FS: Chane A2rx-c Loudspeakers

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Monterey
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup, EFT
Reason for selling: Downsizing

Further information: I imported these directly from Chane Music in US. Originally was using them in my stereo setup and then as home theatre fronts. They are in excellent condition and present very well. Only being sold due to space constraints. They are priced so as to hopefully go to a good home. 

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/

As reviewed in the Home Theatre Shack:

The A2rx-c is a two-way loudspeaker, featuring twin 5 1/4 inch woofers with XBL2 technology a two-way crossover with baffle step compensation and a 3 inch planar magnetic tweeter located between in an MTM (midwoofer/tweeter/midwoofer) configuration. This helps maintain the axis of the forward lobe, keeping it on center with the tweeter. The large surface area of the tweeter significantly lowers distortion, keeping driver excursion to a minimum.

Gold plated binding posts offer detents for "gription" (a fun nonword learned from my father) to tighten down on your choice of, or lack of, cable termination. The planar leaf tweeter is also the voice coil, an arrangement whose simplicity allows for quick starts and stops due to the transducer's extremely low moving mass. Housed in a sturdy, nondescript Black Ash PVC vinyl wrapped cabinet, the A2rx-c forgoes a fancy finish, focusing instead upon the high performance parts contained within.

The Chane A2rx-c is a budget speaker, so resolution is a little lower than many mega-buck speakers. That said, nothing I've experienced in its price range or under is going to better its resolution and clarity. If you want that last little bit of resolution, then you will have to spend more, likely a lot more. Fit and finish is high, so even if this speaker sounded average, the A2rx-c would be a great value based on build quality alone. Add in the exemplary, class leading sound and its value skyrockets. On that note, I will also add, the Chane A2rx-c takes on many mega-buck speakers, posing the question, "Why spend more?". Is the A2rx-c the greatest speaker in the world? No, but I feel it is one of the world's great speakers at its price.

Photos: 

597C27CA-9C65-4E74-B382-A8FF78B7D0F4.jpeg

DE7D4198-9B06-4ED3-9DE2-C0CDD0B60311.jpeg

DF0C1386-4A01-4A05-A34A-34A9891755C3.jpeg

C014CD44-06C8-434D-9114-12E9EB453D55.jpeg

828EE81B-672C-405F-8058-A1F49BA586C0.jpeg

1659833D-7A03-4B5B-B5FC-6239E95697D1.jpeg