Channels for Brisbane:

1 - TEN Digital

2 - ABC TV Brisbane

3 - SBS

7 - 7 Digital

9 - NINE Digital

10 - TEN Digital (same as 1)

11 - TEN Guide

12 - TEN HD (HD Decoder required, broadcast at 1080i)

20 - ABC HDTV (HD Decoder required, broadcast at 720p)

21 - ABC2

22 - ABC TV (same as 2)

30 - SBS HD (HD Decoder required, broadcast at 576p (ED) changing to 720p in 2008)

31 - SBS 2 (same as 3)

33 - SBS News

38 - SBS Radio 1

39 - SBS Radio 2

70 - 7 HD Digital (HD Decoder required, broadcast at 1080i)

71 - 7 Digital 1 (same as 7)

72 - 7 Digital 2 (same as 7)

73 - 7 Digital 3 (same as 7)

77 - 7 Guide

90 - NINE HD (HD Decoder required, broadcast at 1080i)

99 - NINE Guide

100 - TEN Guide (same as 11)

200 - ABC Dig Radio

201 - ABC Dig Jazz

that's 19 unique channels (4 being radio), (5 being HD copies of the SD channel, the HD channel will show upscaled SD when Native HD is unavailable)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much digital. Much rpeciated.. Yes that is correct thats what i got. I dont quite understand why they all in unusual high numbers..

My screen shows australia map all i do is select the state i am to enable to do a digital scan... If i was to choose WA state would i be able to pick up Perth digital television ? Just like how i do to ick up all of them in brisbane since im in brisbane. there seem plenty and plenty multibles and very satisfied with all them..

Not sure if there will be more digital channels soon but one vision magazine this year said that in 2008 there (could) be 2 new private networks to transmit digital television..

Linda

xox

I dont quite understand why they all in unusual high numbers..

With Digital Tv it's not like only analogue where you can only have 1 channel per frequency, Digital allows multiple channels to be sent on the one frequency, now obviously a Set Top Box (STB) needs to be able to display one or another, this is enabled through the broadcaster sending LCN's (Logical Channel Numbers), the way it works is a stations is given all LCN's starting with a particular number, i.e. TEN can use any LCN they want to as long as it starts with 1, same for ABC but has to start with 2, SBS is 3, 7 is 7 and 9 is 9, to extend on this and to prevent confusion for the viewer, the single digital channel is the SD channel, SD being 576i or Standard Definition, a stations HD channel will always use the same number as the SD channel with a 0 added, e.g. 7 = SD, 70 = HD, and then they have a Video Program Guide you can get to by pressing the same number twice and then any other LCN's are for place holder channels that will most of the time show exactly what's on the SD channel, but during a major sporting event or other sort of event, e.g. Olympics, those place holder channels become useful for allowing other camera angles, alternate events, or it can be a mutli channel, e.g. ABC2.

I hope this helps.

Intreresting information there digital thank you for that it helps understand about digital television channels..

Is it posible to ick up digital channels from ather states? my plasma shows a map of australia you choose the state and then you do a digital scan... Oh tho the one i choosen was queensland state obviously so i did a digital scan. I just wonder what might happen if i was to choose TAS or WA and then do a digital scan.. perhaps i will receive perth tv? not quite sure but you might let us all know..

But like i said thank you for your good information you have gathered.

Linda

xox

Intreresting information there digital thank you for that it helps understand about digital television channels..

Is it posible to ick up digital channels from ather states? my plasma shows a map of australia you choose the state and then you do a digital scan... Oh tho the one i choosen was queensland state obviously so i did a digital scan. I just wonder what might happen if i was to choose TAS or WA and then do a digital scan.. perhaps i will receive perth tv? not quite sure but you might let us all know..

But like i said thank you for your good information you have gathered.

Linda

xox

It will make no difference to what you receive, the only thing it may affect is the clock.

It will make no difference to what you receive, the only thing it may affect is the clock.

Perhaps but the interesting thing about it.. is if i was to choose WA or tassie on the map on the plasma before do a digital scan you will then receive channels from tassie and also you get to see the advertices made in tassie and all that interesting things... I havnt try this out yet because not sure if it will work or not.. apart from jsut receive brisbane digital channels because im located in brisbane.. Unless it is posible to receive outside queensland aswell digital channels such as prime... win tv and all that these things we dont receive in brisbane.

thanks for the reply here digital./

Linda

xox

Perhaps but the interesting thing about it.. is if i was to choose WA or tassie on the map on the plasma before do a digital scan you will then receive channels from tassie and also you get to see the advertices made in tassie and all that interesting things... I havnt try this out yet because not sure if it will work or not.. apart from jsut receive brisbane digital channels because im located in brisbane.. Unless it is posible to receive outside queensland aswell digital channels such as prime... win tv and all that these things we dont receive in brisbane.

thanks for the reply here digital./

Linda

xox

You can only receive transmissions from your area, you can't receive them even at 300km away.

You can only receive transmissions from your area, you can't receive them even at 300km away.

Oh i see allright thanks for clearing that up. I was just curiosity about it.

So suppose you cant pickup digital channels from another choosen state when im in brisbane.

