Perth meet up interest check

Thanks Myrantz. My better half has been very relaxed about my audio toys so far and I do not want to test her patience :)

Regarding dates, I am not available between 1st-10th May. Any other date is fine with me. 

I'm happy to work in with any date except for the better half's bday weekend 9-10th May.

I can bring along a Schitt Bifrost if it's of interest?

I guess it would be good to have something in this price category. Especially that it's a different chipset too.

JD, what else do we need to bring? Do you have a decent source that does not take long to configure? What about some reference recordings? On my last GTG the host wanted to play only Acca Dacca which obviously even in remastered version sounded similar on all devices :-)

Guest BobbyD

I guess it would be good to have something in this price category. Especially that it's a different chipset too.

JD, what else do we need to bring? Do you have a decent source that does not take long to configure? What about some reference recordings? On my last GTG the host wanted to play only Acca Dacca which obviously even in remastered version sounded similar on all devices :-)

As a good reference CD I can recommend this rare Burmester CD III Demo Disc.

It covers many genres and really tests all aspects of any system.

Track listing:

1. Melissa Walker: A Time for Love  4:47

2. Nicolo Paganini: Sonata Concertata 7:44

3. John Lee Hooker: Early one Morning 4:02

4. Bennie Wallace: It's the Talk of the Town 6:20

5. Gioacchino Rossini: Sonata I G-Dur 7:07

6. Hans Theessink: The Planet   4:50

7. Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov: Allegro Molto 11:32

8. Hans Jürgen Schnoor: Orgelwerke von Bach 1:25

9. Hugh Masekela: Stimela    10:05

10. Yim Hok-Man: Poem of Chinese Drums 10:02

I think we can agree on something between AC/DC and opera :) 

I have an Auralic Aries streamer that we can use as the source. It is very versatile re input/output types. Mostly, I use a USB-attached SSD for the library. If bringing music files, ideally bring them on a USB3 device in a Mac-compatible format. We can copy to my SSD via my MacBookPro.

DAC digital inputs:  I have USB and AES cables covered. Please bring a decent digital coax cable if needed for your DAC.

DAC analog outputs:  I have XLRs covered.  Please bring a pair of decent RCA analog cables if needed for your DAC.

As a good reference CD I can recommend this rare Burmester CD III Demo Disc.

It covers many genres and really tests all aspects of any system.

The Aries plays most formats but not physical disks  ;) .  Can easily rip a CD to FLAC. I can do it here on my MBP if needed.

Guest myrantz

If this goes ahead in can bring along the Audiocentric and depending on the timing my newley returned transport from master of all things TDA1541a - Zenelectro!

I can also bring Kajak12 and promise to keep him in on a leash.

With I2S?

I'd love to go to a GTG and meet some of the WA guys.

Sadly, this time:

- Don't have anything to offer other than food and/or drinks

- Will be the weekend of the 16th in Germany.

Still, be nice to see some pics when it happens!

Alberto

Edited by betocool

Guest myrantz

Me 4 ... (but I don't have anything to bring to the table except nibbles).. If there's somebody else with a quality DAC to show I can give up my place for him...

If you're in Munich I would love pics from u.. :D

I guess you mean Munich... I'm not that good looking (but thanks).

I'll be in Monchengladbach, Jena, Berlin and Amsterdam. And no, I'll not bring any presents from Amsterdam.

Alberto

Guest myrantz

I guess you mean Munich... I'm not that good looking (but thanks).

I'll be in Monchengladbach, Jena, Berlin and Amsterdam. And no, I'll not bring any presents from Amsterdam.

Alberto

Why not go there? IIRC the Hifi show is held on that very weekend.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just confirming that the DAC shoot-out/GTG is still on...at my place (City Beach) on Sat 16th May, 1pm 

Guess I should start a new thread for it ...under the DAC section, I suppose.

So far we have:

baMarek

SETSergio

funky

myrantz

kajak12

a.dent

caminperth

Looking forward to it  :)  Glad to see the names of some people that missed out on the server GTG. Wondering about the guy that started this thread; realysm42, can you make it?

• Like 1