Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Old sugden are rubbish, I chucked one in the bin because it kept blowing channels.

Address and location of bin please.

That phono stage is attracting plenty of comments about how ugly it is.

But

Is it any good?

If it is the same purchaser who bought it about 3 years ago, then he is selling this piece for far less than he originally purchased it for at auction. From memory, the winning bidder paid about $3000 for this unit through Graysonline. It could be coincidental but I was in a bidding war with someone who purchased this very item and I dropped out at the $1800 mark as I could not find any worthwhile reviews of the item apart from paid-reviews of it.

LUXMAN LX38 - don't hear or see much about these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LUXMAN-LX38-rare-1970s-VALVE-AMPLIFIER-VERY-FAT-WARM-SOUND-IDEAL-FOR-TURNTABLE-/221809281788?

$_57.JPG

Form Tube stereo integrated amplifier Succession runtime output 30W/30W (8ohm, 4ohm) 
25W/25W (16ohms) 
25W+25W (8 ohms, both channel operation, 50Hz - 15kHz) THD (8ohms) 0.1% or less (10W, 1kHz) 
0.4% or less (at the time of an Output power 1kHz) 
1% or less (at the time of an Output power 50Hz - 15kHz) Cross modulation distortion 0.4% or less (at 8 ohms, the time of an Output power 60Hz:7kHz=4:1) Frequency characteristic 30Hz - -40kHz one dB (8ohm, 1W) Input sensitivity Phono1, 2:2mV 
Tuner, Aux1, 2, Monitor1, 2:160mV Input impedance Phono1, 2:50kohm 
Tuner, Aux1, 2, Monitor1, 2:100kohm SN ratio (an IHF-A correction, input short-circuit) Phono1, 2:75dB or more 
Tuner, Aux1, 2, Monitor1, 2:95dB or more Dumping factor 16 (8 ohms, 1kHz) or more Tone control With a curving [ LUX scheme NF type ] point frequency switching (defeat is possible) 
The point curving [ low-pass ]: 150Hz, 300Hz, 600Hz 
The point curving [ high region ]: 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 6kHz Attachment Low boost switchpoint (50Hz, off, 100Hz) 
A low cut-off filter (60Hz, off, 20Hz) 
A high cut-off filter (7kHz, off, 12kHz) 
Monitor switchpoint (tape-1, source, tape-2) 
Tapes dubbing switchpoint (1to2, source, 2to1) 
Recording switchpoint 
Attenuator (-20dB) Valves employed 10:4 50CAs 
8:2 6AQ 
6267:2 
7:3 12AX 
7:1 [ 12 AU ] Supply voltage AC100V, 50Hz/60Hz Power consumption 150W (Electrical Appliance and Material Control Law) Dimensions Width 440x height 162x depth of 343mm Weight 20.1kg
  • Like 1

Got it. Thanks for the headsup.

Good, was soo tempted but all the pickup arranging and freight stuff is a lot of bother. Hope it doesn't need much apart from a clean.

@@Bear72 you buy it if it's so good. You'll be able to shoehorn it in the listening rack no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already have that one Frank!! Mine just looks a little different

Edited by Bear72

Good, was soo tempted but all the pickup arranging and freight stuff is a lot of bother. Hope it doesn't need much apart from a clean.

That's what I'm hoping, too. And you know I was planning to look at that nice looking Sansui SR636 in Windsor soonish, but then this one bobbed up. Cheers Bear :thumb:

• Like 1

Great pick up Dave.

Thanks Chris. I don't have enough time to futz with my Garrard at the moment and it's speed and rumble issues are driving me crazy, so I hope this one will be good for the meantime and a minimum of fuss.

Thanks Chris. I don't have enough time to futz with my Garrard at the moment and it's speed and rumble issues are driving me crazy, so I hope this one will be good for the meantime and a minimum of fuss.

I had a TD160 Super about 10 years ago. Was very happy with it, hope yours works out well.

• Like 1

To Top