Refurbishment of cave, any ideas/advice?

I reckon we need a Happy Tina Day to give Salma a run for her chest err money err personality...

*It's a Shame About Ray    Catchy tune isn't it and a video worth watching for the nascent Johnny Depp.

** it is really nice to have music back in the equation...sheez.

Well I thought I'd not succumb and post a pic before the room was ready but as I'm sitting here sipping some silly red from the early eighties...why not! spent most of the afternoon moving stuff back in but not all, not by far. Quite simply it wont fit back in the new clean lines I envisage the room having. Massive book sale at Luc's house I'm sad to say.

I'm still waiting for the carpet blokes to ring and arrive and I have one special shelf to get built which will house the main amp(as in in the future when I become rich like the rest of the SNA blokes... :P ) but I'm essentially finished bar that stuff.

I'm still starting a new thread when the carpets down and that damned shelf is built but this is how it's looking at the moment on the crummy particle board floors and my quads on stools...crap sound but the ambience is just fu*king great.

Can't wait for the Silverlines to come out of storage and take up their positions in a room ready made for them and, umm,  their replacements... :huh:

IMG_1797_1.jpg

Well I'm not giving too much away about the finish ect, but you can see the colour scheme(kinda) and the door furniture but nots what behind the doors ect.

But yeah...nearly there...and Paul Weller's Stanley Road sounds fu$king fantastic on election night even though it's boomy and tinny and shite because of no carpet...but it's nice to be nearly there :) :) :)

• Like 4

Well your not supposed to see those blue IC's for instance sticking out the back of the Redgum and the Raysonic, they're supposed to be hidden and they will be when I pack it all away, dunno about the Luxman tuner, it looks pretty when it's turned on, but even it can sit behind a door.

All I want to see on the bench is the CDP and eventually some valves, plus the TT. Everything else is happening under the bench in the bespoke design areas, that has always been the whole intent of this...to house a heap of  gear and store a heap of gear, IC's/ Speaker cables/HD's/spare amps/DAC's/and all the other bling we need...

Like I said, I'm so close I can nearly taste it!

No chair yet though and that's a worry :(

Hey thanks Kyle, I looked at Milan about a year ago and then decided I wouldn't join the many with an Eames repo...but they sure look good don't they!

I'm still hung up on a Stressless chair though mate...I'd dearly love one of these but because I'm no lightweight I have to go for the large models and they're upwards of 6K...

The Voyager, Vega and Kensington models would suit me to a T.

Wow Luc-- Sure looks great--you will have some great sonics when the setup realized fully I'm certain!

Re those chairs-- I was told once you should not have any height above ear level protruding from whatever you plonk on

Fact or fiction--I wonder

Good Listening anyway-Kudos!

Willco

Nice set up. I like the good use of the wall for shelfs. How deep are those bookshelves? I reckon around 25cm?

Chairs, if you are no lightweight, why not go for one of the Papa chair, or one of the Grant Featherson?

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Lounge-Chairs/Replica-Hans-Wegner-Papa-Bear-Chair-and-Ottoman.aspx?p11714c236

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Lounge-Chairs/Replica-Hans-Wegner-Papa-Bear-Chair-and-Ottoman.aspx?p11714c236

In fact, I myself have been eyeing one of these for quite a while...

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Replica-Lounge-Chairs/Replica-Finn-Juhl-45-Chair.aspx?p5600c127

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Replica-Lounge-Chairs/Replica-Antonio-Citterio-Simplice-SMPR-Armchair.aspx?p1637c17

Shelves are 250mm deep 35mm thick on 16mm ply backing...pretty heavy bits of gear, were quite fun to get into position.

Thanks for the links to the chairs but they're not the style(I think) that I want although they would suit the style of the room if that makes sense.

Looking great Lee!

I bet you're relieved to be so close.

Prog

Yeah I am mate...carpet ...I hope they ring me today as I'm itching to hear the room with it in place.

Finished.

:thumb::party:hiccup <<<(coffee actually)

So where are the f..'ing photos...stop dragging those knuckles & start using the fingers on a C A M E R A...hope that is slow enough : - )

Seriously CONGRATS...no doubt when  you do a reno...it is a ten tenths one...even Tina would be impressed...until she saw your music collection & she was not there...Rob

So where are the f..'ing photos...stop dragging those knuckles & start using the fingers on a C A M E R A...hope that is slow enough : - )

Seriously CONGRATS...no doubt when  you do a reno...it is a ten tenths one...even Tina would be impressed...until she saw your music collection & she was not there...Rob

I'm uploading pics now mate for a new thread and I'm sitting here listening to music for the first time in months...f/ing marvellous. Dunno if I'll get them all uploaded tonight though...and I'm typing this and looking at my typo's on a 42 inch monitor! Haha, love it!

Would you believe this: I've spent the last 3 hours uploading pics and doing a commentary and I just finished and I closed the tab instead of hitting send....I've got to do it all over again :mad:

(Sorry about that...what a thing to do, about 30 or more pics too ffs)

Bedtime I'm afraid.

That's a bummer, Luc. :(

But, is there a chance your content has been autosaved?  Try "more reply options" at the bottom right of the reply pane.  It should say "View Auto Saved content" in the lower blue bar.

If so, click on that and all your work should still be there.

Here's hoping. :thumb:

Ah it's a bran nu day so I'll start over again. The pics I was uploading were to a cloud storage site so I could then direct link to them instead of having a mass of jpegs in the one dialogue box, I like the bigger pictures.

That's what I was waiting for as uploading with my lousy DSL connection is a slow process.

Sooooo, I'll try again...see you in a few hours or so.