35 minutes ago, rand129678 said:

I might know someone 😄

Congrats on these epic additions. Wow

Your assistance is required. Perhaps another sweep of the room with these creatures present. 😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Easter break is here, and it's the perfect opportunity to take these BEASTs out on a trail! I've got them in an unoptimized position, and also uncalibrate, they sound very natural. They produce a great thumping sound that's hard to ignore. I also noticed that the vocal tracks are just fantastic and will keep you glued to your seat.

IMG_2509.thumb.jpeg.ca416bbee94223423af77451b991dfd8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

5 minutes ago, AccuMagi said:

The Easter break is here, and it's the perfect opportunity to take these BEASTs out on a trail! I've got them in an unoptimized position, and also uncalibrate, they sound very natural. They produce a great thumping sound that's hard to ignore. I also noticed that the vocal tracks are just fantastic and will keep you glued to your seat.

IMG_2509.thumb.jpeg.ca416bbee94223423af77451b991dfd8.jpeg

What amp are you using Chanh?

• Like 1

Wow Chanh. I missed this thread until now.

Well done to take the plunge into horns.

I looked at the ad myself but realised they would need a much bigger room than mine to be at their best.

They certainly dwarf the Magicos. I get weekly reminders from the missus about how big my S5s are but the Line Magnetics are HUGE.

I reckon some Accuphase Class As would suit them as well. Maybe Tasso could drop his over for a quick listen. 😆😅

What are your thoughts about the differences between the S5s and the horns?

Posted (edited)
On 28/3/2024 at 5:36 PM, a.dent said:

Wow Chanh. I missed this thread until now.

Well done to take the plunge into horns.

I looked at the ad myself but realised they would need a much bigger room than mine to be at their best.

They certainly dwarf the Magicos. I get weekly reminders from the missus about how big my S5s are but the Line Magnetics are HUGE.

I reckon some Accuphase Class As would suit them as well. Maybe Tasso could drop his over for a quick listen. 😆😅

What are your thoughts about the differences between the S5s and the horns?

Hi Andrew,  

I hope everything is going well for you and that your journey with accuphase has been very satisfying. You are absolutely right - these speakers are huge and will not fit in a typical room. I love the sound of large horn setups, but unfortunately, they have always been out of my price range. I enjoy the powerful soundstage these speakers project, surpassing the capabilities of the S5s in this room, with exceptional depth and scale. 

While S5s have an edge over pinpoint imaging, it's important to note that they are simply different flavours of sound. It ultimately comes down to personal preference.

Chanh

Edited by AccuMagi
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, brodricj said:

You will never truly be satisfied until you own M7.

I looked into the M7s, but at $750,000.00 asking price, I'd have to sell an investment property and all my organs. 😩

IMG_2514.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brodricj said:

Yeah, but A2A offer free delivery on those speakers

Guess  the OP prefers to live in his new home...not inside M7s, just my 2c of wisdom.

• Like 2

Wow Chanh, they look quite incredible and for you to say they outperform the S5's is quite the turn of events. - Two questions, will you have to choose between them and sell on one pair? Which do you reckon if so?

OK three questions : Do you find having the massive cabs and horns located between the S5's has a deleterious effect on the sound of the poor, marginalised, bullied and suddenly unfashionable Magico's 🥲

26 minutes ago, Grimmie said:

Two questions, will you have to choose between them and sell on one pair? Which do you reckon if so?

He's gonna sell both and order M7's. I see it in the stars, that free delivery offer is too good to pass on.

3 hours ago, brodricj said:

He's gonna sell both and order M7's. I see it in the stars, that free delivery offer is too good to pass on.

Aha ,  or the M5s will buy some Tube Amps instead...

Sure keen to watch Chanhs yourney progress.

Just learned how to upload to YouTube 😥, vid may or may not be applicable for non bass horns but let’s see.

• Like 2

Happy Sunday to all! 

IMG_2523.thumb.jpeg.aab3c450305a27cd8b81e38d4859f5da.jpeg

4 hours ago, Grimmie said:

Wow Chanh, they look quite incredible and for you to say they outperform the S5's is quite the turn of events. - Two questions, will you have to choose between them and sell on one pair? Which do you reckon if so?

OK three questions : Do you find having the massive cabs and horns located between the S5's has a deleterious effect on the sound of the poor, marginalised, bullied and suddenly unfashionable Magico's 🥲

Hello Ged….! 

