***REDUCED *** CD Burners, Professional Quality - For the Audiophile

Item: New Zealand
Price: $550 each 
Item Condition: Used but totally functional
Reason for selling: Finished the task I brought them for
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank deposit
Extra Info: 

Price Reduced, these are now incredible value.

I have 4 of these for sale, they were in used condition when I purchased them and are renowned for being the work-horse of the professional Audio Industry.

These are the best CD burners you can buy, as the make an exact audiophile copy of any CD, regardless of any copy encryption.  These are also a great CD transport and perfect for using as a CD player by themselves.

They were made by Pioneer's commercial division and then re-badge as Otari, HHB or Fostex, but they are all the same machine internally.

They are incredibly well build and designed to be longstanding as well as heavy duty. They are shielded with a full copper chassis, even the screws used are copper.

They all utilize the pioneer stable platter system making them a great stand alone CD player also.

I have used these to back up my extensive CD collection, but they are ideal for anyone wanting to turn their vinyl into CD's, having a high quality Analogue to Digital converter built in as standard.

All parts are still available today, and even though there is a lot of life in these yet, they are totally serviceable in the future.

I run a very high end audio system and have done back to back recordings on a computer and on these, and then done an A/B comparison, and well the reality is there is no comparison. The copy has more detail, and contrast.

They copy in real time, so you can also listen while making a copy.

These will produce a copy which displays all the same characteristics of the original and it is clearly noticeable. Forget making a copy on a computer, this is the only way you want to do it if the best quality is what you want.

These are also ideal for anyone wanting to turn any live recording into an audio CD.

One other major feature of these is that they will burn to any data CD, it doesn't have to be the more expensive audio CD. 

Also once you have made a copy, you can if you wish add copy protection so they cannot be further copied. (except on one of these)

These are all 120v (they never made any 240v) and have been used with step down transformers with no issues. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20191124_161738.jpg

20191124_161604.jpg

20191124_161554.jpg

Edited by Mickey1
price reduced
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mickey1 said:

and then done an A/B comparison, and well the reality is there is no comparison. The copy has more detail, and contrast.

And it makes sense, for copying CDs in digital domain corrects errors caused by manufacturing process (there are from about tens of them to over a million of errors on a pressed CD).

Most people idea of copying comes from analogue days where each subsequent copy was deteriorating the signal (data).

With CD standard which has two stage error correction built in, the first copy is better than original (error free) and each subsequent is the same as the previous.

I myself always used Plextors and have box full of these burners. I prefer to play CD-Rs, which additionally to what has been said above by Mickey1, let you add CD-Text to them prior to burning process. With exception of 2 discs, they all still play well and they play on any CD player which is capable of playing CD-Rs.

And I would love to get that Otari unit if it wasn't outside my budget.

GLWTS.

Edited by rockeater
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, rockeater said:

And it makes sense, for copying CDs in digital domain corrects errors caused by manufacturing process (there are from about tens of them to over a million of errors on a pressed CD).

Paul Miller from HiFi News proved it with a series of tests and measurements. The phenomenon was referred to as Generation Gain.

• Like 1