Kiwi Record Cleaning Machine "Group Buy" & Discussion

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first city of entry is

Melbourne

Then mail is directed to other capital cities

Then to the next largest regional centre closest to you, or within the same city

Then delivery to you

I expect Brisbane delivery will be tomorrow

FR

The Kiwi RCM has landed in Brisbane

When I had a closer look at the box with lots of stickers on it

Customs had opened and had a look inside

I wander if any SNA members work at Brisbane customs & knew it was the RCM and decided to have a look

Anyway they left me a note that it was opened & inspected

I will un-box it properly tomorrow

So far I only had a quick look to check that all items were there

FR

When I had a closer look at the box with lots of stickers on it

Customs had opened and had a look inside

FR

Well, that's because Brissie is a major port of entry for drugs, right? :confused:

Regards,

Andy

Mmm still waiting here in Canberra, hope it hasn't gone bye bye's with no tracking and no insurance!! Can't believe anyone would ship a $400 bit of kit with no insurance, I had assumed it was, but no that would cost money.

Since I have organised this Group Buy I feel a little responsible

If your Kiwi RCM is lost or god forbid stolen then

I am willing to take a loss & give you my unit, no questions asked

FR

FR, yes, you (perhaps naively?) organised it - and for that I thank you. :confused:

But you shouldn't take the hit - if there is one.

As I understand it (from previous posts), NZ$75 would have been paid in VAT (15%). We didn't have to pay that, being overseas buyers.

The price on the postage sticker on my box is $38 - ie. NZ$38. It would therefore seem there was enough "spare" in the VAT-allowance to include insurance ... alternatively, we "foreigners" should have paid about NZ$35 less than local buyers?

Regards,

Andy

FR you are stupidly generous.

Mine still hasn't arrive but I suppose that is expected being in a small country town. And no it isn't hiding at the post office... I don't have a mail box so if I want my mail I walk into the shop and get it over the counter. It's a small town so I don't even have to say who I am or show ID, he just hands me the mail and laughs when I cuss for not getting the parcels I want.

Folks,

The units are insured, and I stand behind the product AND the shipping. FR, you are very generous but there is no need for you to take any steps to support the group buy other than the effort you have already put in to organize this.

I sincerely apologize for the length of time it is taking for these to make their way across Australia. I have no explanation as to why it has taken so long for them to migrate out from Melbourne. They were all shipped on the same day and you all received an email from me on the same day with shipping advice.

If anyone is concerned about not having received your RCM to date, then I am more than happy to refund your payment pending delivery and you can repay when it arrives. For anyone that has run a small business using PayPal you will understand that this comes at a significant processing expense but I am more than content to eat this to maintain reputation.

Unfortunately there have also been a couple damaged in shipping. I am disappointing and amazed by this as with both units there have been big holes whacked in the sides of the units. It takes some serious abuse to knock a hole in 6mm acrylic so have absolutely no idea how or why this would have happened. Particularly since I worked with a packaging company and took their advice in regards to the bubble wrap and cartons used.

However this is my issue not yours. I have already committed to both parties with damaged units to replace them, and as said above stand behind the product and shipping.

So, if anyone has the slightest concern about not having recieved their units, please PM me and I will give you a full refund pending delivery. I trust the SNA members to then make payment when the units arrive.

Cheers

Ralph

I have stayed out of this thread and have not read any of it. REBNZ I would like to draw your attention to the Commercial Member Policy which states that you are not allowed to link to your website from your signature. I have removed the link. Please make sure you take a close look at the policy.

I can see that the group buy was organized by an SNA member and that you joined the forum to facilitate communication. This is OK with me.

FR, yes, you (perhaps naively?) organised it - and for that I thank you. :)

But you shouldn't take the hit - if there is one.

As I understand it (from previous posts), NZ$75 would have been paid in VAT (15%). We didn't have to pay that, being overseas buyers.

The price on the postage sticker on my box is $38 - ie. NZ$38. It would therefore seem there was enough "spare" in the VAT-allowance to include insurance ... alternatively, we "foreigners" should have paid about NZ$35 less than local buyers?

Regards,

Andy

thankyou my point all along. Also, having had a look at the charges on the NZ post website the difference to send these items with tracking and quickly (as opposed to what we got) was about $10 per unit from what I could see. People can draw there own conclusions. I accept and am relieved that these items are insured although for the life of me I couldn't find where it mentioned that in the thread. Having said all that I and others who are yet to receive their hopefully intact units ( god forbid mine is broken, I don't want to go through this again) I appreciate the efforts by REBNZ to allay any fears by offering a refund. All I can say is paying a bit more for a DECENT shipping service would have avoided all this nonsense.

