CELESTION DITTON 66 SERIES 2

hi everyone i just found those speakers in garage and want to know how much they worth 
they are in o.k condition speakers alright 

anyone interested to buy them blacktown sydney area
1484382634916-964398457.jpg

Just read basically an advert for sale in the U.K. which said in 9 out of 10 condition $1400 plus pounds. Of course it's an ad for sale si could be B.S.
Probably best you connect em up and give em a burl. Apparently the tweeters are pretty easy to blow and cost a fortune to get genuine replacement's. Best of Luck.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

its definately heaps more than $500/700 reason is only the wood work on it worth $1200 i asked a pro wood expert he said the marble oak not anymore can find more than 50/60mm in kne piece and this speaker cabinet complete from one piece of wood so 

secondly tweeters i found replacement from ebay $33 top bit i can fix it bymyself and i will 

dead condition people ready to pay $1000 i research they extremely rare  so o dont know just need to sell also have luxman sq 507x amplifier american market they going for $1300 us dollars what you guys think its kn good condition 

Seems like you've already done your research so why not just list the amp and speakers at what you'd like for them and see what the market says. It's the only way to really know what they're worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Seems like you've already done your research so why not just list the amp and speakers at what you'd like for them and see what the market says. It's the only way to really know what they're worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree,have a leap of faith and test the market.

3 hours ago, technicianturk said:

its definately heaps more than $500/700 reason is only the wood work on it worth $1200 i asked a pro wood expert he said the marble oak not anymore can find more than 50/60mm in kne piece and this speaker cabinet complete from one piece of wood so 

secondly tweeters i found replacement from ebay $33 top bit i can fix it bymyself and i will 

dead condition people ready to pay $1000 i research they extremely rare  so o dont know just need to sell also have luxman sq 507x amplifier american market they going for $1300 us dollars what you guys think its kn good condition 

I think your pro wood expert would have been able to differentiate between European walnut which is what the veneer used on these speakers is and "marble oak". The water mark on the top may be able to be worked out but both speakers would need to be done in order to match. For a 30 year old speaker, good luck with the $1300US price. They used to sell for about $2200 new.

3 hours ago, technicianturk said:

its definately heaps more than $500/700 reason is only the wood work on it worth $1200 i asked a pro wood expert he said the marble oak not anymore can find more than 50/60mm in kne piece and this speaker cabinet complete from one piece of wood

Does your pro wood expert know that the cabinets are most likely veneered chipboard, or veneered MDF? 

I have seen Celestion Ditton 551s  sell for around $500  and they are pretty similar speakers.

They probably sound quite good [the 551 are excellent] but would need crossover refurbishment and the cabinets in what looks like bog standard rotary sliced walnut look like they need refurbishment too.

I think AL Ms valuation is about right.

Edited by THOMO

17 hours ago, technicianturk said:

You appear to be an expert on them already so it is a bit strange you are requesting advice and guidance..

By the way do you have any jousting sticks you want to sell ?

yes firstly thanks for all replies

yes because its really hard to find out

series 2 in rare category on top 5 and so far havent see any sample in australia

i m planning to restore whole unit 

refinish wood and tweeters 

tweeters i am electronjc trchnician as soon as i found the diagramphs not an issue and i found on ebay from france around 22$ pair 

so i just wanna sell as is now i ll be happy to sell for around $1000 and i am very sure its bargain who really aftrr these speakers but really i like this forum quick responses and quality people here thanks guys and my name is kemal turkish bacground nice to meet you all!!!