ONKYO AV Receiver Owners Thread

onkyo management really dunno what they doing man...

whats with the release of so many new low to mid range within a short timespan for???

weird chaps....

2016/03/28 ONKYO EXPANDS POWERFUL RZ SERIES

Today Onkyo announces three new 7.2 channel network receivers for its advanced Onkyo RZ Series geared towards the custom installation market and discerning audiophile. Available in April, the TX-RZ810, TX-RZ710 and the TX-RZ610 AV network receivers reflect the superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality that have been the hallmark of Onkyo products. Later this year, Onkyo will unveil details for its advanced 9.2 and 11.2 channel RZ series offerings, including the 9.2 channel TX-RZ1100 network receiver, the 11.2 channel TX-RZ3100 network receiver and 11.2 channel PR-RZ5100 network pre-processor.

Built with custom integration in mind, each Onkyo RZ Series receiver contains features to make installation and integration with control systems easy. Connectivity options include RS-232, IR and 12v triggers as well as PC setup, detachable power cables and optional rack kits, simplifying installation. The RZ Series will be backed by a three-year warranty and feature priority customer support.

TX-RZ810 (MSRP $1,299) & TX-RZ710 (MSRP $999)

These two stunning receivers are THX® Select2™ Plus-certified for theater grade performance and are ready to decode Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™☆ surround formats for a captivating home theater experience.

Both feature Dynamic Audio Amplification with massive high-output transformers, upgraded and customized capacitors, and Onkyo's premium amp circuitry to deliver high-current power with the TX-RZ810 delivering 130W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) while the TX-RZ710 brings 110W/ch (8 ohms). The TX-RZ810 also benefits from separate analog amplification and digital processing blocks as well as solid copper bus bars that limit interference and patented Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC™) on all channels for noiseless digital to analog conversion.

Video connectivity for these receivers is outstanding with eight HDMI® inputs and two outputs—one for the main display and one for Zone 2 HDMI—allowing two 4K/60 Hz video (supporting High Dynamic Range, 4:4:4 color space, and HDCP 2.2) sources to be viewed in two rooms.

Both receivers can distribute entertainment across the home with FireConnect™ powered by Blackfire® wireless technology which mirrors analog and digital audio on a compatible wireless speaker®. Dedicated Powered Zone 2A/2B speaker outputs with Zone 2 DAC (NET, SPDIF, HDMI), Zone 2 pre/line-outs enhance multi-room capabilities, while the TX-RZ810's Zone 3 pre/line-outs and 7.2 multichannel pre-outs add flexibility for audiophiles looking to customize their A/V setup further.

TX-RZ610 (MSRP $799)

The entry model to Onkyo's premium RZ series, the TX-RZ610 is a 7.2-channel network A/V receiver that delivers 100 W/ch (8 ohms). Manufactured with top-quality components, including massive power transformer, custom-spec capacitors, and discrete non-phase-shift amp circuitry, this high-current design enables full-spectrum reproduction down to 5 Hz while improving control of speaker drivers for dynamic, sound.

The unit also features rigid insulator feet to dampen vibration-borne interference, while the 384 kHz/32-bit DAC from AKM pairs with VLSC™ technology to eliminate digital noise from audio signals. HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI® inputs are ready for 60 Hz UltraHD video including High Dynamic Range and 4:4:4 color space. Finally, the Zone 2 DAC takes network and digital sources to dedicated powered Zone 2 speakers.

All three receivers benefit from the company's new AccuReflex technology—part of its AccuEQ room calibration suite— that ensures that stereo and object-based surround-sound formats are reproduced with striking clarity. The technology adjusts the phase of sound bounced off the ceiling by up-firing speakers so that it syncs perfectly with sound from the other speakers to create a more accurate Dolby Atmos experience. Together with AccuEQ to eliminate standing waves, surround-sound is precisely balanced for supreme clarity.

As well as being ready for 4k UltraHD movies, users can stream almost any audio content from mobile devices and laptops via AirPlay, Google Cast™☆, or Bluetooth to these receivers and share it wirelessly via FireConnect or to other wired zones to enjoy content such as podcasts, Spotify, TIDAL☆, and Hi-Res Audio, or the traditional sounds of FM/AM radio, cassette, and vinyl records.

