Morley gtg this Monday public holiday

AccuTidal

Yep, and good luck to anybody who can remotely hack-in to my security system, there's a carton of VB on offer to anybody who can :P

So you have remote access enabled?

*Que evil laguhter*

So you have remote access enabled?

Yes, I have remote access to almost every network enabled device at home, including my C-bus home automation system, security and surveillance system, and much of my home theater (I can play all the content on my media server and watch it remotely via the internet on my iPad etc). I have an enterprise class gateway security appliance between all of this and the outside world, and each segment of the network on the local side has deeper level security in case somebody is savvy enough to get past my gateway security. My network is quite intense for a home environment: I think at last count I had 42 devices on my IP network, and 32 devices on my C-bus network....so that's over 70 bits and pieces all communicating with each other and the outside world.

For somebody to be able to remote-in to my network without authorization really needs to know what they're doing. As the system administrator I can easily configure access to anybody so they can remote-in to whatever I allow them to, which is what I did for 24Bits, and which is how he knows something of the thermal imagery capability of my surveillance system.

LOL, well I'm sure that anyone that is able to breach that level of security (no network is 100% secure as you probably know) would have no interest in even trying, what's to gain.

Now if you were a Gov' Department or a multinational, it could be different.

LOL, well I'm sure that anyone that is able to breach that level of security (no network is 100% secure as you probably know) would have no interest in even trying, what's to gain.

Now if you were a Gov' Department or a multinational, it could be different.

A carton of vb and if you bring a trailer some halcro gear to list on ebay ;) 

Meh....

For someone else maybe. Edit: not knocking what is on offer, but I neither drink nor desire to swipe others stuff :D

As for me, I have never ventured into that dark side of computing, would be good to have the knowledge though.............if only to be better at stopping them.

Edited by datafone

A carton of vb and if you bring a trailer some halcro gear to list on ebay ;)

The Halcro gear has "no sq" so you wouldn't be interested in it, but if you could access the local side of my gateway and map my network now that would get my interest (and it would get you a carton of VB if you tell me how you did it). My gateway security device logs every IP that attempts to communicate with it, I've just checked the logs now and nobody has had a crack at it yet!

I've been able to remote-in to several foreign enterprise computer networks armed with some software tools and basic knowledge of the hardware they use, so I know it can be easily done if their IT guys have been slack. Hopefully I'm a little more IT savvy with my installation than the guys who were responsible for those networks.

Edited by brodricj

Any excuse for a gtg, wonder if there are any interest with the shoutout for the following;

1. JLTi Oppo 95

2. Stock Oppo 105

3. Tuyen's built DAC

4. Stock Sony CPD-715

5. Marantz CD67, minor modded. (Player is from NSW, pending owner confirmation)

6. May be your source/player/DAC?

Associates components;

1. Power Source: PS Audio P10

2. Preamp: Mingda P300 (Caps upgraded)

3. Power Amps: A Pairs of Ming Da Valves Mono Block as seen on previous gtg

4. Speakers: Wilson Benesch ACT.

Edited by 24Bits

Blind? No wine or beer hmmmm get some pocorn

As per usual kajak12. Certainly can afford few drinks for a mate!

I have a modded Teac VRDS10 if your interested in trying it mate?

Linc

PM sent, Linc. Edited by 24Bits

Any excuse for a gtg, wonder if there are any interest with the shoutout for the following;

1. JLTi Oppo 95

2. Stock Oppo 105

3. Tuyen's built DAC

4. Stock Sony CPD-715

5. Marantz CD67, minor modded. (Player is from NSW, pending owner confirmation)

6. May be your source/player/DAC?

Associates components;

1. Power Source: PS Audio P10

2. Preamp: Mingda P300 (Caps upgraded)

3. Power Amps: A Pairs of Ming Da Valves Mono Block as seen on previous gtg

4. Speakers: Wilson Benesch ACT.

Just make sure you have a range of interconnects to try with those.

I know for example that the Sony CDP 715 can sound bright and lean with a lot of Interconnects.Excellent with the Accuphase brown though and quite good with the Van den Hul The First.It is very revealing but unforgiving.It does harmonics and clarity very well which is where so many CD players and DACs fail.

Edited by THOMO

Just make sure you have a range of interconnects to try with those.

I know for example that the Sony CDP 715 can sound bright and lean with a lot of Interconnects.Excellent with the Accuphase brown though and quite good with the Van den Hul The First.It is very revealing but unforgiving.It does harmonics and clarity very well which is where so many CD players and DACs fail.

May risk of an unpleasant argument here but my preliminary shoutout direct to a pairs of Mingda between Sony CDP-715 and JLTi Oppo 95, can confirm the Sony is surprisingly good player and excellent value performer. No doubt to my hearing after couple hours on them, Sony is clean, on the bright side and very revealing. I however found, the Sony soundstage is a little compressed, dried and too clinical vs Joe Oppo. JLTi Oppo is more airy, more open and much fluid. On extended listening period I found less fatigue with the Oppo.

With the preamp may yield a different results but no doubt will be better for both player. Interconnects in used were a pairs of Accuphase and Pure copper Neotech.

May risk of an unpleasant argument here but my preliminary shoutout direct to a pairs of Mingda between Sony CDP-715 and JLTi Oppo 95, can confirm the Sony is surprisingly good player and excellent value performer. No doubt to my hearing after couple hours on them, Sony is clean, on the bright side and very revealing. I however found, the Sony soundstage is a little compressed, dried and too clinical vs Joe Oppo. JLTi Oppo is more airy, more open and much fluid. On extended listening period I found less fatigue with the Oppo.

With the preamp may yield a different results but no doubt will be better for both player. Interconnects in used were a pairs of Accuphase and Pure copper Neotech.

Accuphase blue or brown?The blue is quite bright so not a good match.The brown sounds much richer and more meaty so is a good match.Steve M and I have both used Van den Hul The First with these players and that is also a good match but the Accuphase brown is better.

Of course these preferences often come down to speaker and room compatability.Also music preferences.

Last weekend my brother and I did an A/B level matched comparison of his Accuphase DP77 and my Sony 715,both with Accuphase brown interconnects,and the two players sounded almost identical.With the wrong interconnects the Sony can sound a bit bright however-more so than the Accuphase for some reason.This was also through my valve preamp and I have found that most CD players really need a good preamp to sound their best.

Would be good to hear the JLTi Oppo.Even standard they sound quite good so when tweaked I can imagine they should sound very nice.The output stage could even be configured to sound best fed directly into a power amp which might mean getting away without a preamp.

Edited by THOMO

Thomo, I was once skeptical with an introduction of a preamp into my system due to poor quality components, namely Nuforce AVP-17 and Krell 300i. I found running Oppo direct to the power amp drew better sonic, and the sound became more musical than having it through both pres above. Well, not until Kajak12 brought over Teagle tubes preamp, I than found myself snapped a Conrad Johnson CT6 a couple weeks later and now I can't live without a tube preamp.

You're more than WELCOME borrowing my modded Oppo for a trial at home or drop by my shed for a few drinks and listening to both? Since been to Tasso place for a short session of Accuphase listening opportunity, I now can't help but in the market for one! Thinking of import DP-550 as it is very versatile. May be Steve could let me listen to his Accuphase for this acquisition reassurance!

Note I also have stock Oppo 105 here if you are keen to have a listen to that also?

• Like 1