No worries thanks for that digital

Linda

xox

With Digital Tv it's not like only analogue where you can only have 1 channel per frequency, Digital allows multiple channels to be sent on the one frequency, now obviously a Set Top Box (STB) needs to be able to display one or another, this is enabled through the broadcaster sending LCN's (Logical Channel Numbers), the way it works is a stations is given all LCN's starting with a particular number, i.e. TEN can use any LCN they want to as long as it starts with 1, same for ABC but has to start with 2, SBS is 3, 7 is 7 and 9 is 9, to extend on this and to prevent confusion for the viewer, the single digital channel is the SD channel, SD being 576i or Standard Definition, a stations HD channel will always use the same number as the SD channel with a 0 added, e.g. 7 = SD, 70 = HD, and then they have a Video Program Guide you can get to by pressing the same number twice and then any other LCN's are for place holder channels that will most of the time show exactly what's on the SD channel, but during a major sporting event or other sort of event, e.g. Olympics, those place holder channels become useful for allowing other camera angles, alternate events, or it can be a mutli channel, e.g. ABC2.

I hope this helps.

ten HD is 12 not 10 which is SD dont know why they wanted to be different. Picking WA on receiver will not get WA programs in brisbane.

Also i wonder where do they actually show the australia scanery? when i was out there looking at plasmas they play channel7digital australia scenery... i havnt seen that yet on my digital channels on my plasma. Unless that is when you get drop out from digital you receive repeats of the australia scenery with music background is this true?

The ~15min high definition scenery loop is shown during business hours on 7HD (LCN 70) when there's no HD programming on. WIN and Southern Cross 10 have much longer loops, i.e. 1 hour plus and air at all times when there's no native HD programming on, however, you probably won't be able to receive WIN and SC10 in Brisbane.

My screen shows australia map all i do is select the state i am to enable to do a digital scan... If i was to choose WA state would i be able to pick up Perth digital television ? Just like how i do to ick up all of them in brisbane since im in brisbane. there seem plenty and plenty multibles and very satisfied with all them..

Nope, you'll only get what your local transmitters are transmitting, i.e. Brisbane stations.

If you have a high definition set-up, I suggest you keep these channels and delete the rest:

2 - ABC SD

3 - SBS SD

7 - Seven SD

12 - Ten HD

20 - ABC HD (You'll need to keep the SD as this service doesn't broadcast 24/7)

21 - ABC2 SD

33 - SBS News

70 - Seven HD (You'll need to keep the SD as this service broadcasts a demo loop during business hours)

90 - Nine HD

Unless you want the guide channels too, which are 11/100, 77 and 99.

Good morning winston

Im still can not fine that australia scenery display on the digital channel someone meantion 9am and then 5pm ch7 digital or ch9 digital.

Its unusual when i end up going to harvery norman store to check the plasmas the ather time they where showing australia scenery display 3rd time and it was around 10ish am when i went to the shop.

Is there a correct time when it may be on today or tomorrow? If its actually on at a random time of the day then its going to be alittle hard to track down this programe.

Reason why i wish to view is to aloud me set up the configurations of the colour and brightness and such by watching this scenery.

Nope we dont receive wintelevion.. we just receive digital broadcast in brisbane.. harvery norman store is only 15minutes away from my home, dont think they can recieve win television and such and i cant.. no differents.

Unless theres a trick role play where they are actually showing this programe recorded onto a dvd disc and make it look like it is actually real live broadcasting on the digital channel.. Because when i was at the shop they where showing the programe and it was 10ish 11ish am brisbane time and i always wonder about that programe.. first thought it was a video tape display programe.. but then it did had the logo on the side saying something 7 HD digital.

----------

I own a samsung 50Q91 model. its not 1080 but its a 768 well close to the high definition. It contains analogue and digital channels. I best to keep all of the stuff i pick on digital. its always interesting to see what they offer.. perhaps there is more fta new channels apearing later in the year if anyone would tell us.

again thanks folks

Linda

xox

Im still can not fine that australia scenery display on the digital channel someone meantion 9am and then 5pm ch7 digital or ch9 digital.

Once again it goes the whole time from 9am to 5pm minus HD programming, so it should be showing now for example

Once again it goes the whole time from 9am to 5pm minus HD programming, so it should be showing now for example

That is what im doing checking at around 9am and all it shows is good morining show on ch7 HD and karrie annie on ch9 HD at 9am

Then just 521pm right now i tune in both channels and it clearly shows channel 7 HD MASH. and channel 9 some antie road show programe. There is no identity of australia scenery at all.

Im very suprise i havnt seen it yet. And only seems to apear when i was at the shop checking out screens at around 10ish am last month.

Even the tv quide on both channels does not identitfy (australia scenery) or how ever the programe is actually call. It sure wouldnt be display at around 10ish am... unless harvery norman recorded to play it constantly on a dvd after.. who nows really.

Linda

xox

The morning show is a high definition programme, that's why the demonstration loop isn't on then, for tomorrow, try around 12:15pm.

