Turntable feet suggestions

Guest jakeyb77

Guest jakeyb77

Hi all. About to rebuild a TD160 and would like some suggestions and links to great feet. You know them shiny pointy ones. And can someone tell me do they need to screw in like speaker feet and if so what's the best way?

Any help if be grateful. Cheers Jake

i put a lot of effort into trying to isolate my Pink Triangle, also sitting on a wooden rack and a wooden floor. What I found that worked the best in the end was replacing the baseplate of the turntable plinth with end-grain balsa and then sitting that onto a fairly heavy wooden board and then sitting that on a partially inflated BMX bike wheel inner tube. This had the advantage of coupling the plinth to the heavy board - increasing the mass and improving the bass weight, but also adding a second level of decoupling with the inner tube. YMMV but it's fun to play around with these things

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

I appreciate the suggestion but preferring to make more of an appealing look to the TT. Spikes are my chosen weapon.

Got something you prefer?? Care to give me a link?

Sorry  man I looked for them big spikes for a long time too the ones available are only from the States in my rudimentary research.

Those are exxy due to the shipping (and the downhill exchange rate now) :(

I managed to snap some on eBay locally once though. Currently doing the duties under my speakers at work.

post-123585-0-35856100-1462490328_thumb.

Guest jakeyb77

Have them on the Selby website:

http://www.selby.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=Spikes

I'm using them under my Lenco in a similar situation to yours, heavy TT on a wooden rack on floorboards but house is on a slab.

Aaaaah awesome @@shaky I have used Selby before and they are great. Quick to send/respond etc.

May I ask how have you attached them to the base? The TT in the pic is my current. The new TD160 has a much heavier timber base and bottom plate.

@@JakeyB a bit hard to explain but I'll try....

I used three sets of two spikes with one spike above and one below an MDF and aluminium platform my TT sits on. Used the threaded rod that came with them and bolted through platform. This way my TT base rests on spikes as well as the whole lot resting on spikes on my rack. (You'd think I may have a photo of this but......... :emot-bang: ).

You could get T nuts and insert in base of your TT if only mounting the traditional way.

Guest jakeyb77

Awesome. I will place some sorbothane between the top of spike and the base of TT. Holes already drilled in base plate for existing rubber legs. Will just remove and bore out more if necessary and screw these in. Thanks for the link @@shaky. Champion. And good looking idea @@davidro

Guest jakeyb77

Hmmm they look good also. Maybe an option for my TT above. Haven't decided what to do with that one.

Guest jakeyb77

Surely your Thorens don't need all that isolation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we really need any of this stuff? Lol