Perth meet up interest check

Hey, Martin

There are GTGs in Perth but not as frequently as in Melbourne or Adelaide, it seems.

The one we had last weekend was not posted in this section as it grew from a thread in the digital/computer audio section. There are plenty of members here in Perth. Keep an eye out for events or, perhaps, start an invite thread with a proposed date?

Ah cool, thanks for letting me know. Please could you provide a link to the thread where its all happening? (Bit new here so not explored the forum fully yet).

I'm really interested to hear some other people's gear as I've never really had anything to benchamrk (for want of a better word) mine against and it would be good to meet some new people.

Hmm, as i wouldnt be hosting (1st time round anyway, i dont know the etiquette) I'm not too worried about distances lol.

Ah cool, thanks for letting me know. Please could you provide a link to the thread where its all happening? (Bit new here so not explored the forum fully yet).

I'm really interested to hear some other people's gear as I've never really had anything to benchamrk (for want of a better word) mine against and it would be good to meet some new people.

Hmm, as i wouldnt be hosting (1st time round anyway, i dont know the etiquette) I'm not too worried about distances lol.

Seconded - I would love to get a chance to listen to some other systems...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Yes, we need more GTGs in Perth and I'm trying to address that :) .  I hosted the Server/Streamer GTG  9 days ago at my place in City Beach.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/78041-music-servers-streamers-sq-comparisons/

Several guys that expressed interest couldn't make it on the day so we might have a 2nd one.  Apart from that, I'm very keen to host a DAC comparison GTG in the near future.  You are most welcome to join.  I'll keep you informed.

Cheers,

JD

Hi guys,

Yes, we need more GTGs in Perth and I'm trying to address that :) .  I hosted the Server/Streamer GTG  9 days ago at my place in City Beach.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/78041-music-servers-streamers-sq-comparisons/

Several guys that expressed interest couldn't make it on the day so we might have a 2nd one.  Apart from that, I'm very keen to host a DAC comparison GTG in the near future.  You are most welcome to join.  I'll keep you informed.

Cheers,

JD

That'd be fantastic JD. I don't know if it would fit in the scope of the comparison, but I bet I've got dac a little different to anyone else's here (read different, not better). Perhaps I could bring it along of everything works out? (Needs RCA connections and I've only used usb with it before, also a volume control of some sort).

Link if you're interested:

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/dac-s-headphone-amplifiers/614-longdog-audio-vdt1-dac.html

That'd be fantastic JD. I don't know if it would fit in the scope of the comparison, but I bet I've got dac a little different to anyone else's here (read different, not better). Perhaps I could bring it along of everything works out? (Needs RCA connections and I've only used usb with it before, also a volume control of some sort).

Link if you're interested:

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/dac-s-headphone-amplifiers/614-longdog-audio-vdt1-dac.html

ABSOLUTELY.  Last GTG was amazing in terms of the components, cables etc people brought or even sent just to help. People who couldn't attend, made the effort to send their components :).  Great bunch of people. Just hearing different components was the common interest; no silly bias and everyone was very patient when set-ups took much longer than planned.  That's why DACs and servers need separate events  ;)

I've head a browse and saw people offering to post - very kind - and trusting!

My dac needs Amanero drivers installing on windows and northing on a mac (apparently) so nothing too rigourous (famous last words eh?). I'll subscribe to the thread to keep up to date with proceedings. I can probably bring a music first audio passive pre amp if you'd be interested as well? Nice match in my system.

• 2 weeks later...

I am raising my hand if there is a DAC shoot out planned. I can bring a serious application of ES9018 with DSD support and 32bit digital volume control.

realysm42, I would love to listen to your DAC. I own a modified DCX and DEQ and have always liked the sound of AKM chips.  

OK, let's have a DAC shoot-out at my place. I can add the following DACs to our list:

NAD M51

Auralic Vega

Meitner MA-1

I just received the MA-1 a couple of days ago so just need a couple of weeks of burn-in. Guess I should start getting organised  :)

JD

• Like 1

Very kind of you JD.

I also received my DAC only a few days ago so I may need to play some radio through it for the next few days.

So far we have:

Longdog Audio VDt1

HQAudio Reference

NAD M51

Auralic Vega

Meitner MA-1

I would love to bring DEQ2496 by Lampizator as well but it did not travel with me from Europe and I doubt I can get it sent here any time soon. It would be a great comparison for a tube output stage of Longdog.

Marek

• Like 1

Very kind of you JD.

I also received my DAC only a few days ago so I may need to play some radio through it for the next few days.

So far we have:

Longdog Audio VDt1

HQAudio Reference

NAD M51

Auralic Vega

Meitner MA-1

I would love to bring DEQ2496 by Lampizator as well but it did not travel with me from Europe and I doubt I can get it sent here any time soon. It would be a great comparison for a tube output stage of Longdog.

Marek

Hmmm my guess is your polish?

I'm in.

After missing the server GTG I'm determined to make this one.

I can add my Vitus SACD player/DAC if we need more DACs in the mix.

Any thoughts on date/s

Andrew

Prefer daytime. I'm not personally fussed about which day but imagine work days and the Anzac weekend would be bad for other people...

...how about Sat 2nd May; around lunchtime?

Hmmm my guess is your polish?

I am indeed. I hope it doesn't make my hearing better or worse ;)

Prefer daytime. I'm not personally fussed about which day but imagine work days and the Anzac weekend would be bad for other people...

...how about Sat 2nd May; around lunchtime?

Oh noooo...that weekend and the next one I'm at the wedding...

Edited by baMarek

Guest myrantz

Yep... I doubt GTG is good enough reason to miss it :)

It actually is, but probably not a good idea to do so.. :D A wedding reception is more about the family and relatives and less about you and your significant other.. IMO anyway.. Congrats on tying the knot!!  :thumb: 

Where and when is this GTG? I don't have a DAC to bring at this stage unfortunately - at various stages of completion.. I'd bring some snacks I guess?

• Like 1

Guest BobbyD

I would love to come along if the eventual timing is favourable.

If you need another DAC, I am happy to bring along my little baby to add some valve flavour.

Happy to bring snacks and or Vino :hiccup:party

Where and when is this GTG? I don't have a DAC to bring at this stage unfortunately - at various stages of completion.. I'd bring some snacks I guess?

The "where" is easy; City Beach (North end).

As for "when", let the (difficult) process begin. Could people interested please suggest which days would suit them or which days are a no go.

Cheers