Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

I for one never expected to get the discs from Sharkpond :P - I was more the opportunist, like the guy who takes a punt on the 100-1 shot on cup day and never expects it to pay off.

Dont take it too seriously guys as you havent lost anything, you just didnt get the bargain you hoped for.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, but haven't been bothered to match usernames to tales of woe... has anyone that has had their status move to 'Released to Warehouse' for any title then had a cancellation notice come through after that? I know we are not home free until a package actually arrives, but wondering what the final hurdle is for now.

Cheers,

Doc.

I for one never expected to get the discs from Sharkpond :P - I was more the opportunist, like the guy who takes a punt on the 100-1 shot on cup day and never expects it to pay off.

Dont take it too seriously guys as you havent lost anything, you just didnt get the bargain you hoped for.

yeah i know, wasn't really that worried,

didn't really think anyone has the buying power to sell BD movies at $10each

has anyone that has had their status move to 'Released to Warehouse' for any title then had a cancellation notice come through after that?

have just checked johnny boy's post, it seems anyone still in admin processing status may still get cancelled, I believed those who made it to stage 2 is still pending in warehouse stock check or has status changed to 'shipped'. Perhaps it would be wise to open a new fishpond success stories thread huh?

have just checked johnny boy's post, it seems anyone still in admin processing status may still get cancelled, I believed those who made it to stage 2 is still pending in warehouse stock check or has status changed to 'shipped'. Perhaps it would be wise to open a new fishpond success stories thread huh?

I think is about time the Fishpond obsession moved out of this thread - Yes

I think is about time the Fishpond obsession moved out of this thread - Yes

Don't see the problem. There have been previous sales that took pages. I remember one of the First Big W ones took a few pages. Success stories, claims of insufficient stock, bait advertising, tales of woe. All part and parcel of the thread.

Got a reply from Bigfish. They visited the forum and thanks to comments like Yorac's (sorry to be seen to be pointing the finger, just passing on the response) they are sure that people are happy with their response to the "mistake". Any orders honored are done so accidentally and every effort will be made to ensure this doesn't happen again and that incorrect orders are rectified.

Got a reply from Bigfish. They visited the forum and thanks to comments like Yorac's (sorry to be seen to be pointing the finger, just passing on the response) they are sure that people are happy with their response to the "mistake". Any orders honored are done so accidentally and every effort will be made to ensure this doesn't happen again and that incorrect orders are rectified.

So basically a big raspberry?

(Big W Online)

Just recieved 1 of my disks, Hellboy. So pretty impressed with postage time. They ship out of Abbotsford in melb so would expect it to be quick.

Abbotsford, hmm? Could it be run by the same company that does JB HiFi Online...?

Nope, there's another week on that sale as I type. The print catalogue says it runs until Wednesday 25th March.

Was it because these BigW titles could be loss leaders to get people in store, with only a few copies of each title available

Of course. That's Big W's standard bait-advertising working method.

Doesnt matter as wont be ordering from them again anyway, despite Yorac's view.

I ordered x-men3, matrix ultimate collection, AVP, and AVP2 from fishpond.... x-men3 and matrix got cancelled... meh, they could at least cancelled all of them.

fishpond is not really cheap now, the prices are back as normal.

• Volunteer

I had QoS on order with Fishpond (but not at the super cheap price) but considering it was sitting at the "scanned at the shelf" stage for over 24hrs I cancelled my order and picked it up locally today, their delivery times say 3-5 days from shipping and who knows how long it was going to be until it actually shipped, I want to watch it this weekend.

I'm not sure given the time it seems to take them to process an order that I will order from them again.

Edited by Kazz

Cancellations begin :-

Hi Paul,

We have found a pricing error for Ultimate Matrix Collection & X Men 3 & Quantum Of Solace & Mr And Mrs Smith & Rambo trilogy Box Set & Species in this order.

We have cancelled these titles from your order.

