FS: Kuzma Stabi S with PSU, additional Linn mount adapter, Kuzma platform and brass clamp

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: ARTARMON
State: NSW
Payment Method: cash, bank transfer, paypal as friend
Reason for selling: Bought some expensive gear

Further information:  

These turntables with PSU in this condition don't come up second hand very often.  If you are after a turntable that sounds musical with ease of use and maintenance and setup then this should be very high on the list.   It is incredibly flexible with arm options taking any Kuzma tonearm and with the extra Linn mount included it will work with Linn arms, my Audio Origami PU7, arms from Jelco and Alphason. Having heard it with an Alphason, Kuzma and Audio Origami PU7 it was very easy to match with the turntable. I could recommend any of those arms.  Armboards for other tonearms are readily available from Kuzma.

As a suggestion for arms there is a Kuzma Stogi Reference tonearm for $1,700 for sale at Nirvana Sound (to be clear this arm is not included in my price) that would be a killer combination.  https://nirvanasound.com/specials/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse&utm_content=Nirvana+Sound+Events%2C+Music+%26+Amazing+Audio+*02*&utm_campaign=

My favourite combination is with Audio Origami PU7.

The PSU was bought new from Warwick and the turntable was traded in by him.

Not included is the arm or cart (cart since sold).  The audio technica feet are not included but these/or equivalent are easy enough to source.  Having said that if you ask nicely and pay my price I would be inclined to throw them in.

This turntable will match other turntables at many times this price, I had it side by side with a Spiral Groove 2 and both myself and another member thought the Stabi was the better performer.  I have also heard it next to the Kuzma Ref and there is very little in it.  It looks really simple but the engineering is brilliant.

There is a tiny bit of surface discolouration on the screws which I think happens a lot.

I may have the old Kuzma belt somewhere but it has aa new Origin Live belt.

6 moons :- "The Kuzma Stabi S turntable looks like no other. There is no conventional plinth or base but instead two interlocking massive solid brass rods connected in T formation which gives the frame high rigidity and resistance to vibration. The motor is housed independently in its own brass biscuit to dampen internal vibrations."

"The Stabi S is our smallest turntable with a design approach normally found only in more expensive models", reports TheMusic.com's Scot Markwell. "Its unique shape and construction of solid brass rods provide an extremely rigid connection to platter, bearing and tonearm support. There is no flat plate to resonate and transmit vibrations, only solid brass rods 50mm in diameter. A second brass rod provides stability and the two are clamped together in a T shape. A ground, flat belt provides drive from the motor pulley to the sub platter.

"The bearing is of highly polished, fine grain carbon steel", he continues, "with a one point contact, while the bearing sleeve is of a resin/textile material which has excellent damping and non-resonant properties. With a mat on top and rubber insert underneath, the platter provides a stable non-resonant platform for records which, in addition, can be clamped."

The Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S combination is a hands-down winner, and in my opinion, one of the world's great turntable bargains. It played every piece of vinyl put to it with a welcome wink-wink nod-nod and proceeded to reveal its true nature, good, bad or glorious. It performed flawlessly, ran up to speed quickly and was relatively easy to set up. And I liked its streamlined dust cover the most. Ignore this Slovenian mini miracle at your own peril and be forever doomed to the trash heap of lousy digital. We wouldn't want that for you.

From HiFi + http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/kuzma-stabi-s-turntable-4point-9-tonearm-and-car40-mc-cartridge/?page=3

The Stabi S is perhaps the simplest turntable on the market. It comprises two brass tubes, a bearing, a motor, an inner and outer platter, and a belt. The brass tubes have rubber O-rings at either end as an alternative to feet. The standard AC motor housing has an on-off switch, while the expensive external PSU uses a housing with a captive cable connecting to the external power supply with a locking DIN plug. This makes for an extraordinarily well-built product; other turntables might be more ornate, but the Stabi S has the kind of well-trained powerlifter solidity of build to it. 

I have original box but would prefer pickup at this stage.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

E7AA1221-522D-4A10-9893-3CEBADBC2600.jpeg

Further information:

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
Edited by PKay
price drop

To give people an idea of the value of the accessories the clamp is euro 160, platform is euro 170 and the Linn mount approx euro 100 (possibly more).  These prices are without taxes and shipping.

The total in AUD is about $700 and the TT is $6,250 so my price is approx 40% of RRP.

I have dropped the price so preference is given to pickup.

Edited by PKay
price drop

8 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

I have heard good things about these.

Your asking  price is Very Good Value For Money considering the extras.

GLWTS

Thanks I have finally decided to move it on as the boss is adamant there will not be a second turntable in the main living area and I bought some new goodies today. 

• Like 2

This table is seriously good for the asking price.  I have one already and am trying to somehow justify having 2!  That Stogi Ref Arm linked would be a great addition and have them put a nice cart on at the same time as setting up.  Win win!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim D said:

This table is seriously good for the asking price.  I have one already and am trying to somehow justify having 2!  That Stogi Ref Arm linked would be a great addition and have them put a nice cart on at the same time as setting up.  Win win!

I don't think people realise how close this is to the Ref2.  I have heard them side by side and the S gives very little away.

Also with the platform and the footers getting the table level is a breeze (especially in my space where the floor slopes).

• Like 1

I'm going to get the box out of storage tomorrow as there is some interstate interest.  At this stage I would prefer a local sale but if there is no local interest I will look to ship it interstate.