Thanks for that so suppose the good morning show at 9am on ch7 which is a new recent show has took over the airways on broadcasting so suppose i will check it out the australia scenery at 12:15pm on ch7 digital HD. lets just hope its there.. It seems alittle messy with the time shedule and exactly when its on and soforth..

It does show all capital cities of australia. love to see adelaide city since i havnt actually notice what the actual city looks like in SA.

This will also help smooth up the colouring and brightness when the programe starts.

So is this programe actually on 7 days a weeek on the same correct time or just random time EST ?

Also is there any news that there is something new comming up on digital such as a special channel been bdoadcast live of some intertainbment live concert or event in australia or just a new channel by a private netowkr ? Its always fun to check out soemthing new.. perhaps its always good to pre-scan the digital just incase a new pop up channel apears now and then.

Linda

xox

Thanks for that so suppose the good morning show at 9am on ch7 which is a new recent show has took over the airways on broadcasting so suppose i will check it out the australia scenery at 12:15pm on ch7 digital HD. lets just hope its there.. It seems alittle messy with the time shedule and exactly when its on and soforth..

It does show all capital cities of australia. love to see adelaide city since i havnt actually notice what the actual city looks like in SA.

This will also help smooth up the colouring and brightness when the programe starts.

So is this programe actually on 7 days a weeek on the same correct time or just random time EST ?

Also is there any news that there is something new comming up on digital such as a special channel been bdoadcast live of some intertainbment live concert or event in australia or just a new channel by a private netowkr ? Its always fun to check out soemthing new.. perhaps its always good to pre-scan the digital just incase a new pop up channel apears now and then.

Linda

xox

It's shown on Seven HD 70 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm, but only when the regular programming on the SD channel is not upconverted to HD.

I could be wrong, but I think the scenery you're talking about is a compilation clip of "The Great Outdoors" program.

Seven's scenery loop is pretty short and doesn't just show Australia, Oz gets only a few minutes. If you wanna check out Australian scenery in HD, I recommend the Southern Cross 10 loop (on LCN 50) which goes for almost two hours and it's all Australian content. Lots of regional centres in Australia are shown on that one as well as the metro cities. WIN's one, around an hour long (on LCN 80) also has a fair bit of Australian content, but it's mixed in with Canadian stuff.

But as I mentioned before, unfortunately, you probably won't be able to get these services in metro Brisbane. These scenery loops are on SC10 and WIN are on at all times when there is no native high definition programming.

Seven's one is on during business hours, when there isn't native high definition programming on.

It's shown on Seven HD 70 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm, but only when the regular programming on the SD channel is not upconverted to HD.

I could be wrong, but I think the scenery you're talking about is a compilation clip of "The Great Outdoors" program.

Not quite sure.. when i went to the Harvey norman store 3 time last month they where showing australia scenery i first thought it was a video tape showing programe.. aparently it had the ch7 HD logo on the side screen or ch9 HD i think and all it was showing is views of the capital cities and terrains of australia by a hellicopter with just music background no audio commentators just smooth music background :) or documentry just only scenery for as long as i rememebr prob 20minutes... S

So i did enjoy watching it and they kept repeating it when i was there.. i was just wondering as i love to watch it because it does help scenerys like that to get a perfect pic from my plasma screen so i can test the colour pattens and brightness and so on. Just to see how good it looks compare to brightness and so on.

thanks aniways.. so its (between) 9am and 5pm ok.... thanks again it will be in a random time within these hours perhaps.. Dont think i can stick around all that hours to see if they will show it. I understand about what you mean the upcaling thing.

take care

Linda

xox

Seven's scenery loop is pretty short and doesn't just show Australia, Oz gets only a few minutes. If you wanna check out Australian scenery in HD, I recommend the Southern Cross 10 loop (on LCN 50) which goes for almost two hours and it's all Australian content. Lots of regional centres in Australia are shown on that one as well as the metro cities. WIN's one, around an hour long (on LCN 80) also has a fair bit of Australian content, but it's mixed in with Canadian stuff.

But as I mentioned before, unfortunately, you probably won't be able to get these services in metro Brisbane. These scenery loops are on SC10 and WIN are on at all times when there is no native high definition programming.

Seven's one is on during business hours, when there isn't native high definition programming on.

Nope uinfortunaly we dont pickup these channels just what brisbane has to offer on digital only. Who nows maybe soon oneday they might let us all see what asutralia is actually watchin win tv and such.

Is there some sort of dvd out there that shows views of all capital cities syd/melb all cities from an hellicopter but just music background with just views. Theres always cities i havnt seen in australia yet specialy adelaide. Since its unusual that australia never pretty much shows real documents of what all capital cities in australia actually looks like. specialy canberra.. is there a city or just loads of bush and politicians under the shade. :)

Thanks aniways guys will just try check out from tiems on CH7 HD. by the way do they actually show the actual name of the programe on the tv guide by any chance ? the australia scenery how ever it may actually be call.

Ok willt ry some where from 10ish am then 12:15pm or so just to be sure.. Looks like they wont have it on the same time everydays.

Thanks

Linda

xox

by the way do they actually show the actual name of the programe on the tv guide by any chance ? the australia scenery how ever it may actually be call.

Nope, the Now And Next information for 70 will always be exactly the same as 7.