WTB SME 3009 Series 3 Tonearm

Mr Vintage

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Holland Park
State: Queensland
Payment Method:
Reason for selling: Wanted to Buy

Further information: 

Hi all, 

I’m interested in buying an SME S3 Tonearm. 

Feel free to get in touch if you have or know someone looking at selling.

Its going on a Thorens however, will consider another brand that also works well on a suspended deck.

With or without Cart is fine.

Price listed is a guide. Will negotiate upon application. 
Cheers!

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

Now that’s just plain cruel! Next you’ll tell me the deck alone was worth $950! Hehehe. I’ll happily take a deck with one of the price is right. There is an S model but i’d prefer the full Monty version. Cheers. 

@Mr Vintage There’s an SME arm on this SL120 that looks like a 3009 to me but I’m not an expert and it will probably need a lot of work if it is.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324280770858

If you buy it for the arm, I’ll take the deck off you to play with :) 

EDIT: having a look, it might be a series 1 or 2?

Edited by RankStranger

46 minutes ago, Mr Vintage said:

Now that’s just plain cruel! Next you’ll tell me the deck alone was worth $950! Hehehe. I’ll happily take a deck with one of the price is right. There is an S model but i’d prefer the full Monty version. Cheers. 

It was the s .Attached to a td160super.  I have a series 2 fixed head shell if you get desperate ;)

I have a brand new SME Series 111 and  FIdelity Research FR14 silver wiring never installed. Years ago was to be installed on a Linn but never got around to it. Lost the cover but everything in the foam box still inside. Message if you are interested in a brand new one.1093574843_SME111IMG_1588.thumb.JPG.c733ff92eaf67fb1762e497f756451ec.JPG64925087_SME111IMG_1587.thumb.JPG.d819ecd7ccaa3cbf175f83d40469e64a.JPG

Spoiler

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Vintage said:

Hi RankStranger,

Its a Series 1 on that deck and yeh, it looks like it’s seen better days.

I’ll keep an eye on it. I’d say all bids are for the arm. 

It's actually a Series 2 improved, so a late model. The rider weight arm goes through a black attachment where it joins the arm. Earlier arms had the rider weight arm attach through the smaller silver balance weight.

image.png.446558041c566daf2e8f2a1f1fceca80.png

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Yeh had a read and it does get a good rap. Not many come up for sale so parts may be harder to source than the SME arms? Not sure. 

I’m happy enough with the sound I get from my other deck with a Series 2 and V15III on it and as always with HiFi, so many parts to make up a whole and the never ending persuit for better sound! Especially from Vintage gear. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Vintage said:

Hi mate,

Yeh had a read and it does get a good rap. Not many come up for sale so parts may be harder to source than the SME arms? Not sure. 

I’m happy enough with the sound I get from my other deck with a Series 2 and V15III on it and as always with HiFi, so many parts to make up a whole and the never ending persuit for better sound! Especially from Vintage gear. 

Just a few years ago, they were plenty. I sold three of them cheaply. I didn't know that they were that good. I dismissed a German review that compares it favourably to an EMT, I think. Now there are more reviews. They do have a problem- the bottom 'plastic' hoider tends to break.

Edited by net
More information.

On 08/09/2020 at 6:20 PM, RankStranger said:

@Mr Vintage There’s an SME arm on this SL120 that looks like a 3009 to me but I’m not an expert and it will probably need a lot of work if it is.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324280770858

If you buy it for the arm, I’ll take the deck off you to play with :) 

EDIT: having a look, it might be a series 1 or 2?

This sold for $401. Not bad, but the SME did look like she’d seen better days. Still a bit of a bargain as they’ll only go up in value. 

• Like 1