I cannot wait to unleash the full potential of my horn speakers! Although they are not yet in their optimal positions, I can already feel the magic in their sound. However, moving them to find the perfect spot did leave me with a light injury to my spine, but it's worth it! The good news is that there are already talks about upgrading them with duelund silver caps and field coils compression drivers for mid and treble, which will take their performance to the next level. Still, I am keeping the S5s! They are unbeatable in terms of sonic performance versus cost, and any sonic improvement from them would cost 20 times more than their original price. With the recent price hike in audio gear, this is a no-brainer decision. 

I have to admit, Brodric, that although it may have seemed silly to spend $750k on a pair of speakers, it was definitely not worth compromising my marriage and family over. If I were to purchase M7s, it would mean starting over with a new family, and I might even keep one M7 if I face a nicer judge. 😁

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, AccuMagi said:

...I am keeping the S5s! They are unbeatable in terms of sonic performance versus cost...

S5Mk3 going to be announced in the next week. I've got a hunch they are going to be well north of $100K in MCoat. I heard your S5 when Tasso owned them. It's a lot of performance for the current market used price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AccuMagi said:

Happy Sunday to all! 

IMG_2523.thumb.jpeg.aab3c450305a27cd8b81e38d4859f5da.jpeg

Hello Ged….! 

I cannot wait to unleash the full potential of my horn speakers! Although they are not yet in their optimal positions, I can already feel the magic in their sound. However, moving them to find the perfect spot did leave me with a light injury to my spine, but it's worth it! The good news is that there are already talks about upgrading them with duelund silver caps and field coils compression drivers for mid and treble, which will take their performance to the next level. Still, I am keeping the S5s! They are unbeatable in terms of sonic performance versus cost, and any sonic improvement from them would cost 20 times more than their original price. With the recent price hike in audio gear, this is a no-brainer decision. 

I have to admit, Brodric, that although it may have seemed silly to spend $750k on a pair of speakers, it was definitely not worth compromising my marriage and family over. If I were to purchase M7s, it would mean starting over with a new family, and I might even keep one M7 if I face a nicer judge. 😁

The $40K's worth of titanium screwed into my vertebrae is advising me to not volunteer to come and help with the re-location though I will happily be first in line to appraise their performance once optimally situated, - consider me there!

Just today went to the Makers Market in Applecross and had a good sample of the Whipper Snapper whiskey range, very, very smooth. Once again though your tastes proove to be in a price bracket above mine at $250 a bottle I said thanks and moved on. 🤑

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Grimmie said:

The $40K's worth of titanium screwed into my vertebrae is advising me to not volunteer to come and help with the re-location

Connor McGregor has the indestructible titanium shin bone. An indestructible titanium neck bone is no excuse for skipping a re-location work party.

12 hours ago, La scala said:

Just learned how to upload to YouTube

No you haven't. 😉

If you are posting music, instead of 480p resolution, post it in 4k.

On uTube, audio quality goes up in unison with video resolution, so in order for audio to be even half decent, you have to post 4k videos.

6 hours ago, rockeater said:

No you haven't. 😉

If you are posting music, instead of 480p resolution, post it in 4k.

On uTube, audio quality goes up in unison with video resolution, so in order for audio to be even half decent, you have to post 4k videos.

It's interesting that you mention, Roman. Most of my YouTube videos were captured half-decent. I have always thought that the sound doesn't need much data; it's the video that does.

Unfortunately, all my YouTube videos were only captured in 360p, including the one below. Perhaps I should hurry up and configure my equipment properly to capture and upload in 4K?

• Like 2

The one above is done with full HD - 1920 x 1080 and it sounds pretty good.

But it of course also depends what equipment it is being played on.

My computer setup is all pro-audio stuff.

tc-emelctronics 24-96 DAC and Tannoy 6D near field monitors plus Tannoy 12" sub.

But it ain't horns and Accuphase amps you have...

image.png.a0c2ef954aa057021ef492525a8c1e36.png

This on

On 31/3/2024 at 2:01 PM, brodricj said:

S5Mk3 going to be announced in the next week. I've got a hunch they are going to be well north of $100K in MCoat. I heard your S5 when Tasso owned them. It's a lot of performance for the current market used price.

@brodricj They look beautiful hey! 

IMG_2527.jpeg.a89ba8759c7c7b379d6b02654aebacb3.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2529.jpeg

• Like 1