Despite our best efforts, occasionally pricing errors do occur and we have no choice but to cancel the product from your order

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Your paypal account will be refunded with $XXXX.

Kind Regards

Karen

Fishpond

I made some orders last night about 8.00PM

Ultimate MatriX 21.63

Mummy Trilogy 40.96

Rambo trilogy 33.33

Death Proof 18.41

Benders Game 18.20

Planet of the apes 18.41

X Men 3 9.96

Sunshine 21.98

Quantum of solace 18.41

I just got an email from fishpond stating pricing errors for Benders Game, Death Proof and Mummy trilogy and that these titles would be cancelled.

Lets see if they notice the other ones.

As expected - just got the lovely email from Karen as well. :)
What was that saying? When something is too good to be true........ :lol: :lol:

Hi Luke,

We have found a pricing error for Ultimate Matrix Collection (7 Disc) & Death Proof & Quantum Of Solace in this order.

Despite our best efforts, occasionally pricing errors do occur and we have no choice but to cancel the product from your order We apologise for the inconvenience.

Your paypal account will be refunded with $48.45.

Kind Regards

Karen

Fishpond

Customer Services Team

Got my order cancelled email. Looks like no one from DTV forum will be using them again.
I put in two orders with them, my first which was QoS, Death Proof, Matrix box - they've just sent me the email :(

Guessing same thing will happen with my larger second order too.

I ordered QUANTUM/ XMEN3 / ULT. MATRIX TRILOGY from the Fishy people last night and just got this reply about 1 hour ago...

------------

Hi,

We have found a pricing error for X Men 3 & Quantum Of Solace & Ultimate Matrix Collection in this order.

Despite our best efforts, occasionally pricing errors do occur and we have no choice but to cancel the product from your order

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Your paypal account will be refunded with $40.00

Kind Regards

Karen

----------------

so good luck...

Well here we go guys undoubtedly I will p!ss a few of you off here but a spade is a spade in my book.....

Fishpond: What did all of you who ordered seriously expect, fairly obvious last night that someone made a mistake with pricing and things went wacko, but what happened hey presto one person informed the rest here of a stuff up and let's all jump on board, it reminded me of the death of HD DVD and the vulture attitude that went on then.

Did one person here have the integrity to email them and say hey guys might be something wrong here?, we know the answer to that don't we.

No one on this forum can seriously tell me they knew the pricing was correct, but what the hell let's all be greedy and now when your informed of what was an obvious error it's time to have a cry about it. about time many of you got a grip and don't give me they should honor the prices crap, if this was your own business and you woke up to the magnitude of orders that this crowd did today would you firstly think gee look at all these orders we're getting, how wonderful or would you look deeper, most people here would know that these discs were below cost and they couldn't possibly be true so why bother and it would put them out of business to honor those prices, but did that stop anyone.

As has been stated if you don't want to shop there after this don't, but don't blame and flame them for making a mistake, btw did anyone order any of their overpriced stock? (with free shipping)JB didn't cop the crap I've seen here when they sold most of their HD DVD fire sale stock overseas.

IMHO the forums hit a new low last night and today and here is the guest book for it, The Blu ray bargains thread......

and you can all flame me however you want, said my piece here and will not respond......

edit = grammar underlined

Wow look at all those cancellations before my post, they can see into the future as well.......

I'd send them an email but they would know it was coming so I won't waste my time, no finger pointing my anus, looks like it from here

Wow look at all those cancellations before my post, they can see into the future as well.......

I'd send them an email but they would know it was coming so I won't waste my time, no finger pointing my anus, looks like it from here

ease it out brother.

everyone went into this deal expecting nothing. well, thats wt they said when they took it up atleast.

no use of anyone having a dig at you ....

ease it out brother.

everyone went into this deal expecting nothing. well, thats wt they said when they took it up atleast.

no use of anyone having a dig at you ....

and truth be told there is a lot of "Pot, Kettle, Black" going around lately