Sony TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Saw the 9000F and Z9D at Harvey Millenia. I have to say the 9000F is already very impressive!

If you can't see much difference bro, get the largest size of the 9000f and enjoy!

Both sets are nice.

What's the street price on both 75" now?

I did not really do a direct comparison since both are playing different demo film.

I am purely judging on a very non scientific way using my eyes. And to be fair, both Z9D and 9000F are both not mounted on eye level. One is high above and one is low below.

I did not ask the price for 75inch as I think I will not go that size for now. The 65inch is being casually quoted around 5.8k or so.

If you can't see much difference bro, get the largest size of the 9000f and enjoy!

Both sets are nice.

What's the street price on both 75" now?

BTW for those looking for the Z9D, the sweet spot is the 75".

At the 65" range, there are OLEDs which are cheaper and produce deeper blacks... hard to beat that.

Also do note that the 75Z9D and 100Z9D use different panels with fast response time than the 65. Also 75Z9D is 800 Zones and 100 is 1000 Zones. The 65" 'only' does 640 zones..

Was trying to get HDR/DV from ATV->AVP->Z9D and spent a few hours swapping cables, adjusting settings here and there on all 3 devices till finally found the answer on google.

On Z9D, under external inputs, enable enhanced signal.

It wasn't on the Court's sale in this morning's paper, that's what I meant..

With regard to DV on the current Sony TVs, unfortunately until the next Extreme chip or Ultimate chip shows up, I suspect all the current TVs use this low latency DV profile. And that means that the Sony X700 is the go to player.

Some people have shown that the LG doesn't work with Sony TVs.

And the Oppo is still a question mark, given that it's an end of line product.

I hope that a refreshed firmware can fix this, but on the flip side, we finally have DV, and so far playback has been stable, the DV toggle issue notwithstanding.

FYI, there's some promotion for the Sony now, so the sales guys can help get a better price.

You can squeeze for more glasses, discount on the warranty etc..

I think the chaps at the HN flagship store are hungry for a deal, Courts and BD couldn't not match the price. Some bros who sent me a pm definitely had better deals than I.

So look for Nicholas and co... (8123 9416)

Look like this number is not valid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look like this number is not valid

Eh bro, it works ... he even has what's app.. and he is working this weekend. Anyway, there are many chaps there too if you are going down.

Remember to claim parking..

Eh bro, it works ... he even has what's app.. and he is working this weekend. Anyway, there are many chaps there too if you are going down.

Remember to claim parking..

I cant located in whatsapp and sent sms delivery failed