Velodyne set to make big waves with new Deep Blue Subwoofer range

amazing ! 50mm ! front baffle and 25mm sides ! and good to see grunty amps and compact sealed designs.

should give the likes of SVS and REL a good bit of competition looking at the pricing :) 

my two Velodyne DDs are still amazing subs which is amazing as it is given how old they are ! clean, tight, controlled and go deep and yet punch hard making them very good for both music and movies... a rare quality still in subs. good to see velodyne continuing this with this new series at what looks like affordable pricing :) 

• Like 1

Something to consider replacing my spl1200 one day ; dropped the price nicely without the auto PEQ:)they need a proofreader though for this successor :$

Available in 8”, 10”, 12” and 15” these new DB subwoofer lineup is the predecessor of the successful SPL I series, a very small form factor closed box design.

These are quite interesting, though they seem quite light, is that still something worth considering when trying to determine if a sub is "quality"? My 12" sealed sub must weigh 30-40kgs, whereas this is coming in at 13kg. Does that mean anything?

The square meter size makes all the difference ;dont worry velodyne know all about rigidity and baffle thickness when it comes to low distortion in a sub  . Not to mention the over construction of the  voice coil and magnet controlling the cone ..

Its a matter of how low you want the freq range to go ; under 20hz requires a big box ; a big cone to move lots of air and maybe a  port tuned to a certain frequency . This is a nice slow rolloff on the 15 inch ;

23 - 120 Hz (± 3dB)

• Like 1