The TX-RZ810, TX-RZ710 and TX-RZ610 will be available in April. For more information about Onkyo's RZ Series, please visit http://rzseries.onkyousa.com.

☆Note: Support for DTS:X™, Google Cast™, Tidal™ and FireConnect™ will be enabled on these receivers following firmware updates currently scheduled for summer 2016. FireConnect™ is a technology developed by Blackfire Research. Multi-room audio enabled by this technology requires an optional Onkyo wireless speaker scheduled for release in summer 2016. Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility of its A/V receivers with other devices featuring FireConnect™. Please consult the Onkyo website for further announcements regarding these technologies.

2016/03/28 ONKYO EXPANDS POWERFUL RZ SERIES.

.............. Later this year, Onkyo will unveil details for its advanced 9.2 and 11.2 channel RZ series offerings, including the 9.2 channel TX-RZ1100 network receiver, the 11.2 channel TX-RZ3100 network receiver and 11.2 channel PR-RZ5100 network pre-processor.

Never mentioned when later ???  Maybe Sept/Oct or Nov/Dec period  ???

two new models out again...

Mid-Range still!!!!

damn....

1) TX-RZ710

2) TX-RZ810

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I guess these low/mid range models are what helps them gain market share and margins. The higher models sell few. Sit on other side of fence, you will probably understand but I do sit on your side of fence haha

• 2 weeks later...

hope the new Onkyo top range uses this chip!!!

The AK4497 is a new generation premium 32-bit DAC based on AKM’s VELVET SOUND architecture that has been widely adopted by well-established high-end audio companies. High signal to noise performance is achieved by improving VELVET SOUND technology by supporting a larger current drive capability. The performance of an audio DAC using switched capacitor is expanded to the limit with the AK4497. In addition, AKM has developed an original process that has greatly improved low noise performance and electric margin for audio devices, increasing data amount and enhancing original acoustic sound that can be found in the sound strength.

● Dynamic Sound Playback with Large Amount of Playback Information: VELVET SOUND architecture is improved

Not only circuit designing but also the LSI manufacturing process was newly developed at AKM exclusively for AKM’s audio devices.  The AK4497 is the first device to utilize this process in AKMs foundry. 32-bit processing is integrated for the IRD (Impulse Response Designed) Filter, reproducing a detailed and natural signal wave. A low-dispersion short delay filter was newly added to the other five filters found in our previous generation device. So, six different digital filter types are selectable according to the user audio and system preferences.

● AKM’s Best Performance D/A Converter

Low-distortion technology achieves industry’s best performance of -116dB THD+N DAC with 128dB S/N characteristic. The AK4497 has the best performance among AKM’s D/A converters. In addition, OSRD (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) technology greatly reduces out of band noise.

● Supporting High Resolution Data

The first in the industry, a 22.4MHz DSD input is supported. The digital input supports up to 768 kHz PCM and 22.4 MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital), recreating high-resolution sound that is as close as possible to the original acoustic source.

● Application

High-end Audio, Professional Audio, AV Receivers, CD/SACD Players, Network Audio, USB DAC’s

AK4497EQ Premium DAC VERITA AK4497EQ

i really hope the top range onkyo's will be released in 2 months time...

if not i will be without a avr again...

pls onkyo, release your dragon soon!!

;D

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Onkyo has released a firmware update for selected models on June 14th 2016..

for my TX-RZ900 i have updated it via network.

total process took 8mins.

sadly, the update does not have the DTSX firmware in it...

Damn.... when is onkyo gonna release the DTSX firmware..... :'(

oh yes, for anyone wanting to update your sets,(even via usb)

please don't do it when a thunderstorm is on the way!!

because if the electricity is interuppted during the update, u will brick your set.

best part is, when i was typing the above post, my house electricity tripped!!!!

very nearby lightning jus tripped everything!

lucky i did my update hours before!!

;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all any advantages upgrading from a tx-nr646 to a tx-rz900? I am using it mainly for movie watching and some concert watching

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

For me its not worth it. U gain pre-outs and i guess if u like the new design. Unless its the pre-outs that u want.