Custom made entertainment unit (Perth)

Hi all,

I’m hoping this is the right place to post this thread.

My partner and I are looking for a new entertainment unit to hold a turntable, integrated amp and CD Transport, Blu-Ray player and a PS4. We’d like all of the devices to be inside the cabinet so they can be hidden away when not in use. 

Is there anyone in Perth who knows of any cabinet makers that make custom made furniture. I know of living edge and rough furniture but I’m not sure if there are others out there worth contacting.

We’d like to have at least three separate spaces to store the audio/video equipment. For the middle section we’d like to store a turntable and would like this section to have a lid so we can open when using the turntable. In the other two sections, one would contain an integrated amplifier and a CD transport unit, and the other one would house the Blu-Ray player and PS4. Here’s a sketch of what we’re looking for.

I’ll be trawling this thread for inspiration, but feel free to share your setup if you have something similar to what we’re looking for.

Many thanks

15B9E83E-6C78-42F1-9552-9DEA2E145D01.jpeg

Sounds silly but, enquire into the built in robe companies. They quite often do custom home / office pieces also, find one with good examples on their website.

The custom design is easy for them, the hard part is finding a company with the type of cabinet and finish that you like to suit that area.

• Like 1

Hi Little Joe,

We had this made in Darwin, my wife modelled the look on a Peachtree amp.  

Some features of note:

* used toughened glass shelving as much thinner than wood and strong, has worked well 

* large open space at back for circulation

* perforated fronts for airflow and remote control (not all work)

* cutouts between top 3 compartments so interconnects can run between components. 

* heavy duty sliding drawers (Lots of records are heavy)

It was made in 2 parts the white inner part is a stand alone box and it was bought into the house separately and slid into the outer laminex shell and then screwed in. It us very heavy and cannot be moved when hi-fi and records are in there. 

3DCEBE64-C66B-44CB-8EFF-E8A7C0C84F87.jpeg

2FE9D2EA-6C3B-4A50-AA0E-A971B01962FD.jpeg

6B8C3309-D9B9-41F3-B064-236809E2E544.jpeg

A667A332-31A4-4175-9DF7-F4D96BDD0B8D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @KRSDarwin. I like your cabinet. It definitely gives me something to think about. 

Thanks for the suggestion @dlr. I've not thought about checking out built in robe companies. Will see what's about in WA.

I'm hoping to have the TT on top but my partner would prefer it to be stored inside the cabinet.