CD Transport Stabilizer/Puck/Clamp

Mine is a 3rd new version made from anthracite instead of the bone-like material of the 1st and 2nd version.  I watched a Youtube video comparing versions 1 and 2 and the differences were obvious to me.  I realize it is a video with poor sound but I did hear differences and liked the 2nd version better.  Unfortunately, the video is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Kent10 said:

Mine is a 3rd new version made from anthracite instead of the bone-like material of the 1st and 2nd version.  I watched a Youtube video comparing versions 1 and 2 and the differences were obvious to me.  I realize it is a video with poor sound but I did hear differences and liked the 2nd version better.  Unfortunately, the video is no longer available.

I didn't know there was a 3rd one now made of anthracite, so a hard carbon 🤔

Edit: hmm...I can't find any information on it.

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1

Interesting. I didn’t know there were two. I’ve not had it out the CDT2-Mk3 that long though (maybe a year?) so I’m guessing I’ve the second version. The improvement is enough that I consider the a must have upgrade. QSuspension + QStab a must have upgrade of running a Phillips CDM16 based transport. I’ve certainly paid more for smaller improvements before which I nonetheless think worthwhile.  🙂

Edited by MattyW

3 hours ago, Falcon 500 said:

The first version came out approx 3 years ago ,if you go to Headquarter Audio youtube and search shows how the Qstab evolved from using wood to the material used now.

His wood and others were prototypes, not finished versions.

He had 2 of the 'bone like' material ones, an early one and a later one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kent10 said:

Can you post a pic of his third version that is made of anthracite?

Is it black as would be expected if made from anthracite.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kent10 said:

I'll get a picture sometime soon.  Yes, it is black but otherwise looks like the earlier versions.

He really needs to put info on his site about the new version, and what is different regarding the results compared to the older ones..

• Like 1

He might in time.  I probably got one of the 1st ones.  I asked a while ago and they were just in production.  He still had the 2nd version available and was selling them for less to get rid of them.  They will no longer be produced he said, if I recall correctly.  I went for the 3rd version because he claimed it was better.

• Like 1