Well...I've ordered one.....

9 hours ago, andyr said:

Very interesting, Tase.  :thumb:

Tell us how it goes, after you've got it.

But ... does it need running in??  :lol:

Andy

...not to sure about that....but...

...can be used either side up....:P

Tase.

9 hours ago, Demondes said:

Is that to buff the car? 

at that speed you'd be stripping paint....:wacko:...and heating ya panel up way  too much....Oh dear!!!

Edited by Tasebass
  • Haha 1

Collaro is an old name in British turntables.  They made portable 78 players, then record-changers.  Their turntables can be found many console units.  In the 1960's they made some turntables which were considered to be "the poor-man's Garrard 301", sold at a slightly lower pricepoint.  I've heard one of these (with an updated tonearm), and they indeed are under-rated for the quality they produce. 

I'm not sure about a felt mat, many people feel that they are not as good as rubber, cork, and other more solid alternatives.

1 hour ago, audiofeline said:

I'm not sure about a felt mat, many people feel that they are not as good as rubber, cork, and other more solid alternatives.

Just now, GregWormald said:

I prefer a mat that won't collect and store dust.

So Linn must be totally wrong, given they have always provided a felt mat with their TTs?  :P

Andy

20 hours ago, GregWormald said:

I still have my original rubber Linn mat.?

Wow!  My LP12 (bought in ~1979) came with a felt mat - yours was obviously even older!  :)

20 hours ago, GregWormald said:

Then they went to felt. They said it sounded better. I guess that was before the modern plastic foams--which is what I have now. I have trialled felt, suede, rubber, and...

Have also been through all of what you listed.  Including several types of plastic foam.  :)

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Mat arrived early in the week ....Jury's still out as to the improvements on my Linn TT .....

IMG_0644.thumb.jpg.34de782a417046204582b7c83b6806f6.jpg

However......

I replaced the Mat that came with the PLX 1000...( not the rubber one ) and the improvements in SQ was immediately obvious as the noise floor dropped by some margin...

Literally the sound stage has just "opened up"...and quite palpably too..

It's got me scratching my head TBH....:ohmy:

IMG_0648.thumb.jpg.1cc194e734983db841d43c3de76f9698.jpg

Tase.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Very interested to read the results on a LP12 from those taking the plunge.

Also wondered if anyone has tried to "clocking" thingo as described on their website. 

Any of this work or just hokus pokus?

11 minutes ago, rodders3 said:

Very interested to read the results on a LP12 from those taking the plunge.

Also wondered if anyone has tried to "clocking" thingo as described on their website. 

Any of this work or just hokus pokus?

No its not.

I have several platters that I have "clocked" Some have really benefited more than others.

I use the quarter turn or 90degree method ..i.e. mark the outer and inner platter have a listen then move the outer one quarter turn place back on and listen again...repeat the process as often as you like using different degrees if you wish. Once set mark the inner/outer platter with a marker or tape...

Have fun Tase. 

• Like 1