Folks,

Unfortunately there have also been a couple damaged in shipping. I am disappointing and amazed by this as with both units there have been big holes whacked in the sides of the units. It takes some serious abuse to knock a hole in 6mm acrylic so have absolutely no idea how or why this would have happened. Particularly since I worked with a packaging company and took their advice in regards to the bubble wrap and cartons used.

Ralph

You would be amazed how things are shipped sometimes. There was a thread on this a while ago and someone mentioned that they had speakers which he received (luckily they were ok) but the box had 2 holes which were obviously put there by a forklift which missed the bottom of the pallette. I understand that transporting goods can be difficult but postal services and couriers do this for a living and it is truly amazing how badly they sometimes do it. There is no excuse for breaking something made of 6mm acrylic.

Hopefully those who are still waiting will get a nice surprise soon. I do remember getting a turntable via eBay and it took a week and a half from Sydney to Melbourne. Post can be quite inconsistent. Even express post can be inconsistent.

The machine works well so at least it is worth waiting for.

DS

Guest yamaha_man

Been corresponding with Ralph for the last couple of days. Dave (chickenism) came over yesterday to clean some records and upon inspection of the RCM we found a huge hole in the side of it. Ralph was more than willing to help and upon recieving a photo of the damage he has offered to give me a full refund and let me keep the damaged unit. How anyone can complain about the service is beyond me.

Thanks Ralph! :)

Been corresponding with Ralph for the last couple of days. Dave (chickenism) came over yesterday to clean some records and upon inspection of the RCM we found a huge hole in the side of it. Ralph was more than willing to help and upon recieving a photo of the damage he has offered to give me a full refund and let me keep the damaged unit. How anyone can complain about the service is beyond me.

Thanks Ralph! :)

I have only been a lurker here. Would like to buy one of these at a later date.

My lurking tells me that FR has done an amazing job and that REBNZ provides excellent service.

I also know what it is like to wait for a hi-fi goodie. Last year I was waiting patiently for a power amp from the UK and, when I finally chased it up, found that it had been sitting at the courier depot for a week as they do not deliver to a PO Box. Doh!

Thanks Ralph!

Yes, I agree Yammie,

Ralph has been as courteous a man as I have dealt with over emails & I believe he has treated us extremely well during this group buy. I've just had a cd take 3weeks from the US & that surprised me. It was not the sellers fault.

The RCM is worth the wait. It does make the record surfaces look like brand new again & for the price, I consider it a real bargain. Many of my records are over 30 years old & have been played on some pretty ordinary gear in the past. The cleaned wax also sounds so much better as the highs are sparkling & the bass more solid I've found. I also feel that my recently retipped stylus will last much longer for the lack of grunge in the groove.

A big thanks to Ralph & FR for organising this fantastic group buy.

cheers,

Mikey

Ok. About 30 records down now & developing a technique. I have good, clean, fresh rainwater at the tap so I've stopped fussing about distilled water. First step-soak records in the sink. 3-5 minutes, with luke warm water & enough dishwashing detergent to wash up. Wash the records with a clean shamois then rinse well under running tap water. Put lp's in a rack to nearly air dry. Step 2- Spray record with isopropyl, then with water/isoprol (2:1), clean records on the rotating RCM using the supplied pad,(I do use the pad to actually clean the record rather than just applying the fluid), then apply suction til "dry". Follow this up with pure water clean & suction. Turn over & repeat. Place record in rack to air dry. Because I have soaked the labels, they take longer to dry than the playing surface. I'm putting all washed records in new sleeves. The good records are coming out near perfect, even better than new with some. The abused (not by me) or damaged records are at least playable now. As I mentioned earlier, the highs are so much sweeter & I feel good about not putting gunk on my newly retipped stylus. I was using to much suction initially & have opened the "window" a bit so as not to wear out the pads on the arm & the motor so quickly. Have fun lads, Mikey.

Maybe we can do another listing of who has received theirs and who hasn't. People can put their City and Yes or No and we might see a pattern emerge.

1] Full Range - paid Brisbane Yes

2] Rockford - paid Sydney - No

3] DR Goodvibe - paid Melbourne Yes

4] DarrenW - paid

5] Dirty - paid Melbourne Yes

6] vinyladdict - paid Canberra No

7] Spotter - paid Melbourne Yes

9] ngquan - paid

10 AndyR - paid Melbourne Yes

12] mickey d - paid Kempsey, NSW Yes

13] diesel459 - paid Melbourne Yes

15] shailesh - paid