Installing Windows 10 over the top on win 7

41 minutes ago, stereo coffee said:

Your answer is here, it works on everything    https://www.libreoffice.org

LibreOffice Calc is probably sufficient for many people doing routine stuff..

Go for it.  I won't.  Advanced features of Excel are not supported, including advanced data analysis (I can't see regression) and ability to support advanced statistical (eg, principal component analysis) and neural technology add-ins.

Fail.  There are others who may wish to connect to an SQL server and write queries to access data sets is simple for Excel.  Good luck attempting that with Calc.

It does NOT work on everything.  I like to get facts correct, and if I don't I am happy to be corrected.

34 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

LibreOffice Calc is probably sufficient for many people doing routine stuff..

Go for it.  I won't.  Advanced features of Excel are not supported, including advanced data analysis (I can't see regression) and ability to support advanced statistical (eg, principal component analysis) and neural technology add-ins.

Fail.  There are others who may wish to connect to an SQL server and write queries to access data sets is simple for Excel.  Good luck attempting that with Calc.

It does NOT work on everything.  I like to get facts correct, and if I don't I am happy to be corrected.

Libre Office is available for  Windows, Linux, both .deb and .rpm  Mac, and there is a viewer for Android,

so pretty universal alluding to my comment it works on everything.  As for SQL server, not an area

I am familiar with, but  a  question and answer about this is here :    

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/108842/connect-calc-to-a-mysql/

8 hours ago, stereo coffee said:

Try it for a few days and report back, as there is nothing like actual experience..

Yeah.............that's what people having been telling us since 1992 and every time it has been a waste of time.

I think it's a bit like the Green Kool Aid................