Logitech Media Server issues.

Hi just upgraded from Windoz 7 to 10 .

Uninstalled and then reinstalled LMS and re-scanned everything.

Having issues with LMS as now it won't display any information on the page. No artists or music info at all 

The ipeng app is fine.

At a wits end.

Win 10 tightens security a lot more than Win 7.  What is not working, can you please be more explicit. 

- can you see LMS from browser? Tried several browsers?

- where is library?

If iPeng App is fine, what is the problem?

Don't have lots of LMS knowledge per se, but hopefully can tease more info so that others can step in.

The LMS page on the puter opens up but it is not populated with the regular information on the left side of the page eg artists, albums, favourites etc.

The library is on an external HD.

Mine drops out every now and then (SBT). I ‘map’ the NAS drive and point the SBT at the mapped drive files and boom, away the fully sick Sansui shed system goes again ?...until it has another brain fart ?

On 19/07/2019 at 5:56 PM, Jeddie said:

Have you pointed LMS to your library?  Go to PC, open LMS > Settings > Basic settings > Media folders

Have you checked this??

Edited by Jeddie

18 hours ago, joz said:

It seems our computer is the culprit as is playing up.

when connected to another computer it all works well 

Yeah, until it doesn't. Haha!!

Sorry. A pessimist is an optimist with experience. :D

My SBT couldn't 'see' the NAS again on the weekend, the NAS also comes and goes from the network.

Am going to rip all to a little 2TB Seagate and plug the bastard straight into the back of the SBT.

So there.

19 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Am going to rip all to a little 2TB Seagate and plug the bastard straight into the back of the SBT.

@Darren69

I thought you couldn't do this as the 'Tiny LMS' is not considered very good? I have read this in the Logictech SBT forums.

48 minutes ago, Jeddie said:

@Darren69

I thought you couldn't do this as the 'Tiny LMS' is not considered very good? I have read this in the Logictech SBT forums.

OK, haven't tried it yet.

Logitech seem to think it is do-able, time will tell. :)

https://www.logitech.com/assets/32039/squeezeboxtouch-qsg.pdf

All of course useless to Jozz, was just remonstrating about the sometimes-weirdness of digital.

Aah the joys.

But I’ve pinched on of my kids laptops  loaded LMS and plugged it in elsewhere on the network.

Happy Days( until it isn’t) 

@Darren69 I totally agree !

• Like 2

Just now, Darren69 said:

What does that mean? 

In your router settings, you can configure certain devices to use a static IP address as opposed to a dynamic one meaning that the 192.168.0.x address of your NAS never changes.

I use static IP addresses for all devices that are connected to my network.

Just now, Mr_Orange said:

In your router settings, you can configure certain devices to use a static IP address as opposed to a dynamic one meaning that the 192.168.0.x address of your NAS never changes.

I use static IP addresses for all devices that are connected to my network.

Ah ok. So I double click into the router under ‘network ‘ and check the settings. I would need info from the NAS?

3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Ah ok. So I double click into the router under ‘network ‘ and check the settings. I would need info from the NAS?

No, you would log into the router using its IP address, which would normally be 192.168.0.1. Default log in details are normally (but not always) user:admin and password:password.

There will be a whole bunch of settings depending on the router.

You normally assign Static IPs using the MAC address of the specific device. You'll be able to get this from the information screen of your NAS.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

@Darren69

Hello Darren,

I suggest that you download Softperfect WiFiGuard here https://www.softperfect.com/products/wifiguard/ (don't worry, it works on wired networks as well, Windows, Mac and Linux compatible), run it to check just what you can see connected on your network.

Each of the devices connected should appear in a list in WiFiGuard, make a note of each of the devices IP address (if  you want to keep them the same) as well as the MAC address (hardware number of the ethernet card).

Once you have these details especially the MAC address of each device, you can then get into your router and setup what are called static IP addresses, also called DHCP entries or something like that.

You will need to have some knowledge of your router to set these, not hard to do though.

You enter the IP address you want for each device, then enter the MAC address so that when it starts up it will, if not setup for a static IP address on the device, get the same "known" (static) IP address every time it starts.

If this is static IP address allocation is not set in the router, the DHCP server in the router can and will probably (Murphy's law) provide each device with a different IP address each time it starts and asks for an IP address from the routers DHCP server.

You should be able to enter a description or name of the devices (good idea) on your network at the same time.

Check, if you know how (?) that you have only one DHCP server running, it is possible that a NAS (in the settings) or another device (unlikely, but possible) can be a DHCP server as well as the router, that can cause all sorts of funnies, along with headaches trying to sort it out.

Once that setting up is all done in the router, I suggest that you also setup each networked device connected with the same IP address you allocated to them on the router.

Then after you are satisfied with your settings (double check), restart all your devices including the router so that they all conform to your settings.

You know my number, happy to try and help.

Russell.

• Love 1

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, soundbyte said:

@Darren69

Hello Darren,

I suggest that you download Softperfect WiFiGuard here https://www.softperfect.com/products/wifiguard/ (don't worry, it works on wired networks as well, Windows, Mac and Linux compatible), run it to check just what you can see connected on your network.

Each of the devices connected should appear in a list in WiFiGuard, make a note of each of the devices IP address (if  you want to keep them the same) as well as the MAC address (hardware number of the ethernet card).

Once you have these details especially the MAC address of each device, you can then get into your router and setup what are called static IP addresses, also called DHCP entries or something like that.

You will need to have some knowledge of your router to set these, not hard to do though.

You enter the IP address you want for each device, then enter the MAC address so that when it starts up it will, if not setup for a static IP address on the device, get the same "known" (static) IP address every time it starts.

If this is static IP address allocation is not set in the router, the DHCP server in the router can and will probably (Murphy's law) provide each device with a different IP address each time it starts and asks for an IP address from the routers DHCP server.

You should be able to enter a description or name of the devices (good idea) on your network at the same time.

Check, if you know how (?) that you have only one DHCP server running, it is possible that a NAS (in the settings) or another device (unlikely, but possible) can be a DHCP server as well as the router, that can cause all sorts of funnies, along with headaches trying to sort it out.

Once that setting up is all done in the router, I suggest that you also setup each networked device connected with the same IP address you allocated to them on the router.

Then after you are satisfied with your settings (double check), restart all your devices including the router so that they all conform to your settings.

You know my number, happy to try and help.

Russell.

Whats a 'metric'?

Tried to add the static address to the router as per the NAS info but the router wanted to know the 'metric' and there was no info in the router by that name.