Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Another Thorens TD160 Super with Linn Basik+ arm and Garrott P77 in Sydney. Bid from 400 or buy for 600. Looks tidy

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Highly desirable model in the Sansui stable - glad it's too far for @@Luc to snaffle up !  :P

Unfortunately the owner of this must have been inundated with offers and has stipulated a rough selling price of $1500 ono.

Vintage Sansui AU-919 integrated amplifier SUPER FIDELITY DD-DC. | Other Audio | Gumtree Australia Mornington Peninsula - Mount Eliza | 1100010755

Some months ago I missed out on a Gumtree Technics SL-D2 turntable with cover all in excellent condition, not far from me, for only $20, rather than the up to $300 (I've been looking for an affordable D2).  The guy said he sold it quickly, and reflected that he may have been able to get more than the asking price given the interest he had received.  Had I been the lucky respondent I think I would have offered more than $20 so I wouldn't feel that I was ripping him off. 

I'm amazed at the number of adverts on Gumtree for very entry-level equipment (or lower), advertised as "high-end audiophile".  The advertisers have no idea and/or no shame.  I feel sorry for those who buy this crap thinking they have got a bargain.  

• Like 1

Some months ago I missed out on a Gumtree Technics SL-D2 turntable with cover all in excellent condition, not far from me, for only $20, rather than the up to $300 (I've been looking for an affordable D2).  The guy said he sold it quickly, and reflected that he may have been able to get more than the asking price given the interest he had received.  Had I been the lucky respondent I think I would have offered more than $20 so I wouldn't feel that I was ripping him off. 

I'm amazed at the number of adverts on Gumtree for very entry-level equipment (or lower), advertised as "high-end audiophile".  The advertisers have no idea and/or no shame.  I feel sorry for those who buy this crap thinking they have got a bargain.  

That is true but all you have to do is quickly do a bit of research to avoid being taken for a ride.

Caveat Emptor applies

Highly desirable model in the Sansui stable - glad it's too far for @@Luc to snaffle up !  :P

Unfortunately the owner of this must have been inundated with offers and has stipulated a rough selling price of $1500 ono.

Vintage Sansui AU-919 integrated amplifier SUPER FIDELITY DD-DC. | Other Audio | Gumtree Australia Mornington Peninsula - Mount Eliza | 1100010755

He probably got a lot of low ball offers. In saying that $1500 is probably a tad on the high side for an original unit - the 919 has some known issues that can destroy output transistors if not attended to.