Celebrating the Double Live Album on vinyl.

7 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

You’ve just cost me $100...

The best $100 you will spend.  Many people I speak with who own this don't like the Ravi Shankar side, but I think it is an amazing piece of music, I love the way the tension builds up to the climax at the end with the sudden ending.  If he was playing an electric guitar and not a sitar people would have been raving about him being Hendrix's equal.

2 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

The best $100 you will spend.  Many people I speak with who own this don't like the Ravi Shankar side, but I think it is an amazing piece of music, I love the way the tension builds up to the climax at the end with the sudden ending.  If he was playing an electric guitar and not a sitar people would have been raving about him being Hendrix's equal.

It’s another from my childhood, dad used to play this one, but it had slipped off my ‘re-acquisition’ radar!

Do you know which pressing are decent as a go to, and how’s the Aussie? (Trawling Discogs looking for one atm).

Edited by furtherpale

1 minute ago, furtherpale said:

It’s another from my childhood, dad used to play this one, but it had slipped off my ‘re-acquisition’ radar!

Do you know which pressing are decent as a go to, and how’s the Aussie? (Trawling Discogs looking for one atm).

My copy is an original Aussie, I recall opening it under the Christmas tree.  Was actually disappointed, as my sister got Tull's Living in the Past which I would have preferred.  But I didn't mind, one I heard the Bangladesh album.  I can tell you that my original is not great quality, having been played to death on a portable record player with a ceramic cartridge.  I would think an Aussie pressing would be quite good, it had a lovely presentation with the book in the box (with the disks in the standard Aust poly inner sleeves).

• Like 1

On 22/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, audiofeline said:

My copy is an original Aussie, I recall opening it under the Christmas tree.  Was actually disappointed, as my sister got Tull's Living in the Past which I would have preferred.  But I didn't mind, one I heard the Bangladesh album.  I can tell you that my original is not great quality, having been played to death on a portable record player with a ceramic cartridge.  I would think an Aussie pressing would be quite good, it had a lovely presentation with the book in the box (with the disks in the standard Aust poly inner sleeves).

Awesome... shall have a hunt around for a NM, might get out for far less than $100!

Edited by furtherpale

20 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

I didn’t like the Ravi bit

I actually saw George Harrison in Vancouver about 74 or 75 

It was the first Stop of his American tour

I guess it sounds silly now but it was a real thrill to be at a concert with a Beatle and I was hyper

George came on first and it was a bit slow but it really started to get really good he stopped and went off stage and Ravi and his band came on

It completely killed that rock n roll thrill and it never really came back after Ravi went off and George came back on to finish

Still I got to actually see a real live Beatle

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this live double album, which is part of the new Go-Betweens box set, which came out in December. Previously unreleased, and- so it says- the only 24 track recording of them live. Hence it sounds so much better than all the radio broadcasts and bootlegs that I have heard before. Don't even need tone controls to make it sound good @awty!

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

• Like 1