Money no object digital front end

What would you get?

It must have immaculate casework to justify being the same cost as a small car. This is not optional. 

To take one example, which is by all reports sounds utterly amazing, I don't want an MSB which looks like Peter Stein has stuffed an amp into a modem case to help with a high school project.

This is not a theoretical conversation (for me) and front line contender is CH Precision. 

Any other suggestions? 

• Like 1

Oh...I was about to suggest the super-duper top end of MSB stuff, very pricey.  Actually, MSB to do some mix and match custom colour work as an extra, as seen on their website.

Immaculate case work and top end would have to be Esoteric wouldn't it?  How about a P02 Transport and a D02 Dac (21K a piece).  I'm sure Krispy would be happy to take the order!

• Like 1

I'd buy the MSB Diamond DAC fully loaded, and have a custom case machined from a single billet; one for each power supply, and one for each of the transport and DAC. A little more frigging around, but at the end of the day, a fantastic sounding custom one off. Sorted!

• Like 5

yep the full dcs stack experienced at a taipan night some years ago was probably best I've heard. was about $90k in boxes and yeah prob most expensive money no object front end have come across. build and fit and finish was wihtout doubt to the very highest standard.

Edited by :) al

Naim NDS and two 555 DR power supplies. I would drive it with a CJ GAT/ART monoblocks into Vivid G2s with an all Nordost Odin cable loom.

Why? It's all up the chain from what I have. Naim nDAC and XPS 2 DR, is already pretty darn nice, in fact all you could really want from digital, but you did say money be damned. The interface and macbook I use ain't that pretty.

Not sure how it rates with you on an aesthetic scale but the Naim CD 555 is staggeringly awesome in every way. It is the ultimate example of a minimalist solution to reproducing music. I heard one briefly ( or so it seemed ) and I was moved to tears when some of my own music was played on it.

I'm not sure you can ask for ( or achieve ) more than that with one component. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own any Naim equipment.