am i really going to be disappointed with a QLED?

i have a 65" sony oled from a few years back, i think the picture quality is great

we're about to move house and i was looking at a larger tv - 75" -85".

at the shop the samsung QLED tv's look great to me... i couldn't really tell the difference to OLED

i'm wondering if a 75"+ QLED will be a really noticeable step down from OLED? or will they need to be side-by-side to tell the difference

(i don't watch much sport, i don't really game on it, just watch TV/movies... it's going in a lounge room)

Doubt you would be disappointed.

Whats the lighting like at the new house compared to old house? Full panel brightness & peak brightness are selling points of the QLED vs OLED.

I just moved house too and my 55" is dwarfed now. But I can't see a good reason (yet) to upgrade in size or move away from OLED. Happy to wait another year or two for a step change in OLED panels.

• Like 1

Are you someone who is always commenting on what a great picture the TV produces?  Do you look for the deepest blacks?  If you answer yes to either, then you will notice the difference and should go OLED.

Please have a read of this

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/70-75-77-inch

The LG OLED is best but there is case for the QLED when the room is bright.  I am using a 75" QLED in a bright room but the key factor was paying 60% of the cost of an OLED.

1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

The LG OLED is best but there is case for the QLED when the room is bright.  I am using a 75" QLED in a bright room but the key factor was paying 60% of the cost of an OLED.

Which QLED are you using?