Morley gtg this Monday public holiday

AccuTidal

Looks like a great day envious.........and here I thought Tasso only spoiled me with the Mingda's and Coincident at the last SS vs valve GTG .......... :D  :D 

What were the speakers?? They look like a set that were at Steve Ms place a few GTGs ago......

Looks like a great day envious.........and here I thought Tasso only spoiled me with the Mingda's and Coincident at the last SS vs valve GTG .......... :D  :D

What were the speakers?? They look like a set that were at Steve Ms place a few GTGs ago......

It was like a strip show with valves flac24 is converted to the valve side  ;) 

Fm radio really sorry for that comment it should be Am radio from the 1950's or for todays generation mp3............ ;)

Hmmmm... Consider that a compliment! "Am radio" certainly sounds warmer and more tubes alike, don't you think so Kajak12?

Looks like a great day envious.........and here I thought Tasso only spoiled me with the Mingda's and Coincident at the last SS vs valve GTG .......... :D:D

Hi Jones - the day was great! Pity I had family commitment at 7pm, otherwise we could have let it drifted throughout the evening. Flemo was so enjoyed himself that he has forgotten picking the kid! LoL!!!

Yes, that is correct. These are Wilson Benesch ACT, probably the ones at SteveM place back in May 2013 gtgs. Btw, thanks for your loan P10 offer sometime back.

Edited by 24bits Flac

Oh boy! wish I had a room like that, it has everything :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks datafone! Yes, this room could start with a serious of 2 channels listening, once intoxicate with the liquor, it can turn into a karaoke screaming room, and when ones got exhausted, it becomes a home threater which can put us all to sleep..... LoL!!!!

Edited by 24bits Flac
  • Like 1

Thanks datafone! Yes, this room could start with a serious of 2 channels listening, once intoxicate with the liquor, it can turn into a karaoke screaming room, and when ones got exhausted, it becomes a home threater which can put us all to sleep..... LoL!!!!

Yeah, that can work too :)

I don't know of  others here but as I understand it,  Australia is the 4th largest market for Coincident products so there are probably a few around but haven't surfaced yet on SNA. They very rarely get sold second hand.

Must be heck of a small worldwide market then...

Coincident is a brand you sort-of "stumble" across, then you do your homework, then you might take a leap of faith...

Only very rarely do you see Coincident products on the used market. Whether that is because of very low market penetration (not much stuff out there), or most owners are happy and don't wish to sell, I don't know. But I am surprised that Australia is their 4th largest market. I heard that when they did have a distributor here they didn't sell much of the brand. Maybe that changed when they went to direct marketing.

I use a Lectrosonics MM8 matrix mixer, I can completely unmatrix anybody from the Karaoke mix who "can't sing but love to" :D

The MM8 also allows me to matrix in to the Karaoke mix blu-ray quality audio, so for example I can setup a live Elton John or Billy Joel or Eagles or Lady GaGa or whatever concert and matrix the Karaoke machine in to the concert audio so you can have a sing-along with Elton or Billy or Lady GaGa or whoever. And because all the blu-ray content is on a server I can set up a play-list independent of the Karaoke machine and play whatever song from whatever concert in whatever order I like. The project I'm working on at the moment is configuring my Pronto Pro remote to seamlessly automate this over wi-fi, making it easy for the kids to operate without any assistance.

Edited by brodricj

Curious on this, what karaoke system are you running?

myrantz - I have the system proper setup! 2TB DVD media quality with the feature where indiviual can select and reserve their songs, each song lable by a number code system or title. Reserved songs will Q up in order. The player is coaxial into my Nuforce DAC (AVP-17) for excellent sound quality, two balance (xlr) analog channels then run into my Bhringer 18 channels mixer. A pair of high end wireless Shure mic are also connected into the mixer via xlrs which are then looping into its internal effect filters (echo,.....) and also to Lexicon vocal effects to enhance your voice and making you at all sudden become the Beatle, well it's kinda feel like that after several drinks away! All processed signals with the right volume control outputing into my Adcom 5 Channels power amp which I once used it as home threater. Two channels run the Vintage Bose mark III in front, the other two run a pairs of Richter vintage speakers. The mixer sub output into Vintage Rel subwoofer. Live dynamic video for each song is then projected into my 100inch screen as you can see in the photos.    

Sound very ok, I think...I You must try. I have a library of 20,000 English Songs, 12,000 Vietnames songs, and 8,000 Chinese Songs.

Edited by 24Bits

Brodric - this is good but sound quality as good as MP3 or MIDI, I feel it as lack of dynamic and sound stage. Also i think the video is dead and repetitive for all songs. i,e one video clip keeps repeating itself during the whole karaoke session, which to me can be boring. Well, if I am not wrong anyway!  

Check this out ==> http://www.szblue.com/mtvplayer_8826_e.htm

Guest myrantz

Sound very ok, I think...I You must try. I have a library of 20,000 English Songs, 12,000 Vietnames songs, and 8,000 Chinese Songs.

I certainly need to! I'm looking for a one box mixer/effects processor thingy that does key change, with at least 4 mic inputs.. Any suggestions?

I certainly need to! I'm looking for a one box mixer/effects processor thingy that does key change, with at least 4 mic inputs.. Any suggestions?

What is your budget? Universal never is as good as component wise.  The player am using does key changes +/- 6 steps.

Edited by 24Bits

Guest myrantz

What is your budget? Universal never is as good as component wise.  The player am using does key changes +/- 6 steps.

Budget depends on the product I guess... My system is computer based (requires a USB dongle)... I got this from HK.

Basically my songs are stored on a NAS, the software on the PC goes to the mixer (as well as two other mics) and then to my AVR.

Everything works, except that the software's ability to do key-change is greyed out, and I have no idea why? :confused: (ATM I'm using the audio card's control panel to do the reverb/chorus and key change).

Love that android and remote system in the previous post, that will certainly solved another pet peeve of mine (my system requires 2 screens which really is a PITA sometimes)... 

Will certainly pick your brain at your GTG next time :P

Brodric - this is good but sound quality as good as MP3 or MIDI, I feel it as lack of dynamic and sound stage....

I don't care what it sounds like, I just use it as a tool to ogle some smokin' hot Indo Karaoke chicks that occasionally come over and do what smokin' hot Indo Karaoke chicks like to do....

I don't care what it sounds like, I just use it as a tool to ogle some smokin' hot Indo Karaoke chicks that occasionally come over and do what smokin' hot Indo Karaoke chicks like to do....

Nice.... Requesting an invite whenever this (18-28) opportunity arises, please! Hahaha...! just kidding!

Edited by 24Bits

Anyone keen on Brodric login infor, pm me! LoL!!!!! The man has his $3.5k (each) infrared surveillance camera  installed everywhere around his premises.

I can truly tell you that despite the totally darkness…, you can identify which region of the body is running hot…. Hahahaha…. 

Edited by 24Bits

Anyone keen on Brodric login infor, pm me! LoL!!!!! The man has his $3.5k (each) infrared surveillance camera  installed everywhere around his premises.

I can truly tell you that despite the totally darkness…, you can identify which region of the body is running hot…. Hahahaha…. 

Yep, and good luck to anybody who can remotely hack-in to my security system, there's a carton of VB on offer to anybody who can :P

p.s. those Axis Q1921 thermal cameras are awesome, aren't they!