Celestion ditton

Depending on the Celestion Ditton model I would rewire them with some of the Sonic Art wire and get the crossover components checked out. Check out the internal damping materials...replace with better quality if needed.Which model do you have......classic speakers.

I’ve heard a few pairs, apart from the rubber surrounds the drivers are generally bulletproof, unless physically trashed! If the cross overs are untouched they will have wondered off spec. Replacing like for like will cost what ever you want to spend depending on ‘’quality’’

I did the bare minimum but had bi-pass caps added, to my old ears it’s hard to comment on improvement unless I can A/B test, all I know they are now how they came from the factory and great speakers.

https://www.stereonet.com/forums/topic/334689-celestion-ditton-44s/#comment-4683369

My cousin has a pair of 44’s as well and went the full Monty on all new caps, recons it increased the range and seperation 10 fold. I have not heard them since the upgrade, plane trip away.