My System Today

Guest OmegaRed

Hi OmegaRed,

When you project the movie to your screen, will your sitting position some how block it? Cos the level of the projector is almost same height as your sitting area....

Hi media, no. it will not. my sofa is low so no problem.

I just learnt to post pictures, so please bear with the quality.

My hi fi components:

(Top down:, SR 12 amp, Pioneer 525 DVD player, Tosihba XA2, Dared MP5 hyrbid amp, on Sanus Rack)

Rear speakers on 1.6m stands, next to lovely Liea... (there is a remote LED light on the stands I use for background light)

The front view:

Monitor Audio RS 6 fronts for HT, RS 1 for music, LCR centre, on a Ikea Besta rack housing the Panasonic DMR 85EX with a DVB - T tuner. c722's HD STB. and the Pioneer 507XG with Belkin and Xindak power conditioners on it plus the Newstar transformer. The SVS PB 12 plus is sitting in the background.

Behind the plasma TV is my Italian Forrest Gump poster, and the blackout curtains.

Rear wall, my collector's item posters:

My sea of remotes and the speakers:

More posters I just added:

Hi,

Love your setup... Hope got chance to visit your place....

Cheers

Sure bro

pm me and I will let you know of my next demo, maybe in a couple of weeks when I get back from a meeting.

You can help me review the Samsung HT-TXQ120T, currently running in.

Plus give me comments before I write about the clash of the titans:

Pioneer 507 vs Samsung LA40M81 LCD Full HD panel.

PS: I think there are so many nicer systems in the last few posts.... makes mine look modest and insignificant.

Hi,

Love your setup... Hope got chance to visit your place....

Cheers

Thanks, but omegared's Thiels cost more than my entire rack of stuff, I reckon :)

kzone's room is so clean, and a few pages back a bro has these stylo satellites (? Cabasse?) and a recessed panel. (BTW saw a leather absorption board in today's Sunday Times)

there are so many designer rooms in this thread, those cost a lot to design. I built my room myself, no style la, just purely for hi fi :D

eg pst, etanel, suwen (stupendous cost I reckon), mel's super recliner chairs, desray's setup and so on

I spent the past two years dreaming of the items I wanted to assemble for this room, and how to get them at an affordable price too

I am the cheapo discount king :)

Biggest purchase was the SR 12 -literally! (took me 10 min to decide, as I had the same series before though)

Ikea As IS items ; my console Besta, Expedit racks, CD racks, all display items.

Pioneer is a display unit

my Monitor Audio's are bought cheap off a friend

I hand carried the XA2 and got the power conditioners at half price or less from HKG and USA

The Panasonic recorder is the cheapest price I got from a friend working in a store in Sydney, my Sangean radio was a offer item - 1/3 the price in SG

Quest helped me get my SVS thru an MO and I got my Missions cheapo too (like your Missions a lot)

Only thing I paid retail was my Pioneer DVD player :)

Also got the posters cheap (eg the Star Wars ones I queued at Universal Studios on the 2nd day of showing in Los Angeles to get them, the original 1977 was a bargain too)

Dared amp was off the internet

Cables, well a lot I got at warehouse sales, or from a friend's shop in Jln Besar Plaza and some are 2nd hand too. Ebay, monoprice and other online shops helped too.

Anyway, happy to show you my messy room, had three gatherings at my place in the past month :)

Woah..and I must say your is one of the most impressive I've seen Pete.

Are you asking me?

No, its a dedicated sound room :)

Is that your bedroom also?

I've been finding it hard for placement of display and speakers due to my small room.

looks like i have to crack my head and go with the best possible combination.

Guest OmegaRed

Hmm, I'll take a shot at this...JM Labs and Velodyne sub ?  ;D

yes :) chorus 800v series and velodyne CHT-10R.

after seeing so many beautiful setups, i got 1 question: How you guys manage all the wires/cables? My wife have been complaining about the amount of cables at the TV area. Amp to speakers already 7 set, DVD, PS-3, HD-DVD, X-box etc. headache man.

Get a hi fi room and keep the spagetti to the back of the console :)

Speaking of consoles, there is an IKEA sale on now, a console which looks likes bro jeffong's was being offered for <70$. A good deal considering it has 5 wheels, including one in the centre.

after seeing so many beautiful setups, i got 1 question: How you guys manage all the wires/cables? My wife have been complaining about the amount of cables at the TV area. Amp to speakers already 7 set, DVD, PS-3, HD-DVD, X-box etc. headache man.

Hide cables behind the cabinet.  :)

• 2 weeks later...