I just clicked the 'Like' button................and have now summoned up the energy to actually post a reply!

Geeze.................do I have anything left to get to the fridge for another beer?

Come clean what are you smoking now? :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I continue to see this as a logical argument for why people should have a modern amplifier. Because it has a "remote." I got so bored the other week that I bought a DAC just to resolve this issue to hook an Apple TV3 up to my 50 year old receiver. I'll probably add a smart socket so I can turn it on and off by remote also.

That doesn't resolve the issue, if I want to listen to vinyl (for whatever reason) I still have to get up. Believe in listening to vinyl or otherwise, it's up to you. It's not really that much of an inconvenience for me to have to get up every once in a while in fact the opposite is true.

When I have to get up and change the side on a record I feel more connected to the whole experience of listening to music. I am playing a tactile device that is an instrument in itself. To me its more immersive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy said:

Damm sorry about the accusation :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha!

Don't worry about crap like that!

If you can't take a joke.............you may as well be dead anyway.

I do dream about smoking now and then though............

• Like 2

Laziness?

Ripping my thousand CDs is too much work. And to think that I will have to do extra due diligence to back up the drive, and what I will have to do and feel when the drive fails, and the hassle of upgrading hardware/software to keep up-to-date.....  Nah.

Besides, USB drives are the single biggest source of noise in my environment.

• Like 3

I was absolutely shocked and disappointed that I could and cannot turn off my Creek Evo 2 amp with the remote control, I actually have to get up and press the button like we did back in the 70's, what is with that? Even the new ones can't do it, no wonder this HiFi stuff will never be popular.

Creek.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PositivelyMusicallyGeared said:

Ripping my thousand CDs is too much work.

Very true, I'll put my hand up and say that yes I have downloaded albums that I already have only because it is just easier than ripping and tagging.

5 minutes ago, powerav said:

I was absolutely shocked and disappointed that I could and cannot turn off my Creek Evo 2 amp with the remote control, I actually have to get up and press the button like we did back in the 70's, what is with that? Even the new ones can't do it, no wonder this HiFi stuff will never be popular.

Creek.JPG

:thumb:

IMG_3202.thumb.JPG.6bcf2206c3190f798281a5eb42a5f7dc.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

$10 a month?

That's 5 second hand CDs!

Squeezebox and Ipad or phone does me.

I never did like CDs, having to clean them, CD jitter, and errors, scratches that can ruin an entire disc. I was never really a fan of the medium at all. The other benefit of Spotify is whatever I want to listen to.

My taste and breadth of music that I now listen to as compared to ripped CDs previously is something like a 100fold difference. Now I can look something up if I wonder what it is. Before I had to buy the CD, rip the cd, add it to my library, and then play it.

Edited by Roumelio.

Spotify?

To think that I will have to read the threads about getting connected to NBN/ADSL(*) and have to get out to actually get them, feeling all frustrated along the way..... Nah.

As long as I can get to SNA with my mobile, it's OK. 

Not trying to embarass myself, I have enough of geekiness at work.

3 minutes ago, PositivelyMusicallyGeared said:

Yeah but you already knew those photos, we are still discovering CDs. :)

Ripping CDs is labour. I did that before. :)

I rip everything into my computer.......................but I listen to them first a few times in my van so I know which tracks go onto my playlist.

I both stream and use a CD transport into my DAC...But streaming is just for checking out new music, or for walking around the house doing bits and pieces. Particularly with acoustic music I find streaming unsatisfying, less natural sound.

Edited by goldiver
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Roumelio. said:

Who rips CDs anymore? There is thing called "Spotify" it costs $10 a month. If I'm feeling so lazy I don't want to get up to flip a record over to the other side I just put on Spotify instead.

R.I.P. CD

Thats tooo much for some on a gorified technicians annual salary.   

Id rather go to my local council library....:P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Addicted to music said:

Thats tooo much for some on a gorified technicians annual salary.   

Id rather go to my local council library....:P

Thats good if your local library carries music that you actually like. I've never been able to find any music I like at my local library.

Just now, Addicted to music said:

FM stereo is free...:)

Yes, true, I've been meaning to get a tuner actually. I haven't had a good radio tuner in about 15 years. I've been missing out on Triple J and Radio National when I've been at home and its starting to annoy me.

1 minute ago, Roumelio. said:

Yes, true, I've been meaning to get a tuner actually. I haven't had a good radio tuner in about 15 years. I've been missing out on Triple J and Radio National when I've been at home and its starting to annoy me.

They are available via streaming these days.............

5 minutes ago, Roumelio. said:

Thats good if your local library carries music that you actually like. I've never been able to find any music I like at my local library.

My local is so bad I feel like giving them some donations of discs. They think Saturday Night Live is trendy:)