Pioneer AVR Owners & Discussion Thread

A mate & i just bought a couple of these from Digitalcentre.com.au , paid $1700 each inc delivery which is a little over the odds , but after trying every Jb around & given how scarce these amps are , we were prepared to pay it

did they have the units in stock ?

Edited by eyesofra

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been fiddling with the LAN connection to my network & all works fine with my Vista laptop which is DLNA certified. However my XP laptop the AVR can't find. I've turned off the firewall & anti virus to no avail. With my vista machine surprisingly it found it straight away I guess its the DLNA spec which solved this.

Any suggestions on how to get XP to see the AVR & vice versa? Thx

Guys - any help on the above query would be great. - cheers

Because there are not many owners on here with teh SCLX71 as compared to teh USA were they are picking these up for $750us!!! hell an 81 is $900!!!!

I would pop into teh AVS forums and sus out any of these technical issues, they would have surely been encounted there by now, and may even have a link to a work around on page one.

AVS SCLX71, 81 Owners thread..

Do you have media sharing active under the Windows media player?

Media Player> Library> Media Sharing> Share My Media To> select the LX71 which should be shown in the list

Once it's turned on, you can then see the compatible devices on your network (from your computer) and allow access to them.

I know when I set up the DLNA stuff with my Pio LX70a BDP, I needed to activate it and share it before my BDP would see it. I'm using XP, never tried with Vista, maybe it's on by default?

Edited by tb123

Lol - "The Ice Club" - I like that :D

I have it back in the box for the moment, away from temptation. I don't need any distractions as I am going to be spending the long w/e doing more work on the HT.

I'll keep an eye on your thread and will be interested to hear your comments when you post.

i know exactly how you feel. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to find one. You should keep an eye on these forums though, there has already been a couple that have been offered for sale. You could end up getting one that way and saving a bit of money too.

Looking to sell mine soon.

Very lightly used and as new. Got it through JB Hifi in Canberra few months back when they had stock. Only been used for a handful of movies.

Got everything remote, manual, original receipt for warranty etc, only thing that is missing is the box.

Would prefer local pickup. (in Canberra), though could send through pack n send at buyers cost.

Don't want to part with it (absolutely love this unit), but new arrival in family means it must go.

Anyone thats interested pm offers. $1400 starting point for those that have enquired.

If no luck here will put up on ebay for auction.

Cheers

Edited by wilsact

Looking to sell mine soon.

Very lightly used and as new. Got it through JB Hifi in Canberra few months back when they had stock. Only been used for a handful of movies.

Got everything remote, manual, original receipt for warranty etc, only thing that is missing is the box.

Would prefer local pickup. (in Canberra), though could send through pack n send at buyers cost.

Don't want to part with it (absolutely love this unit), but new arrival in family means it must go.

Anyone thats interested pm offers.

If no luck here will put up on ebay for auction.

Cheers

PM sent :) from belco

can anyone explain why when watching the cricket or tennis via the Pio (LG LCD TV) the sound cuts out every now and again...is it a sound setting or more the STB in the telly that plays up?

i've got the same issue, except with my picture. picture cuts out for 5 secs or so then comes back. this is watching stb via amp. when i switch to watching the same picture through DVD player (stb connected into input on dvd) there is no cutting out at all. very wierd. any ideas?

Do you have media sharing active under the Windows media player?

Media Player> Library> Media Sharing> Share My Media To> select the LX71 which should be shown in the list

Once it's turned on, you can then see the compatible devices on your network (from your computer) and allow access to them.

I know when I set up the DLNA stuff with my Pio LX70a BDP, I needed to activate it and share it before my BDP would see it. I'm using XP, never tried with Vista, maybe it's on by default?

Thx mate, I finally found the sharing on XP after some googling, its just as you said, pity i didnt have your advice before hand! My vista laptop is DLNA certified, so it found the AVR with no fiddling which surprised me.

Thx mate, I finally found the sharing on XP after some googling, its just as you said, pity i didnt have your advice before hand! My vista laptop is DLNA certified, so it found the AVR with no fiddling which surprised me.

Google is your friend! :)

It is a little surprising that Vista has sharing enabled by default. The way Vista handles security issues, I would have thought you would need to answer 10 questions, say yes 5 times, confirm all over again, and then finally share one music file.

glad you got it working.

