Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

and we payed $1300 nothing extra last week :(

I suppose one thing to remember is no one has actually purchased an 8A with 5yr warranty and delivery....it was only a quote.

Edited by boxall

I am going buy mine 50" 80A.

I got an amazing price from a local retravision $1600 for the 50" including 5yr warranty and free delivery

I was quoted for $1150 for the 42" with 5years and free delivery.

Should be getting it in a week or two as it has to be ordered in. Absolute bargain. Will post receipt when I get it if anyone is interested

NetGX. That is a great price for 50" 80A. Which retravision store was this from?

$1,600 for the 50" 80A seems almost unachievable, esp with delivery and 5 year warranty.

Could you please post a receipt ASAP?

Also, has anyone bought a TV from Powerhouse recently with their free GPS/Surge protector giveaway? Is this giveaway affecting DSE's ability to negotiate?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a 50-inch plasma for my new place. After doing some research online, I've decided that I most probably will go with Panasonic.

My question now is, do I get the 50PY700H or the 50PV80? The prices are comparable. One is Full HD but older, and the other is only HD-ready but newer. Any other differences between the two I should consider? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

My question now is, do I get the 50PY700H or the 50PV80? The prices are comparable. One is Full HD but older, and the other is only HD-ready but newer. Any other differences between the two I should consider? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

i guess it depends on what you'll be watching on the TV. if its mostly SD content (eg. SCV, channel 5 & 8, DVDs) and is your main "work-horse" tv, then u might want the PV80. i think the newer model has lower power-consumption.

if on the other-hand u watch a lot of HD contents or are particular abt image quality, u might want to consider the PY700H for its Full HD. or if ur budget and time permits, wait for the PY800H. the panasonic brochure says "Coming Soon", but i dunno how soon tho.

First time poster - Since this forum was very useful in getting the price I got, I thought I'd give some info back.

Ended up getting a Panasonic 50" TH-50PX80A from Harvey Norman in Bondi Junction (NSW) for $2000 flat, including five year warranty and delivery.

Here are some other quotes I got over the phone that are good for comparison:

Myer Bondi Junction quoted $1600 base price for TV, total of $1899 including 5yr warranty and delivery, but will have no stock until mid august (this is from their warehouse, so I expect will be the same at all NSW myer stores). I also rang the City, Eastgardens and Chatswood stores, none had any stock on-site.

Good Guys Alexandria quoted $2169 w/ 5yrs warranty and delivery

Harvey Norman Moore Park quoted $2045 w/ 5yrs warranty and delivery

Domayne Alexandria quoted $2100 w/ 5yrs warranty and delivery

Dick Smith Moore Park were almost totally unwilling to negotiate. $2300 w/ 5yrs warranty and delivery

Clive Peeters Auburn wouldn't give a firm quote, but said to come in and they'd do better than $2075 w/ 5yrs warranty and delivery

JB HiFi in Bondi Junction didn't have any stock (but said chatswood do), and said that they'd probably be able to match Myers offer if they could verify it with a phone call to them (but I didn't bother).

All the phone prices were pretty much without haggle. I just stated that I was looking to buy today...

Cheers,

Sean.

NetGX. That is a great price for 50" 80A. Which retravision store was this from?

Can you please let me know which Retravision store gave you this good deal? $1,600.00 for the lot (delivery & 5 years warranty is a bargian). Would appreciate if you could fax me a copy of the receipt please.

Edited by gaza

My views are different.

PY700 range has the anti glare and it spoils the image and make it less bright. I have compared both PV80 and PY700 for both 42 and 50 and I still feel I did not lose much on being HD ready. But if your budget allows I say go for the PY800 series. The 42PY800 and 42PV80 do have difference as there is more depth and details on a full HD panel.

Off Topic - 42PV80 is not 2049 at courts with 400 voucher and HTIB. Somewhat cheaper than my 2199 deal.

I got an amazing price from a local retravision $1600 for the 50" including 5yr warranty and free delivery

Should be getting it in a week or two as it has to be ordered in. Absolute bargain. Will post receipt when I get it if anyone is interested

Which store? Can you please provide the location?

Thanks to the both of you for your advice :)

Anyone know when the 50PY800 will be available? Unlikely I'll be able to afford it, but maybe when it comes out, the price of the 50PV80 might drop ;D

Hi Vade, Heard it will be on our shores by next week.  MSRP is $5999, $400 NTUC Vouchers or $200 Shell/Taka vouchers and HTIB.

Best Regards,

Tony

I find this hard to believe B)

was it floor stock/demo? sure it was a 50"?

post a receipt if you can

I've been Quoted $3200 for a 50" 800a with 4 years more warranty from HarveyNorman in Brisbane.... has anyone gotten better??

Price was just under 2800 without more warranty.

There was quote on the 50PZ800 thread below

I have no scanner but assure you that its all correct. I took advantage of a good price on the tv I was quoted last week then went back when HN caringbah had in inhouse promo of the other items thrown in for free. They were not happy but I am.

Invoice shows,

plasma $2700

Ext warranty $150

Delivery $50

No mention of surge board but will take that up with them when tv arrives. I have the ad from the Leader

Retravision Newcastle.(50px80a)

however it does not mean other retravisions will price match the $1600 as i called a local one in Melbnourne and they wouldn't

I highly doubt anybody would give a super sharp price like that out over the phone.

Retailers would prefer to do a deal that sharp in person with the buyer showing all the signs that they are ready to buy now.

I will post the receipt when I purchase the television. I will be paying cash. I am still tossing up between the panasonic plasma and the new samsung lcd's.

It is new stock that has to be ordered in. I'll post up the receipt when I get it but I don't particularly want to give out the salesman's name as they are quite a handy contact and I know for a fact that the prices he gives are only a few dollars above cost and could get himself into some strife if he starts getting hundreds of 'please explain' phone calls.

I have bought a few things from this store like a 160L F&P freezer for $300 including warranty delivery ect where goodguys wouldn't budge from $450

I just bought a clothes drier last week for $399 with warranty and delivery and the next cheapest was $500.

Anyway i'll be more than happy to post up a copy of the receipt when I get it but it could be a couple of weeks as the stock has to be ordered in.

DMW I got HN down to 3000 with 4 year extra warranty and delivery down in Caringbah (Sydney) for the PZ800

Ended up ordering through the Good Guys for 2950 with only 2 year extra warranty but have been advised that their warranty is better, not sure if its a fact though. Getting a call when they have them available which will hopefully be this time next week

DMW I got HN down to 3000 with 4 year extra warranty and delivery down in Caringbah (Sydney) for the PZ800

Ended up ordering through the Good Guys for 2950 with only 2 year extra warranty but have been advised that their warranty is better, not sure if its a fact though. Getting a call when they have them available which will hopefully be this time next week

good price , how did you pay cash/credit/interest free ?