The Fresh Prince

Guest The Fresh Prince

Guest The Fresh Prince

Hi Ted

Re the acoustic treatment how did you figure out what to put where? Was there some sort of skill involved or was it trial and error?

And where did you get the RPG stuff from?

I had professional advice, and read Floyd Toole's book.

The RPG products were from GSM acoustics.

Prince

those BAD panels look interesting, and possible.

the Vicoustic panels look amazing, but I suspect are impossible.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing progress.  I need some dialogue diffusion at home - the system loses dialogue decibels when someone is in the kitchen behind the listening position.

Very interesting options there Prince.

Benje

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Fresh Prince

A snazzy little light for my TT, and a couple of shots of the DG58 doing its thing.

post-109630-0-92927000-1428185727_thumb.

post-109630-0-03462300-1428185814_thumb.post-109630-0-95834300-1428185855_thumb.post-109630-0-94826100-1428185878_thumb.post-109630-0-73531600-1428186758_thumb.

Edited by The Fresh Prince

Guest The Fresh Prince

Hi Ted

That curve on the DG58, is that the original room response? Or is that after correction? Or?

It is the curve using the DG58's "smooth" setting. It basically smooths out any peaks or troughs without doing anything too crazy. It is a pretty mind-boggling device, I am not really using all of its features.

I would give up the wife for a room and system like this..............if I had one that is :lol:

That Accuphase gear is lovely :love

It is the curve using the DG58's "smooth" setting. It basically smooths out any peaks or troughs without doing anything too crazy. It is a pretty mind-boggling device, I am not really using all of its features.

Is it worth the dollars and complication? Is it easy to turn the correction on and off so you can compare what it's doing? Very little information on this beast and its operation anywhere - or at least not in English. Anything you can add is valuable.

Guest The Fresh Prince

Is it worth the dollars and complication? Is it easy to turn the correction on and off so you can compare what it's doing? Very little information on this beast and its operation anywhere - or at least not in English. Anything you can add is valuable.

As always, the question of "dollars" is all relative. In my book, it is a very expensive piece of kit. I think it was about $11k, from memory, but I could be wrong.

There are much cheaper Eq devices out there, but I wanted a user friendly piece that matches the rest of the system. Those were my top 2 priorities.

The DG58 is just so easy to use, and the manual is great. The Eq can be switched on and off from the remote, as can a whole load of different curves. The screen is touch sensitive and one can draw their own curve, freehand, if so desired.

Once one gets over the, inevitable, added complication one appreciates that the system just sounds better, with it in the chain. I think there is quite a detailed pdf available on the Accuphase site.

With the display off I forget it is there.

I love it!

Guest The Fresh Prince

I would give up the wife for a room and system like this..............if I had one that is :lol:

That Accuphase gear is lovely :love

Thankfully, managed to hang on to the family!

Guest The Fresh Prince

Fresh Prince

Do you have the DG58 in the tape loop so you can have it in and out of the signal, or connected between pre and power?

I use my Deqx in the tape loop and is a godsend for attenuating bass boom

Cheers

I have it inserted between pre and power.

I had some boom/mode issues in the old room which I corrected with the PARC.

The new room doesn't have any significant bass issues (as far as my understanding goes), although I have a dip at around 30-40hz.

I have it inserted between pre and power.

I had some boom/mode issues in the old room which I corrected with the PARC.

The new room doesn't have any significant bass issues (as far as my understanding goes), although I have a dip at around 30-40hz.

That is a good thing

A snazzy little light for my TT, and a couple of shots of the DG58 doing its thing.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have the same light (or a $14 Ikea copy) for my far more humble system. Problem for me is my TT is hi gloss black and the light shows up the tiniest speck of dust and polishing swirls.

• Like 1

I have the same light (or a $14 Ikea copy) for my far more humble system. Problem for me is my TT is hi gloss black and the light shows up the tiniest speck of dust and polishing swirls.

Was in ikea the other day and thought to buy one those but they only had pink or White ... Pass :D

Though come to think of it might get away with the White hehe

Guest The Fresh Prince

Mine is the fully authentic IKEA version!

Guest The Fresh Prince

does that light introduce any noise into the system?

Not that I can discern. Out of interest, it is USB powered.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Fresh Prince

REL Gibraltar, in the house.post-109630-0-98914500-1431951142_thumb.

Purdy remote

post-109630-0-31270900-1431954385_thumb.

Guest The Fresh Prince

This has been my fourth attempt at integrating subs, of varying types with my system. At last, I feel I have actually reaped an improvement!

After many agonising hours of listening, moving, listening, measuring, moving, listening, measuring, listening (repeat ad nauseam), I have ended up with my sub in this position. Is it the "best" position? Who knows?, but at the moment, it sounds good, and it's time to stop analyzing and just start listening.

• 5 years later...
Guest The Fresh Prince

Well. It's been 5 years since I updated! Mostly the same equipment, and a few minor cosmetic improvements.

IMG_1079.thumb.JPG.ec06c10b02ed03254bd2a1e9fe9e7b7b.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG