Name that Flick

On 08/06/2019 at 10:12 PM, zippi said:

This thread is sooo much fun and I don't want to stop or anything. Would people be interested in a new thread that we could peruse concurrently and broaden horisons further: namely

"The Film Association Game" thread where each subsequent film title posted needs to

EITHER:

1. include a word from the previous film title eg

Post1: Ghosts of Mars (2001) ------ Post 2. Mars Attacks! (1996)

OR

2. be inspired from an association to the previous film eg:

Post 1: Ghosts of Mars (2001)

Post 2: Ghost of Mars > John Carpenter > carpenter > Joseph > Jesus > Last Temptation of Christ (1988)

If there's sufficient interest I can start the thread in this same SubForum.

Lemme know

Can you send a link for this thread? 

I'll add one--- from the early 2000's won countless awards and nominations--very socially to bone conscious film of the time.

Willco

PS  MrBuzz--you are on the money with the Horror pic above --so close bit more sleuthing you will nail it?!

GD1.thumb.jpg.d5b5653f75852f0ad6c3527a9a714094.jpginet

1 hour ago, Willco said:

I'll add one--- from the early 2000's won countless awards and nominations--very socially to bone conscious film of the time.

Willco

PS  MrBuzz--you are on the money with the Horror pic above --so close bit more sleuthing you will nail it?!

GD1.thumb.jpg.d5b5653f75852f0ad6c3527a9a714094.jpginet

I don't recognize the actor, but you say it's made in the 2000's , has a social message and is intelligently made, which makes me think it's not American.  :D

10 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I don't recognize the actor, but you say it's made in the 2000's , has a social message and is intelligently made, which makes me think it's not American.  :D

He is not prominent in the cast--the profile on the left is.

Correct on all other points--it won many International awards--and was made on a Shoestring budget?

On your other quest above--sorry, am I "Babling" on??

Willco

5 hours ago, Willco said:

He is not prominent in the cast--the profile on the left is.

Correct on all other points--it won many International awards--and was made on a Shoestring budget?

On your other quest above--sorry, am I "Babling" on??

Willco

Is it Babel by Innaritu?

I contemplated this as a possibility earlier, however shoestring budget? - never wouldda guessed...

35 minutes ago, zippi said:

Is it Babel by Innaritu?

I contemplated this as a possibility earlier, however shoestring budget? - never wouldda guessed...

Sorry not Babel--little earlier than that -but nice try.

--my "Babling" comment was nudge/wink for MrBuz re his horror flick post comment earlier?

Willco

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willco said:

Sorry not Babel

I could have sworn the person in profile on the left was the lady from Mexico working as a maid in US (from Babel). Oh well - more fun to be had.

:thumb:

43 minutes ago, zippi said:

I could have sworn the person in profile on the left was the lady from Mexico working as a maid in US (from Babel). Oh well - more fun to be had.

:thumb:

She is Catalina Sandino Moreno and the movie was Maria full of Grace 2004

Your Horror flick MrBuzz-- yes you were almost there! --

The  Babadook--very much an under patronised Film--deserved better, a Fine Aust Production.

Carry on Chaps

Willco

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Willco said:

The  Babadook--very much an under patronised Film--deserved better, a Fine Aust Production. 

Very much so. Film needs to be seen to be believed. So well crafted. Tones and tones of chaos, tension and intensity from nowhere and nothing at all it seems. Soooooo overlooked unfortunately.

• Like 1