Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)

Guest francishuang
5 hours ago, petetherock said:

Thanks to bro Francis

My friend got the LG82" for 3499 with a free BR player and some credits from AH.

I think he will pair it with the JBL Atmos 9.1

No problem boss. So far this guy prices for LG has been quite consistently the cheaper one

Am trying to convince my wife let me buy the Samsung 100", not the atas consumer kind. 100" commercial 4k panel. Playing mulit player nintendo switch games will be better. Haha

Let see how its goes. 

Edited by francishuang

[quote]松下位于山dao东的工厂每年生产液晶源电视机总量不到20万台bai,现已于2015年du1月30日停产。松下此后将委zhi托当地dao生产商改为贴牌生产OEM方式,并继续销售业务,以期摆脱电视机业务亏损现状... ...[/quote]

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1771359343858842340.html

from ODM now become OEM. Panasonic TVs may not be a good choice in coming years...

3 hours ago, YANG said:

The Q75 does draw my interests... However if i'm going for it, will hv to wait for my new place to get TOP... which is going to be another 10 mths to go...

Orler now by the time r place TOP just nice ah. Hoot liao. Mai tu ah. Life if jin short.  :} 

5 hours ago, Boxerfan88 said:

Hopefully their newer TV has proper EDID, unlike the Prism E55...

Looking forward to the field reports from owners...

Bro, can share more info on the EDID issue. I just hoot a 32” for my wife in the bedroom. I am also keen on the new Q75.

35 minutes ago, rayleh said:

Bro, can share more info on the EDID issue. I just hoot a 32” for my wife in the bedroom. I am also keen on the new Q75.

The E55 EDID isn’t proper. Seems to be missing CEA extension block, etc.  I am not sure about the technical details. Prism acknowledged the issue, couldn’t get the factory to fix it via firmware update, and gracefully offered to take the unit back.

It was discovered when the Zidoo Z9X cannot detect the E55 as a 4K TV. Whereas Z9X detected the W280 display as a 4K TV (the W280 is also a product from Prism).

I must say that Prism service is top notch, and highly responsive.

Edited by Boxerfan88

Sibeh jialat... 

1 day change of mainboard niah, today cannot boot again.

If it's really true that this new gens of Panasonic entry lvl makes are indeed made by SkyWorth, then it's really SkyWorth phucking up Panasonic gaogao!

23 hours ago, YANG said:

Sibeh jialat... 

If it's really true that this new gens of Panasonic entry lvl makes are indeed made by SkyWorth, then it's really SkyWorth phucking up Panasonic gaogao!

Tell them give u new tee bee ah. If not ask refund can bo. Whack xiaomi also song ah. Just hoot la mai tu ah. 

On 10/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, YANG said:

Sibeh jialat... 

How is it bro? 

Did they replace / repair? 

Yeah... The tech came today. Shared some tips on the possibility of why the TV shows a solid Red standby light and couldn't turn on. 

What he suggested, is the possibility of a HDMI connection where the fault can be on cable. So... I think i going to swap all the HDMI cables... Again. Duh...

23 minutes ago, YANG said:

Yeah... The tech came today. Shared some tips on the possibility of why the TV shows a solid Red standby light and couldn't turn on. 

What he suggested, is the possibility of a HDMI connection where the fault can be on cable. So... I think i going to swap all the HDMI cables... Again. Duh...

Make sure you turn off all connected components before you remove or plug in any HDMI cables...

• Thanks 1

Yep. Done that. For the moment shall be relying on just one player lo... All the way until i identify the problem one. The tech also mentioned that recent rains with thunder could also trigger the system to be not responsive. Sigh... Nowadays the components cannot take such slight spike on current meh? My 7yrs old 32incher can still lives until today ley!!!