Google is your friend! :)

It is a little surprising that Vista has sharing enabled by default. The way Vista handles security issues, I would have thought you would need to answer 10 questions, say yes 5 times, confirm all over again, and then finally share one music file.

glad you got it working.

Yip that's what i thought about vista. i think the DLNA thingy in my laptop maybe circumvented the vista nonsense.

finally i can call myself an ICE club member .... :) picked up the 71 today and no joke, it is a beast !

Interesting fact is that mine has a manufacture date of March 2009. Looks like Pioneer factories are working over time to fulfill orders....

finally i can call myself an ICE club member .... :) picked up the 71 today and no joke, it is a beast !

Interesting fact is that mine has a manufacture date of March 2009. Looks like Pioneer factories are working over time to fulfill orders....

Where did you manage to track one down and what price did you pay?

Cheers.

Where did you manage to track one down and what price did you pay?

Cheers.

This was an order that i placed with JB canberra back in mid Jan with full payment. And back then it was still available for that 14xx price that most of us had paid for it ... :) Looks like Pioneer contact centre is pretty accurate with shipping info of products. I called them up last month and was told there's a new shipment of 71s in mid April, and since i got mine yesterday that works out rite . Was also told that there's another shipment in Mid May :)

This was an order that i placed with JB canberra back in mid Jan with full payment. And back then it was still available for that 14xx price that most of us had paid for it ... :) Looks like Pioneer contact centre is pretty accurate with shipping info of products. I called them up last month and was told there's a new shipment of 71s in mid April, and since i got mine yesterday that works out rite . Was also told that there's another shipment in Mid May :)

Ahhh ok, thanks,

Due to the widespread unavailability of this model, I had assumed it was at end of life.

I see it is still on the JB website, but listed as out of stock. I will make some enquiries with them to see if it is available and at what cost.

guys,

does the 71 apply bass management onto the .1 or LFE signal ?

the reason i ask i because my whaffy sub does not have a x-over bypass switch and the highest point for the lowpass filter is 85Hz which is where it's at the moment.

Doing a bit more in-depth reading on LFE reveals that the signal range on this dedicated channel could extend all the way up to 120Hz for DD/DTS or even the full bandwidth for HD Audio ! ( though i assume it'd always be no more then 120Hz ) .

therefore in my case , if bass management is not done on the LFE , this could only mean i've been losing out the important bass range of 85Hz and above since those signal would be filtered out by the sub's xover.

Comments much appreciated guys......

guys,

does the 71 apply bass management onto the .1 or LFE signal ?

the reason i ask i because my whaffy sub does not have a x-over bypass switch and the highest point for the lowpass filter is 85Hz which is where it's at the moment.

Doing a bit more in-depth reading on LFE reveals that the signal range on this dedicated channel could extend all the way up to 120Hz for DD/DTS or even the full bandwidth for HD Audio ! ( though i assume it'd always be no more then 120Hz ) .

therefore in my case , if bass management is not done on the LFE , this could only mean i've been losing out the important bass range of 85Hz and above since those signal would be filtered out by the sub's xover.

Comments much appreciated guys......

yes

Ahhh ok, thanks,

Due to the widespread unavailability of this model, I had assumed it was at end of life.

I see it is still on the JB website, but listed as out of stock. I will make some enquiries with them to see if it is available and at what cost.

UPDATE: I managed to pick one of these up from JB Bondi new for $1550. Manufactured March '09. Last one they had. Bloody terrific!

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know if there are any of these left in Melbourne or anyone willing to sell?? Waiting on tax refund I've got an old Pioneer receiver at the moment which I am very happy with..

Mine's still available as above, been meaning to getting around to putting it on ebay but finding it hard to part with:)

G'day Zorq,

I just had mine delivered from Syd. When I was desperately looking around for one recently, there were none left in Vic according to JB's system and only a couple places left with them in stock, and thats not to say their system is accurate which it wasn;t with a couple of stores. I found 1 store in Syd with 1 left on the shelf and I had to bargain over the phone and get a friend to pick it up for me and send it down, he wasn;t happy mind you because they weigh a tonne. The thing is also, with not many of these left in store, and with Pioneer only manufacturing presale orders left before discontiuing, JB know of this and aren't easy to budge anymore even though I was able to bargain down quite significantly. If someone is willing to part with theirs at around the $1400 mark I would snap it up if you have ya heart set on this model otherwise just wait and extra months pay and grab yourself the 81.