Beatles Mono Box Set - All Analog - Sept 9th, 2014

Finally!!

I've been waiting for this. Bought a fake mono CD set from ebay a couple years back and played it once..crap really.

Are there any beatles albums that were originally recorded in stereo?

M

Still working this out myself, not being a massive fanboy. If you are bored read this...

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/beatles/index.html

But to answer your question, none of it is "recorded to stereo" afaik, although stereo mixes were made of SPLHCB at the time for example.

Mud...?

Abbey Road and Let It Be?

metal beat will know!

And Yellow Submarine.

All the other Beatles albums were originally released in mono with the Stereo versions later.   Hence the selection of albums for the Mono set.

Would be interesting to hear from some SNA members who are old enough to remember when the Beatles were releasing mono first, then the stereo versions.

• Like 1

Gentlemen

I would suggest you order from Amazon CA.  CN $ 365 delivered

Works out around A $85 cheaper than Amazon USA.

I have ordered from both and will see who lowers their price and cancel the most expensive one closer to the release date.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005NJ9CHK/ref=od_img_link_refresh_T1

• Like 3

Gentlemen

I have ordered from both and will see who lowers their price and cancel the most expensive one closer to the release date.

Done also. Thanks.

Define "cheap"

hmmmm.   Well there was a time when I could have bought brand new for about $300 and I didn't.   I haven't won the lottery since,  so I guess cheap is less than $300.  the more less the betterer

hmmmm.   Well there was a time when I could have bought brand new for about $300 and I didn't.   I haven't won the lottery since,  so I guess cheap is less than $300.  the more less the betterer

How does $280 sound?

I'm in outer Eastern Melbourne

Gentlemen

Interestingly, the description throughout this link talks about mono CDs, although the heading is vinyl!?

Finally!!

I've been waiting for this. Bought a fake mono CD set from ebay a couple years back and played it once..crap really.

Are there any beatles albums that were originally recorded in stereo?

M

Hi there,

In answer to your main question - NONE OF THEM !!!- in common with almost all pop albums these recordings were made as a series of mono recordings of the individual artists - some of whom were actually "THE BEATLES" which were then down-mixed to master tapes (some of which were mono - the rest "stereo").

The "STEREO" recordings that we are so fond of are almost entirely fakes - they were all mono recordings "mixed" to create a fake recording session that never actually happened!

And the same can be said of the "MONO" recordings! - They never actually happened!!!!!!

What everyone is talking about are the "MIXES" not the "RECORDINGS" - Please get it straight!!!!

Rant over.

Boots

(Sometimes old "Roady")

Hi there,

In answer to your main question - NONE OF THEM !!!- in common with almost all pop albums these recordings were made as a series of mono recordings of the individual artists - some of whom were actually "THE BEATLES" which were then down-mixed to master tapes (some of which were mono - the rest "stereo").

The "STEREO" recordings that we are so fond of are almost entirely fakes - they were all mono recordings "mixed" to create a fake recording session that never actually happened!

And the same can be said of the "MONO" recordings! - They never actually happened!!!!!!

What everyone is talking about are the "MIXES" not the "RECORDINGS" - Please get it straight!!!!

Rant over.

Boots

(Sometimes old "Roady")

Hi there,

Having said the above - I have found it to be an interesting journey to listen to the albums in chronological order and appreciate the increasing sophistication of the recording & mixing techniques.

My favourite album has always been "Rubber Soul" since it was the last one that could have been performed live - ie no "over dubbing" etc on most if not all of the tracks.

Boots.