Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Anyone know how to make video information display on the PV8? What I mean is to be able to see the information such as 480, 576, 720, interlaced or progressive, NTSC or PAL, NICAM stereo, etc?

My old TV had an info button which displayed such information. But I can't such an option with the PV8. When I switch source (AV1, AV2, HDMI, etc.) it does show 480p or 576p but just for a couple of seconds.

:)

Is Stewart (S_enthoven9) from Myer Marion still around these forums?

I went into Myer on the weekend but couldn't see him.

I am after a price on the new z series Sony's. I tried to send a PM but it wont work.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.

another happy customer.. thats what i like to hear. My pleasure to get you a good deal. Also guys. alot of stores, especially JB tend to lie about cost price, just to trick people into thinking they have the lowest price. Come into myer marion, and talk to myself and ill bne more than happy to see what i can do for you.... Our displays are rubbish, but we tend to do a good deal.. later peeps :)

-stewart

Hi

I haven't seen him post for a while, might have moved on or Boss stopped him posting. The old Forum 2002-2003 had heaps of retail staff and owners(eg Encel) contributing but for one reason or another have dwindled away which is a shame.

Current Dick Smith catalog advertises a free XBOX 360 with every TV purchase over $1299.

You could pick up any of the Panasonic full HD range from there ($2498 42", $2597 46", $2888 50") get your free XBOX and then get a free Wii from Panasonic. Then you just need a PS3 to complete the set!

Current Dick Smith catalog advertises a free XBOX 360 with every TV purchase over $1299.

You could pick up any of the Panasonic full HD range from there ($2498 42", $2597 46", $2888 50") get your free XBOX and then get a free Wii from Panasonic. Then you just need a PS3 to complete the set!

That deal ends today, though (or was it yesterday?), so best not dilly-dally!

Is Stewart (S_enthoven9) from Myer Marion still around these forums?

I went into Myer on the weekend but couldn't see him.

I am after a price on the new z series Sony's. I tried to send a PM but it wont work.

I went in a couple of weekends back and asked for him, the guy said he wasn't there not sure if he meant that day or not at all.

They had a 15% sale going so the price on the Pana 800 would have been good but it was marked down already and the guy said it was 15% off the retail price and not the ticketed price shown. I mentioned that the best price on this forum at that stage was $2600 with extended warranty but he said the best he could do it for was $2800, so I walked.

hi, anyone has experience in installing the panny on the wall yourself? I am thinking to get the set now to use it first with the stand before my parent room is ready for me to mount it inside. I just want to know how easy or difficult if I drill the hole and install it myself.

Or maybe I ask them to put the wall mounting bracket to the plasma first when they come, but i still use it with the stand then when installing to my parent room, at least i only need to install the wall side bracket. Will this way a lot easier for me? Your advice is much appreciated.

Mounting the bracket onto the rear of the plasma is a piece of cake.  The hardest part is drilling the holes on the wall, especially if u are only using the normal household drill.

Contractors with powerful drill takes only a min per hole.  When using household hammer drill, I took 10-15 min per hole.  The toughest part is to ensure the correct alignment of the 6 holes.

:o 10+ mins per hole!! What were you using? Some melamine hammer drill? ;D

bosch 500W hammer drill with a 13mm drill bit.  Ya, 13mm...the hole need to be that big to fit in the wall anchors.    :P

HDB wall siao siao one.  Some hole took less than 5 min to go through.  Some ~!@#$%^ hard spot took me more than 15 min to drill through. 

freddyhappy,

Check with the shop you are buying from.  I believe the standard practice is that within the first year, you can ask Panasonic to come and install the wall bracket for you FOC.  So that would solve your problem.

that was last time when plasma/lcd tvs are >$2k.

but now, they expect u to cart your tv back to your home. no more delivery..

so u got to check whether they will come and install the wall bracket or not.

Hi all, Recently purchased a TH50-850A panel. Got it home to find out that the panel had already been opened and used. Although it had no visible marks, the manual plastic and battery plastic and covers had been opened and showed no signs of hiding this fact. I checked the service menu to see that the panel has been on 10 times with a total of 15 hours use. What do you think I should do in this case?

I purchased the unit at a great price from a reputable retailer. I have approached them on the issue and they say they will have it replaced but I understand at the moment that the panels are on back order which many mean a January delivery...

Hi Geese,is there any difference in PQ between the 850A and the 800A,as not many seem to be buying the 850A.

Apart from the extra HDMI input and an extra 2 speakers, is there any difference ?

Curious.

Thornton :huh:

Most of the 850A series are sold out throughout the country. Next delivery from Panasonic will be in January 2009. When I was buying mine 3 weeks ago, there were only few left in Perth stores and no one was interested to negotiate on the price. Ended up getting last one from one of the West Coast Hi-Fi stores on the good package deal with the latest Panasonic Blu Ray player BD35. Now they are selling only 800A series. Rumors are that Panasonic will rise the prices in January. I think that for those still on the market now is the time to buy!

Cheers Greg

Edited by gregus

Exactly.  Check on whether got delivery and installation or not.  IIRC, the wall mounting is done by Panasonic, not the retailer, so it would be the same whoever you buy it from.

FYI, at Sitex, HN was giving a trolley for people to cart back 32" and below.  37" and above was still delivery.

Got my 50 800a delivered yesterday. Very happy with it. It's big, compared to my previous CRT.

Anyone know if I can run a cable (RCA or Optical) from the TV to the receiver to play through the HT? I don't have Fox HD, and would like to get better sound than what comes out of the TV.

Thanks in advance. :D

I've sent away my form with registered post on Monday, the first day possible. Now on the tracking website it was scanned at the DC the day after I posted it, but it says Missorted at the top now. I want the form to get there so i can get my wii. Reckon its worth ringing aus post to check, its been 4 days now.

Hey flashman do you have a receipt for that.

does anyone know if this the absolute best price at the moment as it is not on the wiki

This must be close to the best price I've seen - I picked up mine last week for 90 more - So well done Flashman...