Darren69's stuff, to date.

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Didn't get a bloody single bite.

I thought on reading -  it just  confirmed what I suspected after selling the Lenehans ; you were a sick puppy ! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, evil c said:

I thought on reading -  it just  confirmed what I suspected after selling the Lenehans ; you were a sick puppy ! ?

Takes one to know one (in public school student voice).

You still haven't visited Che Daz to conglomerate the sickness.

Too much for accompanying partners? :D

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Takes one to know one (in public school student voice).

You still haven't visited Che Daz to conglomerate the sickness.

Too much for accompanying partners? :D

Fair cop , upgraditis has been my middle name last few years! ?

Always been keen to visit your abode, just the anticipated glare on notifying spouse of domestic duty abandonment - has delayed me.

But testing the strength of relationships has a lot going for it! ?

Damn visiting North, (Palm Cove), of you in just over a month with the missus too !!

I will take your invite up eventually. 

• Love 1

On 23/07/2019 at 7:37 AM, Darren69 said:

It's been an epic saga, I ordered the amp, then @ehtcom got really crook, then he got better, then I hammered him for completion, then he got it to bloody TNT who sent it off to bloody Darwin. :D

Waiting for it to get back to Earle who will check and resend. Mine has the polished transformers, oak plinth I think etc, will look fantastic I reckon.

Any ETA on this yet, will you receive it this week?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mikey d said:

Well? Been waiting for an update. Surely someone has been knee-capped by now :)

Amp is now in Grafton

...Grafton in Worcestershire , he may go to collect in person only because he is also low on sauce.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, agentorange2 said:

Amp is now in Grafton

...Grafton in Worcestershire , he may go to collect in person only because he is also low on sauce.

LOL, I dunno where it is and there's no one telling me either, have given up. Never again.

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

LOL, I dunno where it is and there's no one telling me either, have given up. Never again.

Jeezus Dazza , walk under a ladder and break a mirror ? ?

Crikey, talk about a protracted saga!

Just go out and buy a Conrad Johnson tube amp, pipe and slippers - must be close enough an image for you !

Or get a McIntosh,  gorgeous looking amps ! ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, evil c said:

Jeezus Dazza , walk under a ladder and break a mirror ? ?

Crikey, talk about a protracted saga!

Just go out and buy a Conrad Johnson tube amp, pipe and slippers - must be close enough an image for you !

Or get a McIntosh,  gorgeous looking amps ! ?

Yeah, some big Macs could be the go mate, they go well with JBL allegedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikey d said:

That's totally fcuked up man

I mentioned it in another thread and was advised to be patient and it will be worth the wait, I thought, yeah if I sold something, didn't talk to anyone after funds were transferred and maybe sent the item 6 to 12 months later, or maybe not, I think I know what would happen to me :D 

Only in Audiophile land.

• Like 2

Guest DarkNark
2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

I mentioned it in another thread and was advised to be patient and it will be worth the wait.......

Having just endured a 9 month saga with another Australian "boutique" amp builder I certainly feel your pain. Shocking customer service and the lack of communication is inexcusable IMO. They may be amp building guru's but they seemingly don't have a good business bone in their body. Taking deposits for amps that they do not intend to build because of a backlog they have, is very poor form. When my amp arrived it wasn't even square! Ridiculous standard of workmanship. and certainly not up to par with the price I paid.

Daz, I really do hope that it is worth the wait. Unfortunately the longer you wait the more chance your attitude towards the amp will become tainted before you have even heard it, which is a bit of a shame. Chin up mate! Hopefully it's just around the corner now, 

Edited by DarkNark

50 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I mentioned it in another thread and was advised to be patient and it will be worth the wait, I thought, yeah if I sold something, didn't talk to anyone after funds were transferred and maybe sent the item 6 to 12 months later, or maybe not, I think I know what would happen to me :D 

Only in Audiophile land.

100%.

If this was my situation I would be pursuing legal action.

A reputation is only valid when there is consistency in quality of service and customer communication. If not then it is merely an historical myth based on the opinions of those with rose tinted spectacles.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DarkNark said:

Having just endured a 9 month saga with another Australian "boutique" amp builder I certainly feel your pain. Shocking customer service and the lack of communication is inexcusable IMO. They maybe amp building guru's but they seemingly don't have a good business bone in their body. Taking deposits for amps that they do not intend to build because of a backlog they have, is very poor form. When my amp arrived it wasn't even square! Ridiculous standard of workmanship. and certainly not up to par with the price I paid.

Daz, I really do hope that it is worth the wait. Unfortunately the longer you wait the more chance your attitude towards the amp will become tainted before you have even heard it, which is a bit of a shame. Chin up mate! Hopefully it's just around the corner now, 

I also have full PS Vane glassware waiting for it so yes, you are dead right, all I think about now is how I should have gone for a red hot deal on an Auris II Pre, balanced version and all, so now that's what I want but I have around 4k tied up in a ghost pre. It would be a huge hit for me to shift stuff on now and I am a bit over taking hits in hi fi land.

I guess I could sell it on with the full experience- no comms, 12 to 18 month wait... :D 

The one problem with a lot of these guys is the lack of comms. I work in project management and communication with key stakeholders is the thing you learn at the very beginning. There is nothing without it, it will make or break you. If it doesn't exist, everything just snowballs into a place that is nowhere good. Am sure these guys and girls know this by now but simply don't care.

I ordered my Ayon Stratos, it had to be made in Austria an shipped,  had it in my room in a box four weeks later.

I might still get the pre, kit it out with Reflektors etc. I really believe I have done my money because if it had been sent to the wrong address, the manufacturer would have tested and sent on like he said he would, but I haven't seen anything so I imagine that was just stall tactics so yeah, that's it I imagine.

@rantan Fair Trading are there to make you feel worse, solicitors are there to make you poorer. :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Fair Trading are there to make you feel worse, solicitors are there to make you poorer

..No doubt and this is what less-than-ethical businesses rely upon. I still think it is worth a letter of demand and some conversations with fair trading and/ or a small claims action.

• Like 2