was only DSE that pushed them.

Edited by Garry's Brain

At lunch today I picked up the TH50PZ800A for $2400 flat delivered.

It was ridiculously easy

- Ask them if they have stock

- Ask them to give it to me for 2400 delivered

- Deal made

In fact I got the same price from 3 different stores (Myer, JB and Bing Lee all in Chatswood).

On retrospect I think could have pushed then harder but really feel that 2400 is a fair price for a good display like this.

One word of warning though, it appears that stock is running out of this model fast – both JB and Bing Lee weren’t able to provide stock, Myer did with delivery on Friday. So if you want one get in now.

try this list, you'll generally get freight for $100 and you'll still be over $200 better off.

http://www.shopbot.com.au/default.asp?kw=T...position=search

Yeah online is an option, but I would rather not (returns are a PITA). What sh!ts me is that I can drive to the city, pick up the TV for $2400 at (say) HN, drive back (less than $100 fuel, so all up <$2500) and if I have an issue take it to the local HN no questions asked. But if you ask for deal locally you get the blank stare.

BTW, JB HiFi sells online for approx same price as The Bargain Hunter.

Edited by QuickSilver

Will probably get the TH-46PZ800A from Myer on Saturday. Advertised at $2199 and they said another $299 for five years warranty. I haven't pushed anyone too hard yet but JB was the next closest at $2530 all up. HN was terrrible saying they counldn't go lower than $2480 for just the TV as "margins are already really low". At Myer though, I can buy $2000 worth of vouchers and get $200 free vouchers so all up $2298. I checked at the service desk and they said that you can stack the vouchers and you receive the bonuses as soon as you purchase the others so it should work well. I will try to knock at least $50 off the price - any good tips on how to do this?

Also if you're interested in this TV go to Myer before the 15th when the sale ends and they seem to have plenty in stock (at least in Adelaide anyway).

skytan, where did you buy your PV8 with $800 of vouchers?

Hummer, got the PV8 at Best(Ngee Ann). 700 Taka and 100 NTUC vouchers. I believed the promotion was due to the Depavali festival. Also, an Ultrasonic cleaner was given to me as a gift by the sales guy.

Will probably get the TH-46PZ800A from Myer on Saturday. Advertised at $2199 and they said another $299 for five years warranty. I haven't pushed anyone too hard yet but JB was the next closest at $2530 all up. HN was terrrible saying they counldn't go lower than $2480 for just the TV as "margins are already really low". At Myer though, I can buy $2000 worth of vouchers and get $200 free vouchers so all up $2298. I checked at the service desk and they said that you can stack the vouchers and you receive the bonuses as soon as you purchase the others so it should work well. I will try to knock at least $50 off the price - any good tips on how to do this?

Also if you're interested in this TV go to Myer before the 15th when the sale ends and they seem to have plenty in stock (at least in Adelaide anyway).

which catalog did u get the price from. from lasoo myer catalog it's 2499 for 46" 800A

to knock the price off, borrow someone else's myer disc card :)