Zidoo Media Players Owners Thread

I used to have the Z9S. The wifi is unstable and it gets disconnected at times. Bought Z10 from Peng and found that the wifi is much more stable. Glad Z9X is more stable

For serious streaming use. Wired is definitely the preferred route to take. But a stable wifi is definitely icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Zidoo does not seem to be adding new titles to the poster wall. I can see the files if I use the file manager but I can’t find them if I access through the designated drives from the poster wall.

Sometimes I get a syshandler error message at startup. Any idea how to resolve this?

when you are at the source selection , can right click to bring up the scan opt and do a update of the source.

under the poster setting , you can also select it to auto update for the library .

Some of you will receive your Z9x today, your S/N will be open for FW update out of the Box.

Note :

Please update the FW first before anything.

your seller will forward you instrution on activate google play store and thereafter you can download the Netflix directly from official Netflix website.

47426d3e3178211a4a05c716cccd5b41.jpg

c0e6690553c829465618c7c4d679f35d.jpg

Thanks for all your support

I will be collecting the Z9X later at Adelphi. First thing I will be testing will be the LLDV on a BD ISO/BDMV rip based on some of the reviews I've came across. Hopefully it will get resolved in the firmware updates.

when you are at the source selection , can right click to bring up the scan opt and do a update of the source.

under the poster setting , you can also select it to auto update for the library .

Thanks. Got it sorted following your advice. Sorry, stupid question: any way to change keyboard input to Chinese characters?

any way to change keyboard input to Chinese characters?

you refer to 汉字 or pinyin ? inside the android advance setting > apps > the keyboard layout should still be there , if activated before international FV update .

@Earthsound and @econav Bros , honoured to have the chance to play this brand new fresh set in Singapore.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts for this mass order. Fully appreciate all your precious time for this coordination.

Zidoo-Z1000-Pro.jpg

Am i the only unlucky one. My zidoo z9x seem not able to detected. Haizzz

did the front led light up ?

can take a pic of how it was connected?

you can send the pic to 96387418

first we try to confirm is the player DOA and if So , will do a one to one replace .

If you just want to watch Netflix on your Tv and using the inbulit sound/spk , then you no need any player, but how about sound not all format supported and not all Tv able to output to their AVR ( ARC ) for full surround/atmos setup.

Zidoo is not just another player/streamer , it focus on the development of movie poster /library to help user organize they digital copy on their NAS ( some hv more then few thousand digital copy)and play it  with Full menu support just like playing a bluray disc and ongoing new format support by release new FW update and support all the current sound format for a full fledged HT setup that lot of Xp menber have.

Managed to set up the Google Playstore and get both Netflix and YouTube to playback 4K HDR. For those who want to install the Google Playstore, pls download this firmware instead - https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo/zidoo-z9x-beta-firmware-v6-0-22-g/

Next do the following steps:

To Google Play Protect Certify your player and activate the Google Play Store:

1. Open Play Store, then close it - this generates the GSF ID

2. Goto Zidoo Quick Settings/Other/About and take note of the GSF ID

3. In any web browser on any platform, go to www.google.com/android/uncertified, log in and enter GSF ID and hit <Register>

4. Restart Z9X as a now Google Play Protect certified device

5. Start Google Play Store again and register/activate your Google account

Re-install YouTube App...

For some of us, the default Youtube app that comes pre-installed with the device itself may have some issue login to your Google account. That's fine. Simply uninstall it and re-install using this version: https://www.androidapksbox.com/get/new/6122/

Getting Netflix 4K HDR

If you encounter problem in playback of 4K HDR in the Netflix app. Please ensure you have checked HDCP 2.2 - the default standards for 4K DRM streaming. By default, the set is set at HDCP 1.4.