EV Interface foam tweeter surround

Hi All,

Following this thread as I too have a pair of 80s EV interfaces in need of some love, including the tweeter foam.

Mine were powered by a Harman Kardon PM660 amp back in the day.  Still have it gathering dust in the garage. 

Jeff.

• Like 1

There seems to be quite a bit of interest about these foam lenses, but sadly due to 'Lock down' restrictions there is a delay in the progression of the quest. But progress is being made, I am told. I will post about these things after they have been tried and tested. Shouldn't be too much longer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rightio folks. After much impatience and longing the grand old EV Interface 2 Series II superdomes have had the acoustic lense foams manufactured and fitted by Dick at Open Ear Audio in the Covid capital of Australia, Melbourne. Open Ear Audio website link.

Now, they don't have the same aesthetic outside chamfer of the outside of the outer foam as the originals but, so long as a they do their job I DGAF.

Thanks to Dick for his hard work and feretting around & a lot of research/testing on his part, I am pleased with the results. He will be stocking them for all those in need.

This is what the end result looks like. 

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

• Like 2

• 7 months later...