SOLD: FS [SYD]: Marantz TT-42 Fully Automatic Turntable

Item: Marantz TT-42 Full Automatic Turntable

Price: SOLD

Item Condition: As new - 18 months old. 9/10

Reason for selling: Have upgraded

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD. Can ship at buyers expense.

Extra Info:

I'm selling my simple but very solid Marantz TT-42 automatic turntable as I have just upgraded. No bells and whistles on this thing, but it does a great job, especially at this price. Put up against a VPI Scout recently and it held its own extremely well considering the price differential. Comes with dust cover and necessary cabling.

This is a very decent sounding turntable for someone looking for a place to start out, or for a no-fuss table to plug, play and enjoy. Bought new for $550 about 18 months ago. Features include:

• Low noise design direct coupled DC servo motor
  • Belt-drive system
  • Low coloration tone arm
  • Full floating chassis
  • Full automatic end-of-side arm lift
  • Manual start and cue control
  • Two speed selection plays both 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records
  • Ready fitted MM cartridge

I still have all the original boxing so can ship but would prefer pick-up.

Cheers

Pictures:

post-148894-0-37131100-1416522702_thumb.

post-148894-0-60703700-1416522720_thumb.

post-148894-0-69861700-1416522831_thumb.

post-148894-0-06515400-1416522876_thumb.

Edited by Needo22
  • Like 1

Hey, Ive got a mate looking at something like this and he was considering new, but the question I can't get answered is if the Cartridge is removable or just the stylus? Could you tell me if you can remove the stock cartridge and connect another?

Hey, Ive got a mate looking at something like this and he was considering new, but the question I can't get answered is if the Cartridge is removable or just the stylus? Could you tell me if you can remove the stock cartridge and connect another?

Yes you can - check pic 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hensa

My apologies. I think the cartridge is removable but the arm has minimal adjustments available so you'd be limited to either the same cartridge or one with the same specs and height, etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hensa

@@Gremrock it certainly looks to me like you can change the cartridge. But like Hensa said, the arm doesn't allow much in the way of adjustment. So you would want to make sure the cartridge you were considering was a similar spec. 

Haven't been able to find any details on the current cart other than that its a AudioTechnica 4.0 mV MM.

Will check the manuals and let you know...

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing a StereoNET T-Shirt.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Merchandise Purchase Option

Stereo.white_-Breeze_-_Black_copy2.jpg

You can purchase a StereoNET T-Shirt with all profits benefiting StereoNET. Click here for more information.

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.