How can I use 2 x sets of speakers with Tidal?

Ive opened up a wine shop. In the    front shop-bottle shop I have an iPhone with Tidal playing playlists via bluetooth to a pair of Audio Engine HD6 in the  back rooms. Need to get some music in the  front shop too, but just want it to play the    same playlist from TIDAL. 

A friend suggested a DAC, and an amplifier. (I don't want to use anything like Sonos)

What's the link-path if that's correct?

I'll then buy some secondhand speakers, maybe under a $1000 for the  front shop. Active or not. Wouldn't mind some KEF LS50's. If I get powered speakers, then I just need a DAC???

Anyway, a bit lost in this, and short of time. Any suggestions helpful, and product recommendations too. 

Cheers

Luke

There are 2 ways to approach this.   Use 2 sources or use 1 source in a multi room setup.

The LS50 Wireless or LSX Wireless, both active, have internal DAC. But you will need a 2nd phone (or another source) to drive it and therefore not synced between front and back.

Given you do not want Sonos, suggest BlueSound for multi room. 

https://www.bluesound.com/wireless-speakers/

Sorry trying to wrap my head around this. So It doesn't look like I can do it. I don't want Sonos or Bluesound speakers. 

So the Bluesound Node / power node only syncs/plays with 'one' set of speakers at a time? If I'm using non-blue sound speakers?? 

Cheers. Yeah I know that Sonos can sync Sonos speakers. And looks like Bluesound is the  same.. sync blue sound speakers. That's not what I'm after. I already have speakers. So can the    Bluesound Node sync with 2 different sets of NON-Bluesound speakers?

1 hour ago, Roark said:

So can the    Bluesound Node sync with 2 different sets of NON-Bluesound speakers?

You can use a Node to feed active speakers or an Edge to feed passive speakers

https://www.bluesound.com/products/powernode-edge/

You will need BlueSound technology for each set of speakers to manage a multi room setup.

Alternately, get all in one BlueSound speakers.

• Like 1

Assuming you have a wifi network Use the phone as a source, keep the hd6 speakers for the front and look at getting Apple airplay 2 compatible.

You will just need an airplay 2 receiver to plug into the HD6’s you have like this:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Belkin-SoundForm-Receiver-Wireless-Streaming/dp/B08YDTCNQH

and then look for some Airplay 2 active speakers for out back from any manufacturer to suit the budget, even Apple have them for around $150, Sonos speakers are great value and they are also airplay 2 compatible so you don’t need to use the Sonos app, but just match your needs with your budget.

• Like 1

THANKS HFW!

I think I'll run with this set up. Go Airplay 2. Do you think a shop in Melbourne would sell the    Belkin. Having a look now. Can't wait until 11th December for Amazon.

33 minutes ago, Roark said:

THANKS HFW!

I think I'll run with this set up. Go Airplay 2. Do you think a shop in Melbourne would sell the    Belkin. Having a look now. Can't wait until 11th December for Amazon.

Cool, that Belkin was just an example sure it or other brands will be available in store or online quicker,  👍🏼

1 hour ago, Rockford said:

Does Tidal allow you to select more than one Airplay/Wireless device? As they would present as two separate devices? 

yeh, iOS takes over when you press the airplay option, it shows all available airplay 2 devices and you can select as many as you want, each have thier own volume control too.

• Like 1

A couple of Wiim minis could possibly do? They offer multiroom, would just have to check about tidal though as I think I read somewhere there was issues with multi-room hi-res and that they are potentially working on a fix.

Cheers,

Andrew

This discussion is doing my head in. Has anyone here heard of WIRE. You know, the copper stuff. All you need is your iPhone, an integrated amp with line outs so that you can run to powered or non-powered speakers. This is a cheap option just to see how the whole setup will sound.

On another topic, a Tidal subscription may be for personal use only. If you are running your Tidal playlists in a commercial enterprise where customers enter a store and listen to what you are playing you would almost certainly be required to sign up for some sort of royalty licence with someone like APRA. The fees are pretty cheap but the fines for non-compliance can be astronomical.

16 hours ago, AvSat44 said:

This discussion is doing my head in. Has anyone here heard of WIRE. You know, the copper stuff. All you need is your iPhone, an integrated amp with line outs so that you can run to powered or non-powered speakers. This is a cheap option just to see how the whole setup will sound.

On another topic, a Tidal subscription may be for personal use only. If you are running your Tidal playlists in a commercial enterprise where customers enter a store and listen to what you are playing you would almost certainly be required to sign up for some sort of royalty licence with someone like APRA. The fees are pretty cheap but the fines for non-compliance can be astronomical.

The OP used Bluetooth to connect a set of speakers so he knew what he was getting initially, the complexity came with a second zone playing the same stream where wire most likely is too cumbersome in this day and age.

As for royalties, that’s for the OP to sort out, not really part of this discussion.

So we should just say nothing to a guy who may not be aware of the implications of playing music in a commercial setting and letting him get pinged. You bet it’s part of the discussion!

21 minutes ago, AvSat44 said:

So we should just say nothing to a guy who may not be aware of the implications of playing music in a commercial setting and letting him get pinged. You bet it’s part of the discussion!

Well even though he never asked for advice on that you’ve covered it off so we can all sleep at night now.