Capones System

I thought it was about time I put some pictures and some details of my system

Its been about 8 Months to get to this stage,

pretty much the whole system was bought from other Stereonet people and I have to say that everyone that I have dealt with on this site

has been nothing but great  :thumb:

Ill start of with the speakers which are Vaf I91s mk2,a great sounding "Bookshelf" speaker, I like the detail and width of sound they produce

this is married up with a pair of Vaf DC-S subwoofers which im in the process of dialling in

All of this is fed by an Anthem 225,i love the bottom end of this amp which suits my taste in music, mainly grunge, hair metal, Blues rock

With the recent addition of the subs its brought another element to the table :)

The Turntable is a Rega Planer 3 GT upgrades ,platters,& with a Denon  DL-110 cart. this is hooked into the Anthems onboard Phono stage

For playing CD-SACD im just using an old panasonic

Im using Audio Principe Bi-Wired speaker cables and will be getting some of there shielded RCA plugs as soon as im happy with the sub placement

The home theatre side of things (which is separate) is run by a Denon AVR-2309 which I think does a great job for being a lower specked Denon

The fronts and centre are again from the Vaf family and are the mighty I90s,love these little guys,but do need a sub for decent home theatre.

my rears are nothing special at all, just some Teac towers. But seem to do the surround affects ok 

for the Blue-Rays im using a Panasonic Hard drive player,had it for quite a while and still going strong   

The Tv which is a 50 Inch Panasonic will be wall mounted shortly and the old Yamaha speaker that it is sitting on will be moved and the TT will be moved to the centre

So there it is, its pretty much done for now (I did say for now), so now its time to get some more records to fil up the racks :party

sorry about the quality of the piccis, it was done on my phone

Capone

post-142144-0-32006900-1403324068_thumb.

post-142144-0-81095800-1403324103_thumb.

post-142144-0-09359600-1403324142_thumb.

post-142144-0-02011600-1403324168_thumb.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I must say Batty that after first hearing Grumpys Vaf speakers all those years ago, its something that sticks in your mind, Gees it even made adverts on tv sound good 

so the Vaf influence definitely came from him :thumb:

Edited by capone
  • Like 2

Sweet as.

Did Grumpy have any input

No! No one listens to me anyway! :D

Capone has heard my system a few times as it has evolved over the years to it's present state and fairly recently heard the Garrard playing some vinyl which seemed  to bring a smile and an amazed look to his face - wasn't long after that when he told me he was purchasing his Rega.(and many many other bits of 'stuff' :D  )

I haven't been able to have a listen to Capones system yet, but I will get there soon. It's really looking like a sweet system and having heard the 191's and a rega in other systems before I'm sure it's going to sound bloody great.

Thanks for sharing Capone

Looks great, but needs more records :P

Funky looking counter weight too, any info on that?

That funky counterweight is a Groove Tracer upgrade, it came with the TT when I bought it of RocknRollR  (Nathan)

My next focus is to fill the cupboards full of records As I hardly play CDs anymore im replacing them with vinyl, But Moneys getting in my way of doing this,

go figure  ;)

• Like 3

That funky counterweight is a Groove Tracer upgrade, it came with the TT when I bought it of RocknRollR  (Nathan)

My next focus is to fill the cupboards full of records As I hardly play CDs anymore im replacing them with vinyl, But Moneys getting in my way of doing this,

go figure  ;)

What are CD's?

;)

• Like 2

What are CD's?

;)

Going back a year ago I wouldn't have thought that I would not want to purchase CDs anymore, But with the sound im now getting from vinyl, I ll be purchasing my future music on records, But in saying that some CDs still sound great on my system, and a SACD of DSOTM I was given by Grumpy sounds fantastic

Great looking system

I cant help but think you must be able to meld the two systems so you dont need to run seperate fronts for HT and Stereo. Does the amp have a MIna INput / Pre Output function? You can put a switch box between them to act as a HT bypass

Then move the i-90's to the rear

TT is looking good btw, hope its all working out for you

Great looking system

I cant help but think you must be able to meld the two systems so you dont need to run seperate fronts for HT and Stereo. Does the amp have a MIna INput / Pre Output function? You can put a switch box between them to act as a HT bypass

Then move the i-90's to the rear

TT is looking good btw, hope its all working out for you

That's how it started out with I91s as the fronts and the I90s as the centre and surrounds

But I have a wife and a daughter who were scaring the life out of me everytime they turned it on :ban:

so went the separate route, I can now sleep at night

PS-the TT is running fine, took me a while to set up right but all good now

Guest yamaha_man

Looking good mate, nice and neat

Loving the topper on the centre speaker.

Where's all the hotrod pics???

Looking good mate, nice and neat

Loving the topper on the centre speaker.

Where's all the hotrod pics???

The topper is a bit hard to hide ;)

all of the hotrod stuff is in the shed, away from view of the wife

Guest VladimirFreddie

Looking good!  Glad your enjoying the journey :D

Although I am kinda regretting not keeping another one of those i90s for myself!

Edited by VladimirFreddie

Looking good!  Glad your enjoying the journey :D

Although I am kinda regretting not keeping another one of those i90s for myself!

yeah they are a great speaker, especially now that they have loosened up a bit :)

Im still moving things around trying to get "the" spot right but overall im pretty happy with the setup   

• 2 weeks later...

Ive currently got the two subs in at Vafs at the moment getting a once over, boy am I missing them :(

I didn't realise how much of the bottom end work they were doing.

I would suggest to anyone contemplating subs for there system to at least try it before dismissing them, im glad I did